Look-alike Contest

kaepamerica7
kaepamerica7 Posts: 85
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello everybody idk if this is where this topic would go but i'm putting it here anyways. How many players have passed this node in Amadeus's inferno? For those who haven't played it, said node is a survival node with 3 waves of hulks at level 300 something. First its icon_hulk.png then icon_shehulk.png then icon_redhulk.png all with 20,000 plus hit points. Without DP's whales idk how this is possible because lets say you make it past the first Hulk then you have She-Hulk draining your ap and hurting the team for massive damage. Then lets say you make it past her, there is Red Hulk with his gamma siphon draining all your green and generating some for himself so he can do hammer & anvil, hurting the team for massive damage. How I passed it was with 1* icon_blackwidow.png 150 icon_scarletwitch.png and 150 icon_deadpool.png DP I would stun hulk for 5 turns take a little off the top and gather purpletile.png. By the time i had him down I had 30 purpletile.png enough to do whales whales whales 2 times in a row unleashing all his whales. If anybody beat it with another team please share because I'm clueless to how that is possible.

Comments

• I didn't take into consideration people with a good 4* Roster mine is kinda weak
  • I used 3*Cap Marvel, 3* Cap Am and SWitch. Start by denying Hulk green/red, and letting SWitch generate purple. Once you have 14 purple, stun hulk, and then only use the stun skills when hulk becomes unstunned. should be more than enough time between the 3 different colored stun skills to keep all 3 hulks stunned through the whole match.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    3* Captain America makes this a breeze, particularly paired with another stun.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Advice I gave to low level friends was:

Use OBW, CStorm, MNMags.
    Gather/Deny Red & Purple.

Hulk is straight forward; match damage until you can stun him & unleash powers. Definitely want to deny Red during this round.

Shulk's threat is her Red, so hopefully you've been gathering it all up. Your team doesn't drop special tiles, so Shulk blue is useless, and Green is annoying, but manageable. Keep focus on Red and deny purple.

Rulk's threat is his Green, but only if he suddenly has 18 AP, so hopefully you've been denying Purple.

Fortunately the two colours that you want to deny feed the two powers you want MNMags to be casting add often as possible. He's there to accelerate Blue for CStorm so that you can drop a stun when you need it.

OBW should be in centre, to tank purple. Unfortunately, Mags will always tank Blue.
  • DanBenZvi
    DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
    New McG wrote:
    3* Captain America makes this a breeze, particularly paired with another stun.

Agreed (I used star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png , icon_scarletwitch.png and icon_hood.png on this one). Started by denying green and red until I got enough purple, hit icon_hulk.png with Reality Crush then built enough up enough blue to be able to use Peacemaker once icon_hulk.png got unstunned...

Between Reality Crush and Peacemaker, the Hulks got off about 5-6 moves combined. It was awesome. And in those moments when my timing would have been a little off, icon_hood.png helped by using Intimidation to shorten my countdown tiles and get my timing back in line. Add some Twin Pistols and Star-Spangled Avengers to season and node complete.
  • I think Switch is key. 5 turn stun that her blue self-accelerates (also green, but to a lesser extent). Taking on the Hulks one at a time means they are guaranteed to be stunned.
    With her I used Falcap to speed up her countdown tile and get more purple for stuns. I saved his yellow then red for the big quick finish. I held off because I wanted Falcap blue to work on countdown not buffing defence tiles
    I also used Iceman. Falcap matches blue to decrease countdown tiles, Iceman uses that blue for extra cheap stun option. My Iceman is a still a work in progress so he wasn't inflicting substantial damage.

I like the Switch/Falcap combo, the third spot really could've been filled by a few different guys, probably a big damage dealer because whilst fool-proof and a guaranteed win, this combo was a bit slow.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Switch, Kamala and Spider-Man did it easily.... Albeit slowly. But it was a fun challenge.

Once you start the blue and purple rolling and with webtiles out they didn't get a turn...

