Patch Notes - R89 (12/01/15)

2»

Comments

• rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    evade420 wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    evade420 wrote:
    Any word on when a fix for 5* characters messing with scaling will be coming. I can hardly play the game at this point and am seriously considering selling off my silver surfer. In fact I would have sold him except that a I herd a fix was incoming so I decided to hold off for that

There's been no official word on it as anything but "eventually". And "Not in the current round of patches." So at least 2 or 3 patches away.

They described a new feature as:

"Maybe by the end of the year, but it might get pushed back because holiday time and junk"

And I think the scaling fix would come at the same time as or after that.

So, I'd say you should plan around February I guess. Which is just an estimate, but ask yourself, do you want 2-3 months of this hard-butt scaling for one cover?

Blah! That sucks. I just know that once I sell it my next legendary token will have another cover in it. But I think I'll have to ditch him, I'm not making any progression like this

If you're in the same situation I'm in, 5* is a level of progression I'm not ready for. I have an (almost) fully covered 3*roster, at the 120-140 level, and am progressing into the 4*s, (although they're only useful boosted in PVE). I open every legendary token saying "Please not purple". Of course, I eventually drew a surfer. after waiting 2 weeks to roster, it took about 2 days to sell him. Afterwards, I look at it like this: "It's like I drew a useless 4* that gave me double iso." So Yay! game is still fun, scaling is managable, and eventually I'll be ready for him when I draw him later.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    They need a bench... a Stronghold where you can bench characters to take them out of your roster temporarily, until you want to use them. This would allow those with premature 5* in their rosters blowing their scaling to bench them and bring their scaling down. Any benched characters cannot be used at all when on the bench and do not apply to the scaling calculations. If you pull them off the bench and roster them, they should be blocked from any active events you have currently started, since scaling has already been determined upon entry and progressing from there.

This would stop people from having to sell the best cards in the game because of an error on the part of the development team.

Even if you had to spend some HP to buy the stronghold... and it should come with like 5 roster spots within it. Then maybe a storage area for unclaimed covers so they won't expire.

EDIT: I created a thread in Suggestions with this same post... please upvote that one instead.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    They need a bench... a Stronghold where you can bench characters to take them out of your roster temporarily, until you want to use them. This would allow those with premature 5* in their rosters blowing their scaling to bench them and bring their scaling down. Any benched characters cannot be used at all when on the bench and do not apply to the scaling calculations. If you pull them off the bench and roster them, they should be blocked from any active events you have currently started, since scaling has already been determined upon entry and progressing from there.

This would stop people from having to sell the best cards in the game because of an error on the part of the development team.

Even if you had to spend some HP to buy the stronghold... and it should come with like 5 roster spots within it. Then maybe a storage area for unclaimed covers so they won't expire.
    love this idea. since they don't actually help anyway, I'd gladly go back to patch/daken for LR seeds if my pve scaling went back to normal. I'd put that in suggestions and I'd upvote that as many times as they let me (guess that's 1, but I like the idea)
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    For the attack tile fix - Will the second number show total damage like it was changed to now or will it show the damage of attack tiles after modifiers like before the bug?
  • So we get more new characters but no fix for the 5*s ruining peoples' scaling and MMR, huh?

Meh. Back to Marvel Future Fight.

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alright, since we are all complaining about things NOT in the patch.. i will make a list of complaints about stuff not in the patch:

1. No winning lotto numbers for my state
    2. No early release copy of Civil War
    3. No 50,000 free HP for pointing out obvious things not listed in the patch.
    4. Not one mention of kittens anywhere in the patch notes.

get your stuff together dev's! We wanted tiny kittens! (they have been mentioned on the forums forever!!!)
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Alright, since we are all complaining about things NOT in the patch.. i will make a list of complaints about stuff not in the patch:

4. Not one mention of kittens anywhere in the patch notes.

get your stuff together dev's! We wanted tiny kittens! (they have been mentioned on the forums forever!!!)

You see, now I'm lightly cranky about 4*:deadpool: not having nearly enough meta-jokes to his attacks.

Oh wow you attack somebody and heal, and you protect an ally! Great job, buddy.

X-Enforcer would be way better if he sent a tiny cat out after the countdown resolved.
  • TxMoose
    colwag wrote:
    X-Enforcer would be way better if he sent a tiny cat out after the countdown resolved.
    ok, that would be an awesome bone to throw to the forumites. similar joke to dropping whales. if they see this, they really need to incorporate that somehow.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Alright, since we are all complaining about things NOT in the patch..

'kay.

Here's a complaint about something IN the patch: a 50-50 split chance that the game will crash at match start.
    How's that for damaging playability?

Seriously; does Demiurge even play-test this ****?
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    'kay.

Here's a complaint about something IN the patch: a 50-50 split chance that the game will crash at match start.

Considering there hasn't been an outcry across the forums about this, your situation is probably a fringe case. Testing can't uncover all problems, unfortunately.
  • TxMoose
    Considering there hasn't been an outcry across the forums about this, your situation is probably a fringe case. Testing can't uncover all problems, unfortunately.
    no outcry yet but several posts across all platforms have posted in bugs section.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

'kay.

I don't know about 50-50 but what I've noticed is that if the match begins with a match-5 opportunity on the board already, it is more likely to crash than not. Not always, but more often it'll crash than it'll let me play.

And that's been going on for months.
  • Thanks Devs for the attack tile fix, notably better experience without that bug hanging around (maybe I use too much Iron Fist)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

'kay.

I don't know about 50-50 but what I've noticed is that if the match begins with a match-5 opportunity on the board already, it is more likely to crash than not. Not always, but more often it'll crash than it'll let me play.

And that's been going on for months.
    Huh. I thought that was an issue with my phone, not the game itself.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is everyone quoting a joke i made a week before the patch?

Also, with hundreds of devices out there, it isn't possible to test it on everything.. if you are having issues with a crash (not experiencing it personally) start a thread in bugs, make sure to include device type.. and let's see if they can sort it!
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Also, with hundreds of devices out there, it isn't possible to test it on everything..

What we need is a single device to rule them all. Not an iPhone, of course.

Any update on whether or not we'll be able to do anything with unneeded 3* and/or 4* covers that we'd otherwise sell?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Why is everyone quoting a joke i made a week before the patch?

Because you hadn't removed the ability to quote your joke by locking this thread or moving it to a less visible subforum. icon_lol.gif I thought there was a smiley that had a guy on the drums, b/c a rimshot smiley would've been more appropriate.