Mean Teen Jean vs Moonstone in the DDQ - how did you do?

Options

Comments

• SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is it too much to hope that it would be Professor X? Since Jean is basically intended to be his counter. You'd be able to hit him with abilities through the invis, and stun him if he got a 5-match.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SirLanik wrote:
    Is it too much to hope that it would be Professor X? Since Jean is basically intended to be his counter. You'd be able to hit him with abilities through the invis, and stun him if he got a 5-match.

Since the only way even a maxed Prof X would have to win against even a low-level Jean is to get really lucky with match-5's, because his only active power doesn't protect him from her and with the removal of AI TU's he has no way to trigger his yellow, I think the odds of him being her opponent are pretty much 0.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd be good with a low-key match like that.
    If they make her lv270 5/5/5, it'll be anything but low-key...
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As long as it's not a 5* it shouldn't even matter. Jean is one of the best 4* and ai match 5 with her stun should help. Bad boards aside. Should be one a lot more can complete.

Collect green and purple and fire.
  • nwman
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    ^As someone who sees the future it doesn't matter Cmarv was set long before that thread existed. Jean's opponent was set long before this thread came to be. Sure demiurge could randomly change things last minute but since at least Ant-Man (When I stumbled upon my crystal ball) they haven't and I don't forsee them suddenly doing it now.

So you don't remember galactus and all th changes last minute already ?
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    ^As someone who sees the future it doesn't matter Cmarv was set long before that thread existed. Jean's opponent was set long before this thread came to be. Sure demiurge could randomly change things last minute but since at least Ant-Man (When I stumbled upon my crystal ball) they haven't and I don't forsee them suddenly doing it now.

Well if that is the case, then it might be better that you rub your crystal ball(s?) icon_e_biggrin.gif and tell us who the matchup will be so that speculation can be put to rest and an actual strategy (if any) discussion started.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nwman wrote:
    Jean is one of the best 4*
    That's because she has good AoE abilities. People seem to forget that 1-on-1, these abilities are weak and costly. If we're just talking 1-on-1, sorry, she's pretty ****, especially when her green tiles are going to get turned against her.
  • danae wrote:
    FierceKiwi wrote:

Well if that is the case, then it might be better that you rub your crystal ball(s?) icon_e_biggrin.gif and tell us who the matchup will be so that speculation can be put to rest and an actual strategy (if any) discussion started.

Pretty sure his crystal ball said moonstone..
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nwman wrote:
    So you don't remember galactus and all th changes last minute already ?

Well I did say since the Ant-man ddq that was after Galactus. But I should be more clear they haven't changed a ddq opponent. Simon or the other skrulls can attest to my accuracy in predicting them long in advance.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    danae wrote:
    If we wanted to have an easier time in 4* DDQ, people shouldn't be discussing possible opponents. I'm not exactly impressed with D3's gauge of their own characters and if we kept quiet about these matchups they might just give us Moonstone as the one to face. :p

Think about it, though, was Captain Marvel really their idea for the opponent for FalCap or was it because of the the thread like this for him? Remember the Galactus thread before it was actually run which saw drastic changes on how the event was originally meant to be due to the strategies that people were coming up with even before the event started? Well, these threads are somewhat like that but in a smaller scale.

Just something to consider.
    Think about it: Doesn't it make sense anyway to pick the shield-destroying character to face the shield-making character? I don't think the thread had anything to do with it, it was an obvious matchup. Especially considering the number of people going "oh man, hope it's not Captain Marvel"... They realized it made sense.
  • I say it'll be Rulk with The Thing - It's Clobberin' Time! TU
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    danae wrote:
    If we wanted to have an easier time in 4* DDQ, people shouldn't be discussing possible opponents. I'm not exactly impressed with D3's gauge of their own characters and if we kept quiet about these matchups they might just give us Moonstone as the one to face. :p

Think about it, though, was Captain Marvel really their idea for the opponent for FalCap or was it because of the the thread like this for him? Remember the Galactus thread before it was actually run which saw drastic changes on how the event was originally meant to be due to the strategies that people were coming up with even before the event started? Well, these threads are somewhat like that but in a smaller scale.

Just something to consider.
    Think about it: Doesn't it make sense anyway to pick the shield-destroying character to face the shield-making character? I don't think the thread had anything to do with it, it was an obvious matchup. Especially considering the number of people going "oh man, hope it's not Captain Marvel"... They realized it made sense.

Sense and D3 doesn't necessarily go together. Galactus was a case in point and there have been so many other things they have done which make the general playerbase scratch their head that I would never assume they know what's obvious.
  • nwman
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    nwman wrote:
    Jean is one of the best 4*
    That's because she has good AoE abilities. People seem to forget that 1-on-1, these abilities are weak and costly. If we're just talking 1-on-1, sorry, she's pretty ****, especially when her green tiles are going to get turned against her.

She's no imhb 1 v 1 but shes not ****.

Thing or xpdf with completely useless passives are worse imo

Blue with stun should help and green creates 4 special tiles. Save purple if it's someone that can flip them.

Dry green purple boards will be bad but should be very do able w a couple tries.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nwman wrote:
    She's no imhb 1 v 1 but shes not ****.

Thing or xpdf with completely useless passives are worse imo

Blue with stun should help and green creates 4 special tiles. Save purple if it's someone that can flip them.

Dry green purple boards will be bad but should be very do able w a couple tries.

Assuming ideally covered, Thing's red does more damage with stun for the same cost. His green does more damage with board shake for the same ap cost. Her passive is better, but the opponent still has the benefit of the damage and ap from the match 5. Thing has more health as well.

Same with xdp. For 3 more ap, his red does heavy damage and heals him, his cheap purple may do more or less damage depending on the board while denying the opponent's strongest colour when the countdowns resolve.

Jean is an excellent team player, but 1 on 1 she loses to both of them.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like Rulk would be a good opponent. Shares both active colors, and his monstrous health pool means you'd have to save up 20+ AP in both green and purple if you don't want to eat a ton of his passive.

Edit: Oh, and he's also in ur AP poolz steelin ur greenz
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    I'm going to "guess" it'll be a character with a cheap ability that makes purple matches contentious, and an ability that can steal any tiles you get via Green.

I'd be good with a low-key match like that.

Heh, I thought you meant Loki. Now I see otherwise.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I feel like Rulk would be a good opponent
    Rulk good opponent, but it's Moonstone 100% icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to admit I didn't expect to see Moonstone. Not complaining though.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    First time with 2/1/2 lv 111, wasn't expecting that! Full colour boost, +2 of every colour. Finished with most of my health intact. I think they key was getting a quick green off so moonstone's warp did no damage. Then denied red

Mr Fantastic Blue as a prize, now 2/0/2
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 242 Tile Toppler
    Options
    At 1/1/1 level 78, I probably shouldn't have even have tried. At least I lost by match damage though icon_lol.gif