Though I recognise that cap would have been better to speed it all up lol
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Stun, stun and stun with Switch and 2* Storm + any good damage dealer you have who dont need blue and purple (and green to get even more AP with Storm), left colors are red, black, yellow -> Cyc, HT, Luke,CapAm, CapMarvel, I'd prefer Rags because he can do more blue with his red. Always do a finisher with a power, next one could not even land one punch, repeat, finish!
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    They can all be stunned fairly easily. Modern Black Widow, Captain America, CStorm, Scarlet Witch...sorry, but it's not that hard really.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Wanda's 5 purple made this node trivial to me as well. Its easy to gather enough purple and keep stunning the Hulks. She is self sufficient as well. I added Cyclop's red or black and sat on 14 purple when each Hulk was near death and killed them with Cyclops and immediately stunned the next one so they could not do any moves. Heck I am using Wanda again in the Hulk PvE vs the level 395 Hulk with the same results: free win.
  • OJSP wrote:
    timbopp wrote:
    I held off because I wanted Falcap blue to work on countdown not buffing defence tiles
    Why? When I used him, the ability does both at the same time with 3 blueflag.png ..

Wait what?... Oh my, you're right! I don't know why but I for some reason thought it was either buff or decrease timer and it randomly picked one. Oh man I could of used his yellow shields/ red dive bomb heaps more!
    Thanks.
  • Stun character is MUST for this node. I used Switch, Cyclop 3* and KK. My enemies level was around 220.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I did Lookalike with all 3 stars:
    DD 3/5/5 @166
    Lcap 4/4/5 @166 (since this morning's DDQ he's now finally 3/5/5, but I did the node with him as 4/4/5)
    Hood 5/5/3 @137 (since this morning's DDQ ISO he's now @140 but at the time, 137)

Getting a DD stun up was pretty trivial, and then I got a second one up (or possible it was a Cap stun) and I kept two stuns rotating, and if it looked like I might be off I hit Hood's Intimidate to speed one or both of the stun tokens up.
    After the first 1 or 2 turns, none of the hulks got a turn off. Mind you, it was not a FAST run but I had minimal damage on all three characters (i.e. not even worth a healthpack!)

The end board was 2 stuns, about 6 DD ambushes, and I think I'd even for good measure during a stun cycle thrown out lcaps shields for shizz and gigs.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I finally did it with Daredevil 5/5/3, She-Hulk 3/5/5, and Black Panther 5/3/5. Used DD's repeating stun to keep them from attacking, Shulk's green to keep from generating AP, and BP's yellow to flood the board with strike tiles. Wasn't too hard with that combination after getting wasted a few times with other teams.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2015
    Was fairly easy I thought with Prof x and gw. Perhaps I got lucky but by the time she sulk came around I had 20 purple. so sulk and red didn't actually have a turn.

Edit. They were 395
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    They were all 395 for me. I got used to lvl 395 hulks in the Hulk PVE long ago, I've done the board a few times, it is a fun test of mettle. The lowest team i've beaten it with is 2* Ms. Marvel, 2* Thor, 2* OBW. None of the hulks use black, so obw continuously stealing all their green , her blue keeping anger tiles from going off, and to heal.. and no special tiles for Shulk to steal..

Took about 20 minutes, but only took 1 try.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    A 3/5/2 LCap, CStorm (full cover and level) and OBW (full cover and level) made light work of this node and most of the ones for this event.

Thing I've learned about big Steve? He is a beast on PVE.

Use OBW to collect blue for steve to stun, throw some shields about while they are stunned and simultaneously use storm green (when no CD tiles on board of course) to collect more AP. Once you have 2 x star spangled and at least steve bluetile.png out then it gets easy pretty quickly.

Hood would also be a good fit for this team even an undercovered one like my 4/1/2
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    My standard team for survival nodes: icon_captainamerica.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_hood.png
    Gather blue, stun, fire everything you have, repeat.
    Hood's black used for speed up Captain's shield countdown.
    Kamala heals with every power used.

Finished with full life.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, and end each wave with a power. If you don't....ouch.
    I thought that would be key too but after the initial ap gathering, if you fielded hood and witch (or cstorm), even if they unstunned or started the next wave with a turn, they never had much ap to do anything with.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Based on advice from another thread in the events discussion, I got through this with 3* Cap/Hood/OBW. Stunning AND AP denial worked here, especially going into round two where She-hulk can smoke you if you're not playing smart. Cap with 5 cover red is best so you can target Anger or Seeing Red if need be, but if you're stunning first it's shouldn't be a big deal if you don't.

That team (and the Hood isn't fully leveled, tho he's fully covered) got me through the lvl 395 Hulks and the 5 wave Avengers node that followed with no problems.