Cheaters/Hackers list

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So I was thinking the devs could probably use a hand on trying to sift through all the cheating scum, and it would benefit us as well because most of the time these people are taking the top spots in tournaments, and that means less of us getting the top prizes. I figure it could do a lot of good if each of us looks at the top 10 for our bracket (for each tournament) and just leaves the names here on this thread for the devs to investigate/remove as appropriate. So this thread isn't for the discussion of cheaters or whining that not enough is being done, just leave names and if you want some brief info, and hopefully the devs will go through and purge. Time to name and shame people! I'll start:

Zipperfruit - Currently 1st in Simulator bracket - Top 3 character levels 44, 41, 40
sonny_chiba - Currently 3rd in Simulator bracket - Top 3 character levels 31, 30, 30 (all one star)
-Devious- - Currently 4th in Simulator bracket - Top 3 character levels 50, 50, 40 (all one star, levels were lower earlier in tournament when he was ranked 1st)
naviss - Currently 6th in Simulator bracket - Top 3 character levels 52, 45, 36
lumpie - Currently 7th in Simulator bracket - Top 3 character levels 50, 46, 45
SyKlone - Currently 8th in Simulator bracket - Top 3 character levels 22, 22, 22 (all one star)
Rezeak - Currently 9th in Simulator Basics bracket (61k+ points) - Top 3 character levels 50, 30, 30
IanisGod - Currently 4th in Simulator Hard bracket - Top 3 character levels 55, 53, 52
yamaraj - Currently 7th in Simulator Hard bracket - Top 3 character levels 50, 45, 45

Just as an additional, some of these might not seem TOO obvious, as there's nothing to say you couldn't do reasonably well with low-level teams, but nobody with teams this weak should be able to take top 10 spots...

Comments

• None of these people are cheating... You misunderstood how the game works.
  • This question has been answered so many times and so has this topic. icon_neutral.gif
  • LOL... All the real cheaters will never get caught because everyone thinks that these lower level guys are cheating.

I have higher level chars so I fight higher level AI. These guys aren't fighting the same AI as you.

I'm first in my hard bracket and all of the rest of the top 10 has a much lower level roster than I do.
  • Meet the leader of my sub hard bracket, at 39476 (over half the average total score at this point, I'd guess):

mpq_simsub2h_39476.jpg

Prolly legit. Has a Storm in there, and with buff she can steamroll anything up to level 70 or so.

Demiurge has requested we send support tickets if we think someone is cheating and they'll investigate. Instructions are in the bugs/support subforum, or you can use the in-game mail icon, which apparently works now. I'd suggest leaving it up to them to make a final determination rather than publicly naming lists of users, since given a couple of quirks it's next to impossible for end users to tell if someone is cheating just by looking at their roster.

I need to put this link on my desktop for quick access, or something. That's the longest explanation I believe anyone affiliated with Demiurge has given of what the dynamic scaling they've been futzing with since TaT is supposed to do. It still doesn't, really, at least not as far anyone on here has been able to make out, but maybe their usage data says otherwise.

There's never been a news post discussing it, so if you want to find everything that's been said you'll need to search for every random drop-in post in the middle of a 30-page thread by IceIX and Demiurge_Will.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The one stars may be cheating. In order to get into easy mode they needed to beat a buffed Daken and moonstone who had twice the health of their entire team.

To get into hard mode is easier because you only have to beat buffed cap, but the lowest hard mode mobs go is level 30, and the harder battles start at 47. M.storm and m.widow have sod all health and iron man can't tank all the colours for them.

For the teams with mid level 2 stars, if they stick to the buffed characters they can do very well with the poorly scaling mobs.

You need to use the reporting tool from the client or the web form. Posting names on here does not get auctioned.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    Meet the leader of my sub hard bracket, at 39476 (over half the average total score at this point, I'd guess):

Prolly legit. Has a Storm in there, and with buff she can steamroll anything up to level 70 or so.

Demiurge has requested we send support tickets if we think someone is cheating and they'll investigate. Instructions are in .

He has no healers though, and no tanks. So unless he is spending a small fortune on health packs I have no idea how he could sustain that point output.
  • So I was thinking the devs could probably use a hand on trying to sift through all the cheating scum, and it would benefit us as well because most of the time these people are taking the top spots in tournaments, and that means less of us getting the top prizes. I figure it could do a lot of good if each of us looks at the top 10 for our bracket (for each tournament) and just leaves the names here on this thread for the devs to investigate/remove as appropriate. So this thread isn't for the discussion of cheaters or whining that not enough is being done, just leave names and if you want some brief info, and hopefully the devs will go through and purge. Time to name and shame people! I'll start:

Zipperfruit - Currently 1st in Simulator bracket - Top 3 character levels 44, 41, 40
    sonny_chiba - Currently 3rd in Simulator bracket - Top 3 character levels 31, 30, 30 (all one star)
    -Devious- - Currently 4th in Simulator bracket - Top 3 character levels 50, 50, 40 (all one star, levels were lower earlier in tournament when he was ranked 1st)
    SyKlone - Currently 8th in Simulator bracket - Top 3 character levels 22, 22, 22 (all one star)
    Rezeak - Currently 9th in Simulator Basics bracket (61k+ points) - Top 3 character levels 50, 30, 30
    IanisGod - Currently 4th in Simulator Hard bracket - Top 3 character levels 55, 53, 52
    yamaraj - Currently 7th in Simulator Hard bracket - Top 3 character levels 50, 45, 45

Just as an additional, some of these might not seem TOO obvious, as there's nothing to say you couldn't do reasonably well with low-level teams, but nobody with teams this weak should be able to take top 10 spots...

I reported rezeak and got a reply yesterday that "my problem was solved" with no additional info. Thanks for nothing d3!!!!!
    Microtom wrote:
    None of these people are cheating... You misunderstood how the game works.

Really? So the guy without iron man40 or loki or other required players for various missions should be in the top 10?
  • It still doesn't make sense to me. I understand how people with smaller rosters fight easier opponents, but as they do better and get more points those opponents should 'scale up' to get harder, right? So unless after that scaling they are getting AI teams that they can not only beat, but beat repeatedly and consistently in order to get the maximum points in a bracket, it just doesn't add up. I'm using a team (when I can) of a 69 Daken, 85 Ares and 100 GSBW, and both of my 4th missions (the one worth the most points) are lvl230 AI. I'm lower in the rankings, have lost numerous times (the Don feeds AP far faster than I can do anything about it), and yet the one star guys have the most points? It doesn't add up.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    So I was thinking the devs could probably use a hand on trying to sift through all the cheating scum, and it would benefit us as well because most of the time these people are taking the top spots in tournaments, and that means less of us getting the top prizes. I figure it could do a lot of good if each of us looks at the top 10 for our bracket (for each tournament) and just leaves the names here on this thread for the devs to investigate/remove as appropriate. So this thread isn't for the discussion of cheaters or whining that not enough is being done, just leave names and if you want some brief info, and hopefully the devs will go through and purge. Time to name and shame people! I'll start:

I reported rezeak and got a reply yesterday that "my problem was solved" with no additional info. **** does that mean that my problem was solved??

Thanks for nothing d3!!!!!
    Microtom wrote:
    None of these people are cheating... You misunderstood how the game works.

Really? So the guy without iron man40 or loki or other required players for various missions should be in the top 10?
  • The featured character required mission don't really give that much points, especially consider one of those missions tend to be extremely hard and isn't worth doing, while another isn't worth much points.

I think at low levels, The Hood wouldn't have his blue maxed so he wouldn't be that much of a threat either.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The featured character required mission don't really give that much points, especially consider one of those missions tend to be extremely hard and isn't worth doing, while another isn't worth much points.

Simply not true. 3 of the missions require a specific character, and 2 of those are the highest scoring missions after mission 4. It would be impossible to score top 10 in the bracket without being able to do those missions.
  • Why should we level characters if it's easier to win stuff with low level characters?
  • Microtom wrote:
    Why should we level characters if it's easier to win stuff with low level characters?

Because that's the point of the game.
  • Microtom wrote:
    Why should we level characters if it's easier to win stuff with low level characters?

Well... I finished with 37k in my hard bracket. Next closest guy had 27k.... I guess that's why.
  • I'm currently going through the 1* to 2* roster progression and can say for sure that the game has become harder as my roster has improved.
  • Kantail
    Kantail Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    To get into hard mode is easier because you only have to beat buffed cap, but the lowest hard mode mobs go is level 30, and the harder battles start at 47.

This is definitely not true. I am looking at level 21 and 22 for the Spidey/Bullseye/GSBW team in my hard mode bracket. Level 18 for the first mobs in the bracket.

Have a level 40 Iron Man, 28 MStorm and assorted others I haven't done much with.
  • So the guy without iron man40 or loki or other required players for various missions should be in the top 10?

I *just* missed a top 10 finish on Easy Simulator Round 2, despite not being able to do the Classic Magneto missions. I've got characters who're high-level enough that the enemies scale all the way up, but that suggests to me that with the right grinding, what you're seeing is actually doable.
  • What do you guys think, cheater or not? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3647
  • If I sell all my top characters, then the game gets easier? Neat.
  • Pretty sure I have a candidate that trumps every other one listed.

His roster:
    http://imgur.com/a1cQdJ0

His score? 1st @ 87k

The kicker is for the first two days of the event he only had Level 1 1* chars and a Level 6 Thor. Didn't even use any ISO to level his chars. Then when I watched him do Hard mode a few days ago, he was gaining points 100-1k at a time every 15-30 seconds.