Pve new stories and new villains.

2»

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    I do believe there's less interest in new villains - release events for new villains have less participation than release events for new heroes. It's a shame, because I would love to get more villains in the game too.

While I suspect this is a big reason, I also suspect it has to do with Marvel as well. There tends to be a fair about of cross promotion going on and they generally don't give villains their own books, so there's not much reason to promote villains in the game as oppose to Cho, X-23, or OLM who have books coming out. But it's not exclusive, so I hope they sneak some villains in there. 18 different Wolverines and not 1 Sabretooth is just wrong.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is a massive lack of villains in this game, Spidey alone has a huge variety of colourful and interesting villains but since we can't even get a proper spidey I don't see the point in having his villains. Here's a few I would like to see in the game:

Mandarin - good potential for alternate powers here with the 10 rings of power
    Mysterio
    Lizard - again good potential for alternate powers and qualifies as both a hero and a villain
    Kraven
    Baron Zemo
    Red Skull - how has this game existed for 2 years without him?
    Abomination - Classic hulk viallain but may be too similar to hulk
    Shuma Gorath - Why not introduce someone totally new and weird?
    Baron Mordo
    Winter Soldier - the brainwashed version
    Whiplash - could have some good fun with charged tiles with him
    Sandman
    Sabretooth
    Mr Sinister
    Sentinel

Those are just a couple off the top of my head..
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    There is a massive lack of villains in this game, Spidey alone has a huge variety of colourful and interesting villains but since we can't even get a proper spidey I don't see the point in having his villains. Here's a few I would like to see in the game:

Mandarin - good potential for alternate powers here with the 10 rings of power
    Mysterio
    Lizard - again good potential for alternate powers and qualifies as both a hero and a villain
    Kraven
    Baron Zemo
    Red Skull - how has this game existed for 2 years without him?
    Abomination - Classic hulk viallain but may be too similar to hulk
    Shuma Gorath - Why not introduce someone totally new and weird?
    Baron Mordo
    Winter Soldier - the brainwashed version
    Whiplash - could have some good fun with charged tiles with him
    Sandman
    Sabretooth
    Mr Sinister
    Sentinel

Those are just a couple off the top of my head..

Both Winter Soldier and Baron Zemo are in the Civil War movie, (Zemo isn't in the trailer tho), so we may see both of them by then (hopefully.)

And I've said this before, but any of Spidey's foes would be perfect to mix up those Dark Avengers PVE nodes. I can see how they might want to hold off Mandarin or Red Skull for the right event, but the "mid-card" of this game desperately needs new "heels".
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Heck, if they don't want to invent a whole new power set and balance it in the game, just bring in the Super-Adaptoid or the Skrulls (Secret Invasion versions) to randomly mimic an existing powerset each fight. All you need is new artwork.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Would be cool now that there is an actual power based on villains....and I'm sure every fan can name at least 10 villains they would love to see...so maybe after 3 more Wolverines and 4 more spidey?