please don't launch a new char during Christmas

2»

Comments

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Do we know that the two new characters referenced are both 4*s? I mean, it would be weird to release new rivals at different levels, but they could have meant the unannounced 5* for the month and a 2nd 4* after Cho.
    I believe they're sticking at the 3 5* for now, not one a month. Assume that most releases (until they reach critical 4* mass) will be 4*.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hope you aren't assuming that every player celebrates that holiday.. i don't, and i am in the US.. making exceptions for non-universal holidays, especially religious(actually, commercial) holidays, would be bad form for an international game.

On one hand I agree.

On the other hand, I think in general a company should strive to not have new content launch at times that they themselves will not be around. So if the office is closed on Christmas, you time it to not introduce a new character during that day (basically run a 4 day over the weekend, and do the new character the next week). This would apply to major holidays that the company takes.

Obviously, that's a different philosophy than the current reality.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hope you aren't assuming that every player celebrates that holiday.. i don't, and i am in the US.. making exceptions for non-universal holidays, especially religious(actually, commercial) holidays, would be bad form for an international game.

That's a good point, but I think it's worth noting that many in the U.S. and West get those days off regardless of their religious observances, which means more time to play. Or, you know, watch your kids grow up if you're some kind of jerk.

Anyone else have Beastie Boys stuck in their head now?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Although if this is the new character, then all is forgiven.

wolverine_49_2.jpg?w=240&h=374

(thanks, Punisher5784! yes, I know it'd be another Wolverine, but if you don't like the idea of Wolverine: Santa Claws, then your heart is two sizes too small.)

Santa Claws. Why didn't I think of the obvious name?

I was going with St. Snikt.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

Yeah but...the vast majority of the playerbase is US or UK based, right? I mean, I'm assuming so.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Although if this is the new character, then all is forgiven.

wolverine_49_2.jpg?w=240&h=374

(thanks, Punisher5784! yes, I know it'd be another Wolverine, but if you don't like the idea of Wolverine: Santa Claws, then your heart is two sizes too small.)

Santa Claws. Why didn't I think of the obvious name?

I was going with St. Snikt.

Hey, I'd vote for yours over mine. That's pretty fantastic.