Bars on sides of screen after latest update (Android)

Comments

• boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Just confirmed no Borders on my S3.

I notice this is happening with the larger android phones.
  • shusheshe
    shusheshe Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Also seeing the borders. I have a oneplus one running cyrogenmod Android.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    How / Why would this need to be considered A BUG?

Uhm..........
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    To spice it up. No boarder and i use LG G4 (app is starting in full screen mode set in the settings and the nav buttons are hidden if this helps).

I thought i post about since the make was mentioned twice before.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    To spice it up. No boarder and i use LG G4 (app is starting in full screen mode set in the settings and the nav buttons are hidden if this helps).

How are you selecting full screen mode? I checked the app settings to see if this was the issue and there was not even an option in my MPQ to change screen mode, there were no screen options at all.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i just dont understand that dev team.

borders? splash screen? victory screen?
    changes nobody needs, but a fix to prevent scaling issues which would take them about 5 minutes tops cant be done?

then asking for your time for a survey.
    sure, lets do it.
    but after you are done, ask again? and again?

i really love your updates.
    just like i loved the early firmware updates on ps3.
    that dev team needed half a year to include a clock in the xmb. sounds familiar.
  • OneLastGambit
    Is there a mod around to move this to bugs/tech issues forum and then perhaps a dev might see and comment on it?

I know I should perhaps have started this thread there but hey ho I can't change the past since my time displacement platform has been stolen again by Dr Doom
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    iOS devices only have four screen ratios (iPhone original, iPhone 5/s, iPhone 6/s/+, iPad/mini), so they wouldn't run into this problem. This is ahppening with devices that have screens of different sizes/ratios than the ones Demiurge uses for testing, I'd bet money on it.

I have them on my Ipad but as far as I remember they've always been there (I just checked old screenshots).
  • Did anyone else who watches CinemaSins think "30 seconds of Marvel Logos" ??
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:

How are you selecting full screen mode? I checked the app settings to see if this was the issue and there was not even an option in my MPQ to change screen mode, there were no screen options at all.

It's not in the app setting - it's in the Android settings. You can choose which apps to open in full screen mode (and the nav buttons are hidden in it). If you haven't yet - you can find it in Settings/Screen /Hide the screen buttons (sorry rough translation from my language but using it you should be able to find it). I have Android 5.1 on LG G4.
  • OneLastGambit
    Magic wrote:
    Magic wrote:

It's not in the app setting - it's in the Android settings. You can choose which apps to open in full screen mode (and the nav buttons are hidden in it). If you haven't yet - you can find it in Settings/Screen /Hide the screen buttons (sorry rough translation from my language but using it you should be able to find it). I have Android 5.1 on LG G4.

Worked like a charm, thanks for the fix. For anyone else experiencing this issue on Android please follow instructions :

Settings -> Display -> Home Touch Buttons -> Hide home touch buttons - then tick MPQ in the app list.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Magic wrote:
    Magic wrote:

Worked like a charm, thanks for the fix. For anyone else experiencing this issue on Android please follow instructions :

Settings -> Display -> Home Touch Buttons -> Hide home touch buttons - then tick MPQ in the app list.

This doesn't seem to be an available option on Nexus 5, Android 6.0
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    No option on the Moto X/KitKat either.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I went through every setting and the app itself on HTC 1m8, nothing there that removes the borders.
  • can someone post a pic? im curious.

i play on ipad2 didn't see any ugliness(mpq look the same as 2 year ago, new ui aside)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    No borders on ZTE Z970..

Moving to bugs section on 11/19
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    can someone post a pic? im curious.

i play on ipad2 didn't see any ugliness(mpq look the same as 2 year ago, new ui aside)
    There is a pic in one of the previous posts.
  • See here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4uls4a6vnyht8 ... 6.png?dl=0

After the latest update, I've now got bars on each side of the screen on my Nexus 5X instead of the game being 'full screen'. The 5X is, I believe, a 'standard' 1080p screen and I've never seen this in the couple of years I've been playing. Is this just a new thing I'm gonna have to deal with or an actual bug?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moved the "update ugliness" thread to Bugs, left a shadow topic so people could find it in the new location, and then merged it with this thread which had a better subject line. However, it looks like the merge killed the shadow topic. I offer apologies in advance for any appearance that this was "ninja moved" -- the forum didn't support what I tried to do.