No more $ from me until.......

2»

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:

Seems to me it's the Marvel-required dud launches (Cho, Flaptain, etc) that keep new releases from being exactly that. And the devs also seem to be releasing characters that are what players need rather than what they might want; chracters that are useful, but not necessarily FAST.

I tend to agree with this. It feels like a lot of stuff that the game developers want to do is pushed to the side due to tie-ins with other marvel properties. Perfect example is Cho. Not really liking him much as MPQ character, but I imagine Marvel wants him out there to cater to Asian consumers. now if he were as useful as a Kamala, that would be another story. icon_lol.gif

Personally speaking I think it's insulting to ethnic consumers that marvel feels the need to make a specifically ethnic character. I like the characters I like because of their character and beliefs and good writing and artwork. Never will I forgoe a character based on their ethnicity nor will I like one based on their ethnicity. It just seems stupid and insulting to my intelligence to sell it me that way. Are ethnic specific characters necessary? No. I don't categorise people based on ethnicity - as naïve as it may be I believe everyone to be citizens of earth not tied by ethnicity and so all heroes are heroes of earth and not "black heroes" or "Asian Heroes" or "Female Heroes" to me they are all just...heroes. All equal in stature and accessibility.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Ok, so some of the newer 4*s are incredibly powerful and useful against several different types of opponents. I would actually be willing to drop my hard earned cash on a Stark if I could actually get all 3 colors for some of these chars. But it feels like unless you are willing to schedule your life around events, and I mean setting alarms and everything, you cannot get covers for the elite chars. Why buy a Stark if you only have 1-2 colors on the char you wish to whale?(hope I'm using that term properly) I do not have the time(or patience) to get 1k in PVP, and LTs are difficult to attain for players with lives and families. And of course, even when i do earn an LT, the chance of me getting the 4*s i want are slim at best. So besides planning my life around MPQ, how can i get all 3 colors for chars like Ice, Rulk, and IMHB?
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, so some of the newer 4*s are incredibly powerful and useful against several different types of opponents. I would actually be willing to drop my hard earned cash on a Stark if I could actually get all 3 colors for some of these chars. But it feels like unless you are willing to schedule your life around events, and I mean setting alarms and everything, you cannot get covers for the elite chars. Why buy a Stark if you only have 1-2 colors on the char you wish to whale?(hope I'm using that term properly) I do not have the time(or patience) to get 1k in PVP, and LTs are difficult to attain for players with lives and families. And of course, even when i do earn an LT, the chance of me getting the 4*s i want are slim at best. So besides planning my life around MPQ, how can i get all 3 colors for chars like Ice, Rulk, and IMHB?

Cynically, wait until they are featured in an event and their rates are boosted, and drop cash on packs repeatedly until you get them. Realistically, waiting for them to come up in PVP and pushing hard for the 1k's when they are up is the strategy for most people I think. If you can stomach it, then fighting for them in PVE when they are up works, but few people have the schedule to do that.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Isn't the "featured" drop rate still like 1% or something? Better chance of winning on Fan duel....LOL
  • Tatercat wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    This means fixing match dmg, character abilities, health issues, (Daken, Patch, Hood *cough*)

I'm sympathetic to a lot of the frustration in this post, but this one part I possibly disagree with. Do you mean those three characters have low health issues? They would be way out of balance if they had even moderate health levels, like say 3*Cyke or 3* Cap. There's a lot of characters who need adjusting, but those 3 seem about right for what they are, even by the other issues you mention.

Daken and Patch i agree with. Hood needs some help tho. Not a TON of help, but a smidge. His health pool makes him completely irrelevant. He used to be too strong, i would say, but the health changes hit him too hard.
  • I stopped spending money after the Wolverine and Thoress nerfs. I never will again. I regret I ever did. I still play, but sometimes it feels like one long grind. 4 star characters are out of my reach mostly. 1000 in PVP is hard to reach with all the maxed IMHB and Iceman.