Where did the Devs go?

2»

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rumbles wrote:
    Since the topic has already strayed off course, I would just like to add it wasn't the losing. It was an utter lack of fun. Nobody beat super Mario brothers the first time they played. But people still enjoy the game.

I definitely had less fun with Super Mario than MPQ. Stupid 8-bit platformers. Can't land on the tiny little tiny kitty rock. Have to go all the way back to the beginning of the level.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    Demiurge seemed to disappear from the D3 Go! forums after they were acquired by Sega. Could be something they have been instructed to do. Would you want members of your dev team active on other publishers' forums? Sega did launch Puzzle & Glory, which is ran on the same engine as MPQ, since they acquired the rights to the game engine, but not to MPQ itself, when they acquired Demiurge.

I checked on the Sega forums, and it does seem that it's a different development team, so Will, Miles, etc, don't seem to have to split their time between P&G and MPQ. Sidenote, P&G seems to be running into the ground too b/c it seems to be taking notes from MPQ.

I've been checking out P&G for the last few days. It's already got "bonus currency" for guilds/alliances attached to buying the larger IAPs and a much large gap between the spending amounts. It's essentially "buy big or don't buy at all". The restriction to two powers for each character is interesting, but there's already just so much bloat in terms of near identical characters in different colours/factions which I can only guess was done to try and sell roster space. I'd almost wager that P&G will go belly up before MPQ does, although right now it looks like a race to the bottom for both of them.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    I'd almost wager that P&G will go belly up before MPQ does, although right now it looks like a race to the bottom for both of them.

I'd double down on that bet. MPQ has been around longer, so there have been some good times, to balance out the bad. People are already pot committed, and will probably go down with the MPQ ship, at this point. P&G doesn't have the Marvel license, which helped grow the MPQ userbase, that allows the userbase to shrink when times got/are bad. Both are match 3 games on the same engine, but the Marvel license and existing userbase, help MPQ stand out.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Wait, MtGPQ is out, NOW? As in, right NOW NOW??? icon_e_surprised.gif
    U2Tllur.png?1
    Yes, right now
    Trying this out right now... Just going through the tutorial now.