Patch Notes - R89 (12/01/15)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
R89 Patch Notes

Totally Awesome Hulk is smashing into MPQ!

What's New...
    - An all-new story event featuring Ghost Rider! - PvP showdowns with Ghost Rider & Loki!

What's Better...
    - Fixed a bug where the game showed damage done by Attack tiles before the attack animation played. - Added support allowing localized language text to fit better in the Character Select screen. - Fixed a minor bug where a character’s subname could be selected. - Elektra’s sai no longer obscures the game board on Steam/PC. - Holiday elements have been added to the game! (Including an updated loading screen). - Multiple back end changes to support an exciting upcoming feature. More details soon!

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately there are a lot more Elektra bugs still unfixed!
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2015
    Yay! No more Attack Tile Time Issue Taking Unnecessary Delays Everytime
  • So the legendary node still has a TU? Oh boy.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    ShionSinX wrote:
    So the legendary node still has a TU? Oh boy.

A correction is planned for the next Deadpool's Daily. Please stay tuned.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    ShionSinX wrote:

I have a lot of under-covered 4*. This is exciting news!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    ShionSinX wrote:

By the next one do you mean the one in 12 hours? If so my 1/2/1 Falcap says thanks, maybe I won't get slaughtered as fast.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    ShionSinX wrote:

Are we talking tomorrow, this weekend, or next month? Because Faptain's weekly ddq is tomorrow. . . icon_e_confused.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    puppychow wrote:
    Are we talking tomorrow, this weekend, or next month? Because Faptain's weekly ddq is tomorrow. . . icon_e_confused.gif

Tomorrow if all goes to plan.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    puppychow wrote:

Tomorrow if all goes to plan.

Thank you for doing this!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just upfront, any sales or anything planned? I noticed some games are having sales on currency, and since you guys are released 4 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png in like 5 weeks time, seems like a decent time to have a HP sale during a time when people are throwing money at all sorts of sales.

Specific blacktile.png day and weekend US coming up that might be a good idea.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Multiple back end changes to support an exciting upcoming feature. More details soon!

wonder if that means Selling Covers for CP is coming
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering what the hint would be for this release. Of course, at a glance, it seems like it's just stating what we already knew, but I dug a bit deeper and I think I've worked it out.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Totally Awesome Hulk is smashing into MPQ!
    smashing into MPQ
    smashing

Nigel Thornberry confirmed!
  • QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    Mawtful wrote:

Nigel Thornberry

Now I really, REALLY want this to happen.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once again, they are attempting misdirection. Obviously it's an anagram of "totally hulk into mpq", the words "awesome" and "is smashing" give it away.

And of course that gives us:

Lt. Hank Pym to quit. LOL.

So, not only are we getting Goliath, or Giant Man, or Yellow Jacket, or Hank Pym, or all of the above depending on what power is triggered, he's going to be the first character to rage quit because he'll be nerfed before release.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    "Pre-holiday greetings one and all!"
    That's the hint. We'll be having Optimus Prime.
    http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/'Til_all_are_one
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    In time for December, the original one all others are copied from:

SUPER HERO EXTRAVAGANZA THE LIKES OF WHICH THE WORLD HAS NEVER SEEN! Get a front row seat to the hottest ticket in town as we unveil Saturnalia and the Interstellar Circus Spectacular!

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/57000/ma ... lar_2015_1
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    will this fix the OML bug that was supposedly fixed in the last patch but is still in?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Any word on when a fix for 5* characters messing with scaling will be coming. I can hardly play the game at this point and am seriously considering selling off my silver surfer. In fact I would have sold him except that a I herd a fix was incoming so I decided to hold off for that
  • evade420 wrote:
    Any word on when a fix for 5* characters messing with scaling will be coming. I can hardly play the game at this point and am seriously considering selling off my silver surfer. In fact I would have sold him except that a I herd a fix was incoming so I decided to hold off for that

There's been no official word on it as anything but "eventually". And "Not in the current round of patches." So at least 2 or 3 patches away.

They described a new feature as:

"Maybe by the end of the year, but it might get pushed back because holiday time and junk"

And I think the scaling fix would come at the same time as or after that.

So, I'd say you should plan around February I guess. Which is just an estimate, but ask yourself, do you want 2-3 months of this hard-butt scaling for one cover?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    colwag wrote:
    evade420 wrote:

There's been no official word on it as anything but "eventually". And "Not in the current round of patches." So at least 2 or 3 patches away.

They described a new feature as:

"Maybe by the end of the year, but it might get pushed back because holiday time and junk"

And I think the scaling fix would come at the same time as or after that.

So, I'd say you should plan around February I guess. Which is just an estimate, but ask yourself, do you want 2-3 months of this hard-butt scaling for one cover?

Blah! That sucks. I just know that once I sell it my next legendary token will have another cover in it. But I think I'll have to ditch him, I'm not making any progression like this