Who are the 2* taco rewards meant to be for?

2»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    Don't forget there are 2* essentials for PVE so if a higher tiered player needs a specific 2* they can use their tacos to try to pull them to use for that particular PVE event.

Are there many higher tier players who don't have the 2*s already?
    I can imagine the frustration. "Stupid tokens, just let me pull Captain America already!
    *opens token star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_falcon.png

No, dammit, not that one! UUUGGGGHHHH!
  • I am one of those that is grateful for the Taco vaults and has used them to fill out my 3* roster. There are 53 items rated at higher than 2* in each vault, and I often have about 20-30 items in a vault that I want. Even now that I have a few 3*s almost maxed so I can't always use some of the featured 3*s, I still have at least ~15 items of interest. That's a 5% chance per token, but I hoard my tokens and wait for what I _really_ want. With just a little patience, I can easily build up a really good chance of drawing something I want. Granted, it's not so much by emptying the vault (although that helps very slightly) but more about just waiting to splurge when the featured 3*s are something great (e.g. the current GSBW has been good to me).

Assuming 15 'good' things:
    1 token: 5%
    30 tokens: 80%
    60 tokens: 97%

I do draw a ton of 2* trash and Health Packs along the way, but over my 200 days played, I have cashed in tokens 6 times, and earned the equivalent of 2-3 'good' things per month from taco tokens and I'm quite happy with that. I was hoarding for specific 4*s by emptying the vault, but decided that I might as well use the tokens to chase 3*s while I still need them, and it has helped.

I think Lightning Rounds are better for fleshing out a 2* roster than taco tokens, but I definitely don't see how DDQ is hurting progression. 1 3* cover for anyone with a 2* roster and the essential, plus 2 shots at 18% for something above 2* is _way_ better than PvE grind or PvP frustration, imo.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    My girlfriend is a fairly new player, and in the 1-2* transition, the 2*s from the taco tokens she could pull from the 1/2* survival wave node helped her quite a bit to get more of her 2*'s in fighting shape.

Now that she's slowly moving from 2* into 3* land, she basically uses them the same way I do: open them when you need additional health packs, and any other useful pull that comes from them (which does still include missing covers for several 2*'s, in her case) is a nice bonus.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    It's a lottery. There is no lottery where you always win.
    Use it to get health when you need it and be happy about the iso. The rest is a bonus.
  • Don't forget there are 2* essentials for PVE so if a higher tiered player needs a specific 2* they can use their tacos to try to pull them to use for that particular PVE event.

I can imagine the frustration. "Stupid tokens, just let me pull Captain America already!
    *opens token star.png:star::star::star::falcon:

Yes, they tend to be kicked off for the sake of roster space, usually. icon_razz.gif

Although they tend to come up in event tokens often enough that you'll probably have one in your queue somewhere hopefully.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    Don't forget there are 2* essentials for PVE so if a higher tiered player needs a specific 2* they can use their tacos to try to pull them to use for that particular PVE event.

*opens token star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_falcon.png

Yes, they tend to be kicked off for the sake of roster space, usually. icon_razz.gif

Although they tend to come up in event tokens often enough that you'll probably have one in your queue somewhere hopefully.

I just kept all of mine. Couldn't justify selling them for a pittance when I spent so much time and ISO levelling them.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    If you don't need the 2*, just think of it as a free 250 iso reward. Many don't need 3*s either.. think of those as 500 iso rewards...

The amount of 2* covers seems excessive and could easily be reduced, also given that 200 HP worth of health packs and 1500 iso are also classed as 2* rewards it would seem to imply that 250 iso for a cover is not enough too.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny thing is, for me right now the 2* rated 1500 iso is worth more than a 3* cover, but it still makes me happier to see that shiny gold 500 iso pop up. Just a thought...