Cheaters/Hackers list

Options

Comments

• Even for f2p players, a roster like that is not unrealistic if they were playing since day 1. With p2w, I'd say it's pretty possible to have the whole cast maxed out.
  • Even for f2p players, a roster like that is not unrealistic if they were playing since day 1. With p2w, I'd say it's pretty possible to have the whole cast maxed out.

Kinda figured, but wasn't entirely sure.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Okay, I'm 99% sure Brandubh is cheating.

At first I thought it was just PVE level scaling at work. But in Nefarious, he's killing me in seconds with 40 Yelena/15 Doom/20 Moonstone. That team can't even cut through Daken's regen, let alone do it under a minute.
    I've reported him twice, nothing yet. Blame the weekend?

We are in the same bracket, gobstopper, I am 'dannyshan'. I look at the top 10's roster, only you and I have a roster strong enough to beat every missions. That guy Brandubh is def cheating, probably using the one-hit kill hack. I have reported him too, and waiting to see how D3P will react. But at the mean time, don't give up playing.
    Good luck beating him, danny. I gave up in Round 2, just can't rearrange my life around 4 hours of grinding every 12 hours. The fact that the guy still isn't banned is quite disconcerting though. Is it a dev smurf?
  • Doesn't really need to beat em as 1st and 2nd place prize is the same. Kinda of relieved they are untouchable and seems people are slacking, as all I wanted was top 10 and it seems pretty secure at this point.
  • Moving up your system clock (at least on the Steam version) only works for so long though. Once you get beyond the end of the event/tournament, it no longer shows on your event selection screen. So you can borrow time from the future, but you can't get indefinite time.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    Do you think cheaters also go the other way? Instead of low roster wins, how about someone with an insanely high roster?
    Nismo, currently top in my Hard Simulator bracket (and who did not appear at all yesterday) has:

141 Patch, 141 Daredevil, 141 Black Widow Grey Suit, 85 Wolverine **, 85 Thor, 85 Classic Storm, 85 Black Widow Original, 155 Invisible Woman, 102 Spiderman, 102 Ironman M40, 92 Magneto Classic, 92 Hulk, 89 Doctor Doom, 112 Wolverine ****, and diverse others of varying levels.

Granted, the fella could have absolutely put in a metric butt-tonne of time and an incredibly fat wallet into doing this. I'm ignorant, so just asking.

The top of my Simulator Basics bracket has 210 IW and 200 XForce Wolverine, and a string of 141 and 85 level heroes. Not saying it couldn't be legit, but... That's a lot of money thrown into the game, if is.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    Do you think cheaters also go the other way? Instead of low roster wins, how about someone with an insanely high roster?
    Nismo, currently top in my Hard Simulator bracket (and who did not appear at all yesterday) has:

141 Patch, 141 Daredevil, 141 Black Widow Grey Suit, 85 Wolverine **, 85 Thor, 85 Classic Storm, 85 Black Widow Original, 155 Invisible Woman, 102 Spiderman, 102 Ironman M40, 92 Magneto Classic, 92 Hulk, 89 Doctor Doom, 112 Wolverine ****, and diverse others of varying levels.

Granted, the fella could have absolutely put in a metric butt-tonne of time and an incredibly fat wallet into doing this. I'm ignorant, so just asking.

I don't know if that guy is cheating or not but I have a heavier roster than that and I know that I didn't. You can't really tell just by looking at the roster.
  • On a pve they may not be cheating, scaling is that bad. On the other hand, its unlikely that NONE of them are cheating
  • I wouldn't worry much about roster cheating. Even if you have unlimited iso and HP. It would take you.... What 3 hours or so to get all the covers then go through and level everyone up. Once someone gets deleted for doing that what's the likelihood they go to all the trouble to do that again? They'll just move onto the next game. Plus there's nothing to be gained by maxing out your roster. Maybe you win one tournament but then you get found out and with the multiple bracket system and the fact that you aren't actually playing human opponents..what would be the point.

Cheaters are only interested in games with global leaderboards, true PVP, or multiplaye and games with friends lists. . That's what I think anyway. There's nothing to be gained from cheating in this game and people who do will figure that out quickly and move on. There are no special in game items that can be gained by cheating... There's just no point at all

It's not unthinkable for someone to spend 2-3k on a video game. People do it all the time. People also spend their entire paychecks on stuff like drugs and gambling too.
  • I wouldn't worry much about roster cheating. Even if you have unlimited iso and HP. It would take you.... What 3 hours or so to get all the covers then go through and level everyone up. Once someone gets deleted for doing that what's the likelihood they go to all the trouble to do that again? They'll just move onto the next game. Plus there's nothing to be gained by maxing out your roster. Maybe you win one tournament but then you get found out and with the multiple bracket system and the fact that you aren't actually playing human opponents..what would be the point.

