Dev please tell us how HEART OF DARKNESS will run

Skorche
Skorche Posts: 47
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just wondering if this is going to be a competitive PVE or if its going to be like the gauntlent or an alliance event? Or do we sign up for the brackets on Wednesday? Have they given an indication of how long the event is going to run?

Just wondering how much I have to pay attention to the game on Thanksgiving since I probably wont have an opportunity to until that evening.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 day competitive PvE.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Skorche wrote:
    Just wondering if this is going to be a competitive PVE or if its going to be like the gauntlent or an alliance event? Or do we sign up for the brackets on Wednesday? Have they given an indication of how long the event is going to run?

Just wondering how much I have to pay attention to the game on Thanksgiving since I probably wont have an opportunity to until that evening.

Well, you're in luck. First slice kicks in 54hrs, 6am ET. The rest staggered throughout the day. Slice 2 late morning, slice 3 early afternoon, slice 4 evening, and 5 laaaate at night (Eastern time, anyway). Even on the West Coast you'll be fine. Might be cutting it close on Hawaii, depending on your definition of "evening".
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skorche wrote:

Well, you're in luck. First slice kicks in 54hrs, 6am ET. The rest staggered throughout the day. Slice 2 late morning, slice 3 early afternoon, slice 4 evening, and 5 laaaate at night (Eastern time, anyway). Even on the West Coast you'll be fine. Might be cutting it close on Hawaii, depending on your definition of "evening".

think slice 1 starts at 7am est not 6am.

if they keep up it was like
    7am
    noon
    5pm
    11pm
    3am

all times est.. What is throwing a lot is there is no JOIN SLICES

ALSO would love for ICE or someone to come in and confirm what time are we looking at is this going to be

24 48 24
    24 24 24 24
    48 48
    24 24 48

before people pick time slices
  • slidecage
    you said its going to be an 4 day event but how will it run?

Will it all be 24 hour nodes
    24 48 24
    48 48
    48 24 24

ect ect ect.... Please release this info before the event starts so people know what slice to join... Also will it show the time slices after slice 1 stars cause there is still no time frames to enter
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    ******top serect*******
    Hearts of Darkness

Deleted

If u read it they would have to kill you!

Darknes21
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    We've brought it into a 3.8 day (first time shard start to last time shard end) run, so really, 3 days for an even 24/24/24 instead of a doubled mid sub. Other than that, it runs just the same as any other standard story event.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    If your characters die in Heart of Darkness they are deleted from your roster.

We found that players ENJOY earning characters but DETEST the rising cost of cover slots. In this way, players will get to earn their characters again - something they enjoy - and won't have to buy more slots because most of their characters will be dead.

Looking forward to applying the Heart of Darkness mechanic to all previous events throughout the next year.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Mawtful wrote:

We found that players ENJOY earning characters but DETEST the rising cost of cover slots. In this way, players will get to earn their characters again - something they enjoy - and won't have to buy more slots because most of their characters will be dead.

Looking forward to applying the Heart of Darkness mechanic to all previous events throughout the next year.
    This is not the Iron Man you're looking for.
  • slidecage
    IceIX wrote:
    We've brought it into a 3.8 day (first time shard start to last time shard end) run, so really, 3 days for an even 24/24/24 instead of a doubled mid sub. Other than that, it runs just the same as any other standard story event.

thanks for the info... just didnt want to pick a wrong slot if there was a 48 hour one.. ouch now its even going to be a harder pick

7am blah awful works start and can get a few wacks in before eating but cant grind cause of shoping

noon... could try to put a few wacks in before shopping be few hours behind rd 2

5pm... out due to shopping stupid sales icon_e_smile.gif

11pm and 3am too late on a sunday..

so guess its a noon slice
  • slidecage wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

thanks for the info... just didnt want to pick a wrong slot if there was a 48 hour one.. ouch now its even going to be a harder pick

7am blah awful works start and can get a few wacks in before eating but cant grind cause of shoping

noon... could try to put a few wacks in before shopping be few hours behind rd 2

5pm... out due to shopping stupid sales icon_e_smile.gif

11pm and 3am too late on a sunday..

so guess its a noon slice

I ALWAYS pick the noon slice for PVE. Its the only slice where I actually have a good placement at the end
  • damn, Saturday grind? that puts me out of T10 then...wish they'd stop releasing characters on weekends! 24/48/24 would have been perfect!

Could take the gamble of joining late...
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    how does that extra .8 of a day work? and exactly how many hours is it?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAC169 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    how does that extra .8 of a day work? and exactly how many hours is it?
    He's counting from the start of the first slice to the end of the last slice, so the 0.8 day is just the time difference between slices 1 and 5.
  • Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    Any word on who the essentials will be?
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Rob13 wrote:
    If I remember, they would be Original Black Widow, Daredevil, and X-Force Wolverine. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Quebbster
    Berserk Al wrote:
    Rob13 wrote:
    If I remember, they would be Original Black Widow, Daredevil, and X-Force Wolverine. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    That's my recollection as well.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Given the lack of time slices, I assume this is a TEAM event with alliance member lock ins, a la Ultron pve. And if you look at the illustration, event requires punisher, daredevil, and wolverine (which version? my money is on xfw).
  • Quebbster
    puppychow wrote:
    Given the lack of time slices, I assume this is a TEAM event with alliance member lock ins, a la Ultron pve. And if you look at the illustration, event requires punisher, daredevil, and wolverine (which version? my money is on xfw).
    There are time slices, they just aren't showing until preregistration opens. It's a standard individual PvE.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:

Don't give them any ideas.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    The event involves Punisher, DD & Wolverine... but if they stand by using the rewards from the previous PVE (Oscorp), then it's OBW, DD, XFW.

I've not yet seen a dev confirm the essentials... but I'm still reading the new posts this morning.
This discussion has been closed.