Pve new stories and new villains.

Unknown
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Good afternoon people.

I know that many are queasy of playing pve because of the same old thing. To have new stories you need to have more villains.

Who would not want a history of pve with Spiderman facing a node with Venom, Green Goblin and Mysterio?

Who would not want a history of pve with the Fantastic Four facing a node with Abraxas, Molecule Man and Doctor Doom?

So I ask them to add more villains in the game. The game will be much more fun with new stories and different villains to face!

Comments

• Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you! Been saying this from the beginning. Bring on the bad guys! What is the point of duplicating hero's when they fight the same bad guys in the same senrio? Excelsior to you my friend!
  • I started playing this game 5 months ago. One of the first things I noticed was the imbalance of heros/villains. Since then it has gotten significantly worse because they've released nothing but heros for the past 6 months until Phoenix. Like 18 straight hero releases or something. We've seen our 4th Wolverine and still no Sabretooth for cryin out loud! In fact we only have *1* minor Wolverine villain at all in Daken. Wolverine has some really good villains like Lady Deathstrike for instance who is not only really strong in the comics but would fill the desperate need of female villains in this game.
    But the way its going i'd bet we see Baby Wolverine, Embryo Wolverine, Alien Wolverine and Jesus Wolverine before we see Sabretooth. It's infuriating.
  • Marine8394
    Absorbing Man? Gee that's a fit for all the Hulks. Red Skull? For all the Caps? Grey Gargoyle? Want the old timer to keep going? Vulcan? Here's one to look up for Spidey lovers. Stegron. icon_question.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I've been wanting the Sinister Six in this game forever. Would love to see new villains even if they're just lazy re-skins of existing power builds (ex: Juggs becomes Rhyno, or Moonstone become Mysterio, and so forth)

And I remember Vulcan and even Stegron (who was fantastic in that recent Spiderman & the X-Men mini series), but even I had to look up Abraxas, and I've been reading comics since the early 80's. Man, that's a deep cut. (he's from that unfortunately forgettable Carlos Pacheco run in 2001, which was a shame, because I dug his art.) MY vote for a FF villain would go to Psycho Man, Annihilus, or Fox Studios.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:
    MY vote for a FF villain would go to Fox Studios.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Marine8394 wrote:
    Absorbing Man? Gee that's a fit for all the Hulks. Red Skull? For all the Caps? Grey Gargoyle? Want the old timer to keep going? Vulcan? Here's one to look up for Spidey lovers. Stegron. icon_question.gif

Paste Pot Pete or bust.
  • Tatercat wrote:
    I've been wanting the Sinister Six in this game forever. Would love to see new villains even if they're just lazy re-skins of existing power builds (ex: Juggs becomes Rhyno, or Moonstone become Mysterio, and so forth)

And I remember Vulcan and even Stegron (who was fantastic in that recent Spiderman & the X-Men mini series), but even I had to look up Abraxas, and I've been reading comics since the early 80's. Man, that's a deep cut. (he's from that unfortunately forgettable Carlos Pacheco run in 2001, which was a shame, because I dug his art.) MY vote for a FF villain would go to Psycho Man, Annihilus, or Fox Studios.

Hood is also a forgotten villain and he's in the game. Remember that Abraxas is one of the strongest villains of Marvel need to help from Richards's boys and Reed suicide to defeat him.

I agree with the rest of your comment, especially the part of Fox.
  • Enslaved wrote:
    I started playing this game 5 months ago. One of the first things I noticed was the imbalance of heros/villains. Since then it has gotten significantly worse because they've released nothing but heros for the past 6 months until Phoenix. Like 18 straight hero releases or something. We've seen our 4th Wolverine and still no Sabretooth for cryin out loud! In fact we only have *1* minor Wolverine villain at all in Daken. Wolverine has some really good villains like Lady Deathstrike for instance who is not only really strong in the comics but would fill the desperate need of female villains in this game.
    But the way its going i'd bet we see Baby Wolverine, Embryo Wolverine, Alien Wolverine and Jesus Wolverine before we see Sabretooth. It's infuriating.

Is meaningless Wolverine without Sabretooth . Lady Deathstrike is also significant in the comics, Logan does not remember this affair. icon_lol.gif

Nevertheless I believe that there's no way to put more wolverines in the game, unless a new version of Daken and X-23.

