please don't launch a new char during Christmas

Shadow
Shadow Posts: 155
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The R90 preview seems to suggest 2 more new chars to be released this year. I assume one of those will be starting around 17th December. One week off after hulk then new char. But there's no more time to release another one after that unless it comes on 24th December? I hope this isn't the case.

Hopefully, it is more like 1 new char for from 17th - 21st December and another new char from 21st - 24th December if there are really going to be 2 more new chars for this year. This is much more preferable compared to a launch during Christmas.

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they're actually releasing over the end of the year/new year.

You're going to be awake anyway, why not spend that time grinding in MPQ?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, stuff family and friends. I plan to spend my entire Christmas glued to MPQ! icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Santa: "What do you want for Christmas little player"
    Player: "I want the new 4*!"
    Santa: "ho ho ho ho! No problem! Just grind my 7-day event and you'll receive your 4* on New Years Day! Ho ho ho"
    Player: "Nevermind I'll take the football"

icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope you aren't assuming that every player celebrates that holiday.. i don't, and i am in the US.. making exceptions for non-universal holidays, especially religious(actually, commercial) holidays, would be bad form for an international game.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2015
    maybe.... A new surprise character's cover holiday gift for logging in on Christmas Day..!!! yay..!!!
  • Well if you do celebrate Xmas, and you're seriously considering dumping your family at that time so you can grind MPQ for the new 4* that you HAVE to have... Then what you have is a problem.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hope you aren't assuming that every player celebrates that holiday.. i don't, and i am in the US.. making exceptions for non-universal holidays, especially religious(actually, commercial) holidays, would be bad form for an international game.

That's a good point, but I think it's worth noting that many in the U.S. and West get those days off regardless of their religious observances, which means more time to play. Or, you know, watch your kids grow up if you're some kind of jerk.
  • The Bob The
    Although if this is the new character, then all is forgiven.

wolverine_49_2.jpg?w=240&h=374

(thanks, Punisher5784! yes, I know it'd be another Wolverine, but if you don't like the idea of Wolverine: Santa Claws, then your heart is two sizes too small.)
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor

(thanks, Punisher5784! yes, I know it'd be another Wolverine, but if you don't like the idea of Wolverine: Santa Claws, then your heart is two sizes too small.)

Or will be, once he's through with you.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    It's not like they are releasing a new character every day. They have pauses in the releases. If the pause so happens to coincide with Christmas or Ramadan or whatever, is that bad for an international game?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i really hope there is one so i have something to do.. Really though think about it its not as bad as you think it would been. I thought the thanksgiving new event would be bad but Got to remember you only have to

If i was not put in a death bracket thanksgiving i would of made top 100. make 128th.

I would think more people would have problems at thanksgiving then Christmas finding time to play. (at least steam users)
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Shadow wrote:
    please don't launch a new char during Christmas

I would only expect that if they launched new characters over Thanksgiving, or Labor Day, or Independence Day... oh. Nevermind.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't celebrate, but I have 11 days of no work spanning two weekends... so I'm ok with it. But I can see how it would be inconvenient for those that do celebrate it.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do we know that the two new characters referenced are both 4*s? I mean, it would be weird to release new rivals at different levels, but they could have meant the unannounced 5* for the month and a 2nd 4* after Cho.
  • The Bob The

Or will be, once he's through with you.

He's the best there is at what he does, and what he does is deliver presents! Also some murder. Mostly the murdering, really.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    so...wolvie claus or santa claws?

ps. I'd vote for no release over major holidays too but not holding my breath - its their SOP.
  • Launch 4 * during Christmas's dinner.
    10536667-amigas-sentado-a-la-mesa-de-comedor-en-telefonos-celulares.jpg
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    um...ok I'm thinking an average group of mpq players would look very different than that pic lol
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    if pattern goes back to normal i could see releases on

Dec 17 and 31th (if there is a 31th release) every 2 week the pattern was

really dont care when they come out BUT it would be nice if they would give us a few week warning.. Dont know why they like hiding info so much its not like we are going to make our own Marvel Block questie thingie and steal their ideas icon_e_smile.gif
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    um...ok I'm thinking an average group of mpq players would look very different than that pic lol
    No-Cell-Phones-at-the-dinner-table-cover_uydltv.jpg