Mean Teen Jean vs Moonstone in the DDQ - how did you do?

Options
1235»

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have Jean at 4/2/3, level 180. Won on my third try boosting all damage and +50% green damage. Saved purple until I had green ready, but by the time that happened the purple/green combo finished her off. Denying red was clutch. Ended up with a sixth Kingpin purple cover. ;(
  • metabelian
    Options
    2/2/4 166- Lost first time unboosted, second time boosted 2green 2purple 100% match damage and won with ~500 health left. Pretty sure I won't win any more until the heroes reset.
  • apexpredator85
    apexpredator85 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3-0-3 for my Tean Jean. Beat after about 4 tries. Came to read the way others were approaching it and helped alot. Boosted Ap for G/B and B/P. 100% boost for match damage. Denied red first and pink second. She finished with 28 black. Thanks to all who post strategies. Haven't beaten Clash of Titans in a loooooong while
  • lvl 201, 4/4/4 Teen Jean here. Got it on my 1st try. Damage boosted All Colours, Green/Black, and Purple/Blue.

The name of the game is deny deny deny. Made sure she got as little red as possible (she only had 3 due to match-4's when she went down), waited til I had enough for both her active skills and used green. She used her black after that, which in response got hit with my purple skill.

Best of luck to those still trying icon_e_smile.gif
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    took about 19 tries, 8000HP to boost from 1/2/2 to 2/2/4 and about 50k ISO to go from 111 to 150 (and all the +damage boosts). Finally came down to a couple hail mary last turn match 5s (she had just got to 12 red) that burned down her remaining 4k health.

No matter what I did, every time she'd find a way to get enough black and red to steal my attack tiles and squash me. Down to 3 health packs left and I was ready to throw my phone across the room.

And for all that I get my second Captain Falcon, a yellow. Yay.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    took numerous tries with my 2-1-4 lvl 152 jean

usually she either killed me with her red or used her purple when I had no special tile on the board.

I got a early green cascade to cast green. then I got lucky since when she got off her red there were only 2 red tiles on the board.

She fired off purple twice but both times without dmg since I had a special tile in place. the one time she did the tile steal I could counter immediately with purple.

Finished her off with my purple one round before she would have launched another photon blast at me icon_e_smile.gif

got blueflag.pngicon_iceman.png for my troubles...he's now at 1-1-1 so I probably won't even bother with him when he comes around for DDQ
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thing to remember is that purple or pink is her strongest colour. Which means a) she will preferably match it and b) in a match 5 situation she will lose some of it if you have blue covers.

Early on this means you can take a match 3 green if there is a match 3 red and purple on the board because she will defer to purple.

Don't sit on 12+ green. The extra damage from strike/attack tiles is not to be ignored, nor is the damage reduction from shield tiles. If you fire a green ability and spend the rest of the game simply denying red/black you should win handily from that additional damage. You also significantly shorten the match which means less chance of the red cascade of doom.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5/3/5 JG @260 here. Beat it on my first try. Saved up for 1 green and 2 purple powers. I got helped when she matched 5 with yellow 2x in the match, but still ate a red power
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    Level 213 4/1/5. First try.

Nearly forgot to check with the PVE and PVP ending an hour apart. Boosted pink, green, all colors. Fired green off asap, and was able to fire off two pink's before the end.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    240 jean 5/3/5. lost first try (so. much. red.). second went pretty smoothly.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/2/3, 209. Won 1st try, started with about 7k health (was using her for pve a bunch), finished with about 500 left and Moonstone's red charged.

Prioritized Purple/Red/Green in that order. Got hit by gravity warp once but otherwise just match damage. She had about 25 black by the end because she had nothing to use it on. Unloaded all powers at once at the end.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Didn't even both to try with my 1 1 2.
    The fact that some in this thread with Level 180+ Jean's didn't do it first try definitely tells where D3 wants the difficulty of these to be = very very hard.