It seems that new breeders do not know how to create villains. Some examples of villains:

1 Psychopath cold: JOKER. Batman is one of the few DC characters I like. He's too tough as the Punisher, but it only gained your fame because of its excellent villains and his genius.

2 Cruel killer: FREEZA. It is almost unanimously for fans of DBZ that the best was the saga of Freeza. His sadistic temperament gave birth to the legendary Super Saiyan Son Goku.

3 Torturer Serial Killer: JIGSAW. His psychological torture and their genial traps were people convicted for him revise his attitudes.
  • Marine8394
    Paste pot Pete. Nice. Was originally a villian to human torch when they did fantastic 4 outlay comics. Sun moon ago. Sabertooth would be nice. Did like it when he tore his own face off in the black cat spiderman spat after first secret wars. Still want more good vilians though. Did see a nice thought toward Nightcrawler today.
  • It's weird/frustrating that the recently released Ghost Rider has a power (Hellfire) that increases in strength if there are more villains on the enemy team when the MPQ character roster is so diluted of villains.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    timbopp wrote:
    It's weird/frustrating that the recently released Ghost Rider has a power (Hellfire) that increases in strength if there are more villains on the enemy team when the MPQ character roster is so diluted of villains.

But it is going to be AWESOME in PVE events against insanely high level Juggs and the other Dark Avengers. icon_rolleyes.gif

And for the record, I'm going to go ahead and call it now. For his 4* DDQ, he will be teamed up against a Hero.
  • Question: If they release Ghost Rider with a Hellfire power that is stronger against villain characters but then after continue to release hero after hero after hero thus lowering the odds of Ghost Rider actually facing a villain-heavy team (I'm thinking more pvp here)... Does that count as a nerf?
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    My vote for "underrated Spider-Man villain" goes to Mr. Negative. He's got some interesting abilities - including the power to turn people "negative", corrupting and brainwashing them, which would be cool to see translated into the game. One of his storylines during Dark Reign was a power struggle between him and the Hood - if we hadn't recently had a Hood-centric new PVE, it would've been a good one to carry over. In terms of obscurity, I'd say he's probably on the same level as Gorgon.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do believe there's less interest in new villains - release events for new villains have less participation than release events for new heroes. It's a shame, because I would love to get more villains in the game too.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Imagine a Hydra story with Red Skull or Baron Zemo (or, hold your breath... both) and alot of new standard goons, but thats only dreaming...

Anyway! Were is Enchantress to fight along Loki against Thor, Mandarin to go against Iron Man and some more Spidey arch enemies (Rhino, Sandman, Electro...)

Edit:
    Looked a bit of netflix Jessica Jones and Killgrave/Purple Man is really scaring like an evil version of Prof X.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    5* Apocalypse as a boss character

Think that will happen together with the movie like it happend with Ultron and will with Thanos.

P.S. Winter Soldier would be best buddy with Pun, first shoot then questions ;-D
  • Quebbster wrote:
    I do believe there's less interest in new villains - release events for new villains have less participation than release events for new heroes. It's a shame, because I would love to get more villains in the game too.

Really? I would think that a character's in-game power set and the pve they are released in would be the determining factors for participation. If a character is released with Invisible Woman or 3* Iron Man level powers in a 7 day Heroic then sure enough I'd expect some people to skip it. I can't imagine too many players ignoring a new character just because in the comics they are a villain.
  • Quebbster wrote:

Unfortunately it's true. People need to be aware that new pve battles and stories need more villains. If a whale, for example, spend only with heroes and it became fashionable there will be no villains in the game. In the current format, if I only play pvp would not maximize GR.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    timbopp wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Really? I would think that a character's in-game power set and the pve they are released in would be the determining factors for participation. If a character is released with Invisible Woman or 3* Iron Man level powers in a 7 day Heroic then sure enough I'd expect some people to skip it. I can't imagine too many players ignoring a new character just because in the comics they are a villain.
    Casual players may be more interested in the heroes than the villains.
  • CNash wrote:
    My vote for "underrated Spider-Man villain" goes to Mr. Negative. He's got some interesting abilities - including the power to turn people "negative", corrupting and brainwashing them, which would be cool to see translated into the game. One of his storylines during Dark Reign was a power struggle between him and the Hood - if we hadn't recently had a Hood-centric new PVE, it would've been a good one to carry over. In terms of obscurity, I'd say he's probably on the same level as Gorgon.

This ability of Mr. Negative, brainwashing, to fix like a glove in the game.