Cheaters are only interested in games with global leaderboards, true PVP, or multiplaye and games with friends lists. . That's what I think anyway. There's nothing to be gained from cheating in this game and people who do will figure that out quickly and move on. There are no special in game items that can be gained by cheating... There's just no point at all

It's not unthinkable for someone to spend 2-3k on a video game. People do it all the time. People also spend their entire paychecks on stuff like drugs and gambling too.
    All sound reasoning but you forget that cheaters in this game aren't deleted. They are allowed to continue playing the game, but in theory they don't affect other players' points or rewards anymore.

That's why there actually is higher incentive in this game to cheat than others. You aren't really punished for it, since you are playing vs AI either way. You aren't prevented from getting any cover you want, or getting any of the new covers, none of your chars are deleted, you can basically do whatever you want, everyone else just has blinders on.
  • Good luck on 2nd Gob; Brandubh was banned.
  • Hey, gobstopper, have you taken a look at the leaderboard of our bracket, the cheater Brandubh has been removed. Hope you will continue to play, and let's grab the top tier reward. I hope D3P has also removed cheaters in other bracket.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    haha
    was watching some guy with a level 20 roster sitting at top of my easy bracket with 12000 points
    90 mins before bracket ended, he suddenly disappeared
    was beautiful
  • Puritas wrote:
    haha
    was watching some guy with a level 20 roster sitting at top of my easy bracket with 12000 points
    was beautiful

Don't want to upset you, but these cheaters are not banned. They are flagged, separated from the other players. They are still playing, in their own world, alone. They will always place at #1 when they look at the leaderboard, but we can't see them.
  • Hey, gobstopper, have you taken a look at the leaderboard of our bracket, the cheater Brandubh has been removed. Hope you will continue to play, and let's grab the top tier reward. I hope D3P has also removed cheaters in other bracket.
    Yeah I saw. Better late than never I guess.

@ihearthawthats What's your ingame ID? You can go for top2 with danny, I'm happy with just the Psylocke covers.
  • I don't play any other competitive games online so pardon my ignorance. Just wondering if the frequency of cheating on MPQ is consist on other gaming apps as well? How has other games dealt with the issue if at all?

I can start seeing that if the developers do not clamp down on the apparently different means of cheating, it will impact everyone's overall "fun" more than any of the Funbalancing that has occurred.

I believe majority of players are competitive and pushes themselves for the best results possible but it certainly leaves a bad taste in one's mouth when someone else did not make the same sacrifice to achieve the award.

I did submit a ticket for 3 suspicious players that seem to be ruling my bracket. They don't even have the essential covers. I feel bad for the other players who are slugging it out with their 2* lvl 85 characters to keep up and will likely lose out in the top 2. I'm only aiming for Top 100. Would like to finish my 2* Wolverine (I know, it's sad.)
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I moved from 9th to 12th in main in Simulator because I wasn't playing for many hours straight, but today I somehow became 11th without gaining any points, was it thanks to to removing a cheater from my bracket? My main still shows 1000 players, but easy sub shows 201 players.
  • Puritas wrote:
    haha
    was beautiful

Don't want to upset you, but these cheaters are not banned. They are flagged, separated from the other players. They are still playing, in their own world, alone. They will always place at #1 when they look at the leaderboard, but we can't see them.
    Turns out they actually compete against the leaderboard just like anyone else but they don't actually take the points away from the people they attack and they don't take away a leaderboard spot from other people. So...their gameplay experience is pretty much unchanged, but they can't negatively impact anyone else.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ApolloAndy wrote:
    Puritas wrote:
    haha
    was beautiful

Turns out they actually compete against the leaderboard just like anyone else but they don't actually take the points away from the people they attack and they don't take away a leaderboard spot from other people. So...their gameplay experience is pretty much unchanged, but they can't negatively impact anyone else.

This is actually a very elegant solution to stop cheating. If they were banned, then theyd just create another account and continue to cheat and mess everyone up. This way, they still think that they're playing the game and stomping everyone, when in reality they're just playing in their own little cheater sandbox.

• This is actually a very elegant solution to stop cheating. If they were banned, then theyd just create another account and continue to cheat and mess everyone up. This way, they still think that they're playing the game and stomping everyone, when in reality they're just playing in their own little cheater sandbox.

So you're saying all I have to do to get single player functionality is to cheat?