Where did the Devs go?

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
They used to post almost every day for a while. Sometimes multiple times per day. At the very least they would post a few times per week.

Now we go weeks with no contact. What happened?

Comments

• Maybe they got bored of the overwhelming negativity on these forums since the Anniversary event icon_e_confused.gif
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe they got bored of the overwhelming negativity on these forums since the Anniversary event icon_e_confused.gif

Maybe they shouldn't have hyped up such a tinykitty event, then...
  • Haha, well I never said that negativity wasn't deserved!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    MTG: PQ

Out now
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    They used to post almost every day for a while. Sometimes multiple times per day. At the very least they would post a few times per week.

Now we go weeks with no contact. What happened?

i think they are buzzy trying to get the new features up and running.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    the ones we usually hear from, Hi-Fi and such, are part of the MtGPQ team as well, which launched today.. chances are they were very very busy leading up to this.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Wait, MtGPQ is out, NOW? As in, right NOW NOW??? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    the ones we usually hear from, Hi-Fi and such, are part of the MtGPQ team as well, which launched today.. chances are they were very very busy leading up to this.

Those are the publishers (D3Go)

The Dev team (Demiurge) isn't part of MTG, and have still been absent for months.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Wait, MtGPQ is out, NOW? As in, right NOW NOW??? icon_e_surprised.gif
    U2Tllur.png?1
    Yes, right now
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    I speculate that someone higher up on their food chain put a gag order on them after the anniversary debacle. saying things like "you're supposed to lose" probably wasn't the best response.
  • Since the topic has already strayed off course, I would just like to add it wasn't the losing. It was an utter lack of fun. Nobody beat super Mario brothers the first time they played. But people still enjoy the game.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    1207-74.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=F13A1F9190F00936DA249733D2D7DE0FC2858E622D93679BC509F01AE3736962CCECDCB18129B4DF
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    IceX is the dev who responds most frequently to topics posted here. I think he visited the forums yesterday for the first time in over a week (I usually search for dev responses by clicking on their name and searching for recent posts). Maybe he was on vacation? If so, though, you would think they would have other people that can step in and address at least the most pressing questions (e.g. 20-ISO).
  • Must be that they are very entertained with the game opening their LT: 500 Starlords, 300 Mr. Fantastic and 200 Captain Fap-Fap.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    They didn't want to participate in the 7 day grind fest for new hulk either. Probably took a little time away from the game
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceX is the dev who responds most frequently to topics posted here. I think he visited the forums yesterday for the first time in over a week (I usually search for dev responses by clicking on their name and searching for recent posts). Maybe he was on vacation? If so, though, you would think they would have other people that can step in and address at least the most pressing questions (e.g. 20-ISO).

He did just do an insanely long web-cast, that answered almost every question ever asked! It is quite long, but worth listening to.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36281
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

Those are the publishers (D3Go)

The Dev team (Demiurge) isn't part of MTG, and have still been absent for months.

Demiurge seemed to disappear from the D3 Go! forums after they were acquired by Sega. Could be something they have been instructed to do. Would you want members of your dev team active on other publishers' forums? Sega did launch Puzzle & Glory, which is ran on the same engine as MPQ, since they acquired the rights to the game engine, but not to MPQ itself, when they acquired Demiurge.

I checked on the Sega forums, and it does seem that it's a different development team, so Will, Miles, etc, don't seem to have to split their time between P&G and MPQ. Sidenote, P&G seems to be running into the ground too b/c it seems to be taking notes from MPQ.

Demiurge mention reddit a lot, but they lurk there (rarely posting), even though they have moderator titles in the subreddit. Maybe since D3 Go! banned a troll on these forums, they hang out over there and click on his downvoted posts in order to read what his rants/thoughts are on the game.

As far as interaction from the D3 Go! team, David and Joe (IceIX), I had this exchange with David in another thread (snipped for length and relevance).
    lukewin wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    lukewin wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    You hear from D3 Go! here in the forums on a regular basis.

Our definition of regular might be different.

I believe it is. I get a quick count of over 50 comments from Ice and myself over the past 2 days. We post when we can and we are reading and discussing topics internally more often than that. There's always room for improvement though.

It does seem to be feast or famine, in terms of responses. These past 2 days, it's been a feast. If you look back further, even within the past 2 months, the amount of posts per day grows smaller as the amount of days grows. The shrinkage is even more apparent if you count meaningful posts, but meaningful is also a subjective term. I'd also not include posts about MtGPQ and ATPQ, since those aren't relevant to the MPQ discussions.

They could also limit what they say, in order to avoid saying stuff they'll probably regret saying, since people like me, bring it up.

Line Q&A w/ IceIX
    Scoregasms - Hmm, will rostering a 5* actually mess up scaling for those folks that keep an intentionally low roster level?
    Scoregasms - Like the 94-100 max roster peeps I see a lot?
    IceIX - Nope.

On Galactus run 1 (Game feel vs Ultron)
    IceIX wrote:
    ...it seems like a lot of people are on a basic disconnect here...
    >snip<
    You're supposed to lose.
    >snip<
    Not many Alliances are getting anywhere near full clears. Which is actually intended. You're supposed to lose your Health Packs on Galactus, rather than against the minions like on Ultron.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, I think it's a Scott from Mattycollector situation. Saying less because every time they do say usually gets their feet stuck in their mouth and the consumers engaged.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just for posterity, IceIX and HiFi are not developers, they work for the publishing house. They're generally the people we see responses from, and as mentioned above, are both on the MtG:PQ team, so are both have been very busy leading up to the release today (and likely will for a week or two to come).

The developers can be noted by having the studio name in their username (like Miles).
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also let's remember that the Devs have said that they have 2-3 big new features coming down the pipe next year so they might be in crunch time to finalise them before the Holidays. No time to come around to read and refute for the n time threads stating that AI cascades occur by design and the such.