TAHulk & Hulk

Unknown
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm curious to know why you can't have Hulk and TAHulk in the same team?

they are 2 different people, they don't rely on a Hammer (like Thor & Thoress) so don't understand the reason why you couldn't have them both on the same team if you wanted to....

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought I'd read that you COULD have them on a team. Am I misremembering and it was Red Hulk who could team up with Hulk and Shulk?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    DFiPL wrote:
    I thought I'd read that you COULD have them on a team. Am I misremembering and it was Red Hulk who could team up with Hulk and Shulk?
    Correct, Red Hulk and Hulk are fine. Cho and Banner can't team up because in current canon, Banner isn't a going concern as Hulk while Cho is active. Much the same reason that Teen Jean can't team up with adult Jean.
  • If we're going with cannon then how come Spider-Man heals people?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cayasha wrote:
    If we're going with cannon then how come Spider-Man heals people?

Spider-Man has mended people's wounds with his webbing before - hence the temp healing (and not being a great/effective heal).
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Will this be amended in the future if the situation changes and they can both be Hulks at the same time?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cayasha wrote:

If we're going with canon,
    why does Luke Cage's unbreakable skin stick around after he's been KO'd? (Are the remaining characters picking up his unconscious body and using it as a shield?)
    why does Iron Fist's attack tile stick around after he's been KO'd?
    why is Captain America able to use Star-Spangled Avenger and Peacemaker at the same time? Both of them involve throwing his shield away and the cooldown expiring is him recovering it. Is he carrying two shields?
    why does Cho's Hot Dog Stand not heal for increments of 50HP? A Rank 1 HDS has 9.24 Hot Dogs in it, but I think I counted more than that in the animation.
  • I don't accept any comment against the hotdog stand cannon!

Although TAHulk may be underwhelming performance-wise that hotdog stand animation is currently the best thing in this game! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Cayasha wrote:

Are you old enough to remember "Spiderman & Friends"?

Also, spotted these at the store:

61s9p-PPVdL._SY355_.jpg

I too am irked by the Hulk exclusivity .... but am also not up to speed on the tangled canon webs.

Ice recently said it was a point of discussion.

Discussion over?

I'm not old enough to have watched the cartoon when it originally aired, but I have seen re-runs.

However, I do remember this scene from the recent Spiderverse crossover:
    The image was too big to post, so I had to post a link. Warning, it's fairly heartbreaking.

https://p.dreamwidth.org/5c8d70eeb6db/-/abload.de/img/amazingspider-man0072hvble.jpg

Speaking of which, that would be a pretty awesome premise for an event in MPQ, having to fight against Morlun and his creepy family. (If they ever decide to introduce Silk, Spider-Gwen, Spider-girl (MC2), Miles Morales, Superior Spiderman, or even Spiderman 2099 who is currently running around in the main 616 time period.)
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Mawtful wrote:
    Cayasha wrote:

why does Luke Cage's unbreakable skin stick around after he's been KO'd? (Are the remaining characters picking up his unconscious body and using it as a shield?)
    why does Iron Fist's attack tile stick around after he's been KO'd?
    why is Captain America able to use Star-Spangled Avenger and Peacemaker at the same time? Both of them involve throwing his shield away and the cooldown expiring is him recovering it. Is he carrying two shields?
    why does Cho's Hot Dog Stand not heal for increments of 50HP? A Rank 1 HDS has 9.24 Hot Dogs in it, but I think I counted more than that in the animation.

I just had a mental image of this, and it was great.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:

All the cool kids are doing it.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Correct, Red Hulk and Hulk are fine. Cho and Banner can't team up because in current canon, Banner isn't a going concern as Hulk while Cho is active. Much the same reason that Teen Jean can't team up with adult Jean.
    I'm not understanding this.

Does Bruce Banner not exist in the same Universe as Amadeus Cho? Is this a "what if" storyline, where he gets the power instead of Banner? If he does exist... why can't they team up?

