MPQ At Marvel.com: Totally Awesome Hulk Incoming!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ fans,

It's time to uncover explosive details for Totally Awesome Hulk's arrival in Marvel Puzzle Quest today!

Leap over to Marvel.com right away for the exciting Amadeus Cho reveal in a talk with MPQ producer, Joe Fletcher. (Totally) awesome preview screenshots & power peeks are available for investigation.

You can READ IT HERE.

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: TOTALLY AWESOME HULK
Quote:
"Marvel.com: How difficult was it designing Amadeus’ abilities when he’s not even out in the comics yet? From what I can remember, this is one of the first times “Puzzle Quest” has released a character in game almost simultaneously with his release in the comics.

Joe Fletcher: The closest we’ve come there was with the release of Thor (Goddess of Thunder), AKA Jane Foster. She actually came around right at about the same time as her first comic, but she was being purposefully left mysterious, so it’s a bit of a different situation. Here we had no such issues with Amadeus really showing his stuff right out the gate. Cho is also a bit more of a 'known' character, with the major changes being what he brings to the table as Hulk as opposed to having a completely new power set with Jane."

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love that the new PVE will follow up on the lastest new storyline.

His mechanics also sound really interesting. Sounds like he'll help with some 4* tier cascades. Him and Iceman could bring back another Environment AP ability, Cold Snap.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Agreed; he sounds interesting and self-sustainable, able to add a lot of utility to any group or stand on his own.

And, I love that he's getting his own event.

AND, THIS!!!!!! --

565dd4aab2e7b.jpg

ONE MILLION LIKES.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since the interview says that we can use starlord to reduce the hot dog stand cost to 3AP does that mean that starlord yellow is getting a buff to reduce the cost of black abilities or do the devs not know the game?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quote from article:
    ... he naturally pairs with Star-Lord

I feel like this is said about every single newly released character! Stop trying to shove SL down our throats, we don't like him icon_lol.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Well that explains why we had a rather anti-climactic ending to the Hearts of Darkness PvE, they wanted to leave it open for the next character.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    That's totally fail eating though. It's more like, a hot dog shower.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    hmmm... does this mean we can't have banner & cho on the same team? If so, that makes me sad. icon_cry.gif
  • puppychow wrote:
    hmmm... does this mean we can't have banner & cho on the same team? If so, that makes me sad. icon_cry.gif

They stated previously Banner and Cho can't be on the same team because they are both named "The Hulk" in-game. Can only have 1 "The Hulk" per team. I know, makes me sad too icon_cry.gif
  • Talus9952 wrote:

Did someone say hot dog shower?
    QgJUL.gif
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Talus9952 wrote:

Did someone say hot dog shower?
    QgJUL.gif

"Hot dog shower" seems like a potentially dangerous Google search
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since the interview says that we can use starlord to reduce the hot dog stand cost to 3AP does that mean that starlord yellow is getting a buff to reduce the cost of black abilities or do the devs not know the game?

Ha. The devs don't know the game. In particular, Joe Fletcher, who's giving this interview, has made some similarly wrong statements about the game in previous interviews.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:

Ha. The devs don't know the game. In particular, Joe Fletcher, who's giving this interview, has made some similarly wrong statements about the game in previous interviews.

Fletcher's not a developer.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:

Fletcher's not a developer.

He's a producer/developer, isn't he?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards

Producer. Works for D3 Go! Developers would work for Demiurge.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    lukewin wrote:

Producer. Works for D3 Go! Developers would work for Demiurge.

Ok. He's been referenced as a developer in lots of interviews and things. Did he change companies?

Either way, producer/developer, they should all know the game. It's possible this was just a typo, I suppose.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Either way, producer/developer, they should all know the game. It's possible this was just a typo, I suppose.
    Not a typo, I did say that. I don't have prepared statements for these, so it's all off the cuff (if a bit formulaic). So when asked about who pairs, I thought about low AP cost, then thought "Hey, it'd work if that were even lower! Star-Lord!" without thinking about the lack of Black thing. /shrug Still applies to Math anyway.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Not a typo, I did say that. I don't have prepared statements for these, so it's all off the cuff (if a bit formulaic). So when asked about who pairs, I thought about low AP cost, then thought "Hey, it'd work if that were even lower! Star-Lord!" without thinking about the lack of Black thing. /shrug Still applies to Math anyway.

It does seem odd that a healing ability is black. As far as I can remember healing abilities are only yellow or red (X-23) and I don't really think of healing when I think of black abilities. What's the design logic behind this?

Edit: forgot about Daken's black heal but his is tied to a "drug" addiction and can damage him so that one makes sense.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    It does seem odd that a healing ability is black. As far as I can remember healing abilities are only yellow or red (X-23) and I don't really think of healing when I think of black abilities. What's the design logic behind this?

Edit: forgot about Daken's black heal but his is tied to a "drug" addiction and can damage him so that one makes sense.
    In this case, it's because it does somewhat of the same thing as Banner's Anger (fills the board with Green) but instead operates off of ravenous hunger instead (filling the board with Blue).
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    SO this is a 7 day eent
  • It does seem odd that a healing ability is black. As far as I can remember healing abilities are only yellow or red (X-23) and I don't really think of healing when I think of black abilities. What's the design logic behind this?

Blue's also got some healing. Black widow's anti grav and Ragnarok's Lightning Rod. There's also Silver Surfer's self heal/stun immunity.