MPQ At Marvel.com: Totally Awesome Hulk Incoming!

2»

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    slidecage wrote:
    SO this is a 7 day eent
    The normal Hulk (gamma bomb and such) event is 7 days, time shards like usual. The Totally Awesome Hulk (save Mountfort's souls)event is a 21 day, Ant-Man style pure non-competitive PVE.
  • IceIX wrote:
    The Totally Awesome Hulk (save Mountfort's souls)event is a 21 day, Ant-Man style pure non-competitive PVE.
    Niiiiiiiiiiice. Thank you.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Either way, producer/developer, they should all know the game. It's possible this was just a typo, I suppose.
    Not a typo, I did say that. I don't have prepared statements for these, so it's all off the cuff (if a bit formulaic). So when asked about who pairs, I thought about low AP cost, then thought "Hey, it'd work if that were even lower! Star-Lord!" without thinking about the lack of Black thing. /shrug Still applies to Math anyway.

It does seem odd that a healing ability is black. As far as I can remember healing abilities are only yellow or red (X-23) and I don't really think of healing when I think of black abilities. What's the design logic behind this?

Edit: forgot about Daken's black heal but his is tied to a "drug" addiction and can damage him so that one makes sense.

The best way to think of Black abilities is "win at any cost", they almost all have some kind of drawback - the ones that don't really shouldn't be Black abilities. That said, I think Cho's Hot Dog Stand is fine as Black. After Daken, the only other Black "healing" ability, currently, is 3* Deadpool's Mutant Pincushion (or whatever it's called).

Yellow tends towards "teamwork", so this is where most healing abilities end up (Spider-Man, Beast, Kamala). I actually think Wolverine/X-23 regeneration is really more of a Green ability, but that would mean they don't have Green actives - although Patch's Green should be Black anyway, but now I'm about to launch into another rant on how the devs are lacking some core understanding of game design.

Moving on, I think of Blue abilities as "mysterious" - both Mystical and Scientific. Silver Surfer's Perfect Being and OBW's Anti Gravity Device both fall into this category.

There are a lot of ways that healing can be done, so I don't think it should be delegated to only one or two colours. I do think that a lot of the healing in the game needs to be readdressed.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    SO this is a 7 day eent
    The normal Hulk (gamma bomb and such) event is 7 days, time shards like usual. The Totally Awesome Hulk (save Mountfort's souls)event is a 21 day, Ant-Man style pure non-competitive PVE.

Why 21 days? Sounds like an odd amount of time to complete. Can we expect it to be longer than Ant-Man's? Ant-Man could be completed in 1 day.

Edit: Nevermind. The event likely ends on New Years Day. I hope we don't have to bring our own champagne icon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    SO this is a 7 day eent

Single player or Team based

if this is single player real lame Tons of people are not going to get the cover. and it will be needed for the next PVE.. meaning if you cant beat the antman event your not going to be able to beat this
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    SO this is a 7 day eent

I tried to upvote this a billion times but only one of them worked. Please take the other 999,999,999 as read.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    slidecage wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    SO this is a 7 day eent

Single player or Team based

if this is single player real lame Tons of people are not going to get the cover. and it will be needed for the next PVE.. meaning if you cant beat the antman event your not going to be able to beat this

I'm sure the game developers have made a calculation on the % of playerbase that will clear the event. So yes, not everyone is meant to get Chulk. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    SO this is a 7 day eent
    Huh. I might actually be able to play that when I get my phone back then. Nice.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    SO this is a 7 day eent

I keep thinking this is a throwaway joke, but everybody is taking it serious, the Wild IceIX has DISappeared, and I'm very confused. icon_e_smile.gif
  • It may be a 21 day event but I'm only going to have 2 days to complete it before I have to recruit my awaiting 5* Jean and my scaling is ruined icon_lol.gificon_eek.gif

Great to hear we get another non-competitive eventthough, music to my ears
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    bobbyfish wrote:
    It may be a 21 day event but I'm only going to have 2 days to complete it before I have to recruit my awaiting 5* Jean and my scaling is ruined icon_lol.gificon_eek.gif

Your roster should have no problems continuing to complete events after recruiting a 5*.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    Either way, producer/developer, they should all know the game. It's possible this was just a typo, I suppose.
    Not a typo, I did say that. I don't have prepared statements for these, so it's all off the cuff (if a bit formulaic). So when asked about who pairs, I thought about low AP cost, then thought "Hey, it'd work if that were even lower! Star-Lord!" without thinking about the lack of Black thing. /shrug Still applies to Math anyway.

WHOA. IceIX and Joe Fletcher are one and the same?!?!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    pretty sure I just heard someone say...'D'oh!!'
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boommike wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

WHOA. IceIX and Joe Fletcher are one and the same?!?!
    Now that you mention it, I have never seen the two in the same room at the same time... Much as I haven't seen Superman and Clark Kent in the same room at the same time...
  • bobbyfish wrote:
    It may be a 21 day event but I'm only going to have 2 days to complete it before I have to recruit my awaiting 5* Jean and my scaling is ruined icon_lol.gificon_eek.gif

Your roster should have no problems continuing to complete events after recruiting a 5*.

Thanks for the tip, I'm still waiting the full 2 weeks just to get the most out of Shield Sim etc just in case. I guess for buffed events my top 3*s would overtake her anyway

EDIT: never mind, I thought this event was after Hulk, already done icon_e_smile.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y'know, I wouldn't mind seeing future 4* releases follow the path of Amadeus here. One cover earnable in a non-competitive way and then the PVE followup that has the character as a placement reward. Give EVERYBODY a chance to get at least one cover and let the chips fall where they may for the others.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    Y'know, I wouldn't mind seeing future 4* releases follow the path of Amadeus here. One cover earnable in a non-competitive way and then the PVE followup that has the character as a placement reward. Give EVERYBODY a chance to get at least one cover and let the chips fall where they may for the others.

Agreed, I'd love to see this become the model moving-forward -- if not for ALL 4*s, then perhaps for a more frequent amount of them which have ties to a recent Marvel promotional push and were released to coincide (eg. Jane Foster, Kamala Khan, Squirrel Girl)

At the very least, you'll likely sell more roster slots up front. (CASE IN POINT: Like myself, who bought HP for a roster spot yesterday under the anticipation/expectation of slotting Amadeus Cho into my roster right away. And I did! Thanks!)
  • DFiPL wrote:

Agreed, I'd love to see this become the model moving-forward -- if not for ALL 4*s, then perhaps for a more frequent amount of them which have ties to a recent Marvel promotional push and were released to coincide (eg. Jane Foster, Kamala Khan, Squirrel Girl)

At the very least, you'll likely sell more roster slots up front. (CASE IN POINT: Like myself, who bought HP for a roster spot yesterday under the anticipation/expectation of slotting Amadeus Cho into my roster right away. And I did! Thanks!)

Another agreement from me as well. If every one is too much, maybe if they keep the 2 4*s a month pattern going, have one be like this and another be the typical way.

Or maybe have one of these a month for a previous 4* if they don't want to do it for new releases all the time.