I tried googling it, but maybe it's too new of a storyline to have any info.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

I'm calling shenanigans.

In current lore Wolverine is dead. So he shouldn't be able to team up with Cho or Thoress. Original Black Widow retired long before many of the current characters came into existence. Hulk cured Rulk prior to Cho so is Rulk also off the board? The male Thors are all one armed Odinsons during Cho's run so are they also out? Venom hasn't been a villain since well before Spider Island so the time displaced Xkids and newer characters can't play nice with him.

Scarlet witch and vision were both out of commission while Wolvie ran Xforce. Old Man Logan is practically not canon with anything. Dark Phoenix died before a chunk of our cast existed. Bag man existed for one episode once and can barely be called a going concern.

I think it's time to resort to 'because we said so', because comic canon is not helping.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    This is shoddy work, Chulk / hulk / she hulk / Rulk are totally different people.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, 4* Thor being incompatible with other Thors I can accept because of Mjolnir, but there's no reason we shouldn't be able to field both green, male Hulks at once. As others have said above, there are a whole lot of non-canonical pairings we can't do.

3* Hulk and 4* Hulk together isn't even a particularly good team, it just doesn't make sense to lock it out.

Two Jean Greys being disallowed I can handle better (even though the comics have allowed All-New X-Men to fight alongside their present-day selves) because they're still both Jean Grey -- it might be more confusing to allow that team as it would be to block it, particularly for players who haven't read those specific comics.
  • As I understand Hulk and ChoHulk live in different realities. If Hulk exist, there is no ChoHulk and vice versa.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    vinicius18 wrote:
    As I understand Hulk and ChoHulk live in different realities. If Hulk exist, there is no ChoHulk and vice versa.
    This is my question. If in one reality Banner is Hulk and Cho isn't... and then in other reality Cho is Hulk and Banner never was... then ok, I can buy that. But if they both ever existed in the same reality, then they should be able to be on the same team.
  • JVReal wrote:
    vinicius18 wrote:
    As I understand Hulk and ChoHulk live in different realities. If Hulk exist, there is no ChoHulk and vice versa.
    This is my question. If in one reality Banner is Hulk and Cho isn't... and then in other reality Cho is Hulk and Banner never was... then ok, I can buy that. But if they both ever existed in the same reality, then they should be able to be on the same team.

Exact it!
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I haven't read new comic yet but from spoilers I saw month ago they said banner couldn't become hulk anymore and cho was taking on the mantle of hulk,but banner would still appear in the stories.so maybe banner cures himself and transfers all gamma to cho or something like that then if story doesn't earn much they could revert to original banner hulk
  • Razamataz wrote:
    I haven't read new comic yet but from spoilers I saw month ago they said banner couldn't become hulk anymore and cho was taking on the mantle of hulk,but banner would still appear in the stories.so maybe banner cures himself and transfers all gamma to cho or something like that then if story doesn't earn much they could revert to original banner hulk

So it's the same logic as Mjörnir. There is only enough gamma to turn a person, Cho or Banner.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    vinicius18 wrote:
    No it's not a question of realities.

Hulk used extremis tech to save his life and become extra smart after Betty Ross had Bruce Banner shot in the head with an adamantium bullet. This made hulk super smart, and he realised that with extremis he could become a threat to the entire world. So he created a cure for the gamma induced Hulk effect and cured abomination, Red She Hulk and Rulk. He gave She Hulk the cure to use on him should he become a threat. By not upgrading his extremis tech he was slowly becoming dumber as his body absorbed it so it may only have been a matter of time.

Meanwhile he was in a war with a rogue AI he created called Gannon. (Seriously, there should be an Ultron rule forbidding super scientists from playing with AI, Doom's about the only one who cn build a functional robot).

Then Battleworld happened and every storyline lurched forward 8 months. In flashbacks Hulk was apparently killed in a nuclear plant meltdown and this may have somehow released the Gamma radiation into Cho. Thats all we know, just like a bad season of Lost we need more flashbacks to realise that still nobody understands what is going on.