ANOTHER survey?

2»

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gah, clickbait thread names.. i came in expecting to click some buttons and see red lines do things based on what i wanted..
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    firethorne wrote:
    Zero. If it comes up, I'll steer people away from the game. All complaints from post anniversary still apply. There new currency is just a way to turn alliances into whales via peer pressure, making the power divide worse, not better. If you aren't with the whales, the progression via randomness is horrible. I feel I haven't had any truly valuable progression in months.

100% agree. I was telling an alliance mate that D3 is using peer pressure to convince players to spend $$$ and pass CPs to other alliance mates. I wouldn't be surprised if whale groups' members are posting screenshots of purchases in their line chat rooms.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    For the record, I gave a neutral "5" rating in the survey. Freemium game with lots of nudges to spend $$$ to progress anywhere.
  • Did anyone give a higher rating in the 2nd survey compared to the first survey ?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good idea putting up this survey in the middle of a **** **** heroic. Bet that really boosts your would recommend results
  • Zero. I enjoy the game now, but there's no way I would recommend this game to a friend. My roommate asked about the game a few months ago. I advised him that unless you throw down your wallet right away, you've got no chance of catching up or making any meaningful progress.

I'm guessing with the 2 new surveys and multiple new ads going up that their rate of bringing in and keeping new players is dropping enough to where someone has noticed. Just my 2 cents.
  • I love the game, will continue playing for the foreseeable future. Have paid in the past, may do so again.

That said, gave it a 0, with the following comment (auto correct errors left intact):

"I'm closing in on two years of play. I have half a dozen maxed 4*, 30+ maxed 3*. While the game is fun on a casual level, there is way too much time or money required to be competitive. Placing in the top ten for a new character release requires clearing each sub every 8 hours, and then grinding every pin to 1 point, which requires 2-3 hours. You're asking players to play 3-4 hours a day for 3-7 days in story events to end up with a still useless 1/1/1 character. That's ludicrous.
    When 5* characters came out we were told they could only be earned in game. That is clearly no longer true add some have been throwing literally thousands of dollars at the game to buy legendary tokens.
    The tokens themselves as a means of advancement stink. Random chance creates great joy if you beat the odds, but feels terrible when you don't. I have earned all but two of the available legendary tokens since they debuted, and roughly half have given me anything I could use. Which means that had I known I was going to get that as my ultimate progression reward in an event, I likely would have stopped playing earlier. Instead I played a long time for a cover that I didn't need. That feels bad, and like I wasted my time.
    Why on earth would I recommend a game to my friends that would make them feel bad, and like they had wasted their time?"
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Dang, I thought I was being rough for giving it a five, then I come over here and read this thread.

I just hate how I feel like I'm locked out of anything above 3 star characters unless I invest a lot of time and money into the game (and seeing as I've played this both hardcore and casually for over 600 days, I've already put a decent amount of money into it - more than I've spent on actual full games, really, which is a little sad to think about). At this point, I usually just end up logging in and running through DDQ, and maybe taking part in an event if they have a character I actually like in the comics; I've pretty much given up on playing this seriously or giving it any kind of praise.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I gave it a 2.

"Progression in this game is a joke. Command Points and Legendary tokens have made this game no longer free."

I doubt they'll care or that anything will change.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I gave it a generous 7, which is slightly better than last time. I think the CP points are cool, though it'll be forever by the time I earn another one. I've just seen more effort to create something worth playing. I would make sure to mention to new friends that they are in for lots of frustration. I do agree with A LOT of the feedback here. Guess the survey caught me at a good time.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    hm, after doing that survey that window just wont stop poping up.
    is it supposed to pop up _every_ time i start the app/put the phone in standby/win a match or is it just me?
  • I think I have it a 2 or 3 in line with the complaints here.

This game is a time absorber and potentially a cash absorber. It's a bad habit we have to break that only persists through sunken cost fallacy - we've put so much time in that it gains more value in our heads, when the truth is no matter how long you invest in a waste, the sooner you stop, the better.

It takes so much time to get a character you need. When you're ready to devote the time to a fun new event, the game crashes and screws you over and you'll get a nice useless 500 ISO recompense! Lovely, I can get my level 80 character to level 81, finally!

Sometimes this game is awesome but the awesome has been missing lately. It all just feels mega useless now.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gave it a 5. I still enjoy the game for the most part and if a friend or family member shows interest in it, I tell them to give it a shot although I do give the caveat that the game requires a lot of time if you want to progress quickly.

While I definitely sympathize with the complaints against RNGesus's role in the game, I don't see them doing away with it anytime soon. However, I do think they could be a lot smarter about it like, have periods when certain characters or group affiliations get higher draw rates in select (or all) tokens. So for example, November can be X-men month so you have a higher chance at all X-men characters in the game. (each X-men character receives 5% boost or some jazz like that), December can be Avengers month, January Villains month and so on.

The CP node thing should take into account difficulty of the node to determine percentage drops. Easy 1/5 chance of getting CP, normal 1/3 chance of getting CP, difficult 1/2 chance, deadly 100%. The problem though is that this game utilizes a scaling system rather than a straightforward progression scheme like Puzzle and Dragons and nodes can fluctuate but I imagine it's still doable. It is frustrating to have to hit a hard node repeatedly even after grinding it down to 1 just to get CP.

But my main beef with the current state of the game is the lack of new content. I have probably fought Bullseye, Daken , Moonstone and co over 10,000 times already (give or take a 1,000 here or there). There are such things as Sentinels, Hydra henchmen, Skrulls, etc in the Marvel universe that they could be utilizing to add variety and novelty to the game. Furthermore, there is no overarching storyline or focus to the game beyond collecting the newest character. Although I stopped playing Contest of Champions since trying to be competitive in both that game and MPQ was just too much, there are a lot design choices that I think would benefit this game (i particularly liked the affinity system and the alliance cooperative mode seems interesting) and it has a clear storyline and mythos around its game. (Heck it's even getting it's own comic book!).

Although I know better than to set my expectations high, I am looking forward to the new story event we have coming and do believe the devs are trying to improve the game. Hopefully they have a clear plan for 2016 that involves the two big Marvel movies (Civil War and X-Men: Apocalypse) and have learned from Galactus-gate. I would very much like to see this game to continue to thrive but from what I hear from both the top and from the newbies, the devs have a lot of work to do.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    for those of you giving a low score or 0, what games would you give a high score to? I mean which specific games, if any, would you give high marks.

I definitely agree with a lot of your criticisms.
  • TimGunn wrote:
    for those of you giving a low score or 0, what games would you give a high score to? I mean which specific games, if any, would you give high marks.

I definitely agree with a lot of your criticisms.

I gave it a 5, use to be a 10. I'll give Future Fight a 9 or 10 based on even if I skip a day or two, I'm still getting notifications with things to bring me back into the game. MPQ just tells me that so and so attacked me in PVP.

Progression is way too slow. When you continue to add higher end characters, the finish line moves that much further away. They could almost give a new character away a day and the majority would still be way behind. Enough with stingy digital content.

20 iso is still forever a joke.

on and on and on
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    FF would also easily get at least a 9 from me. If you've never played it, try it. You really won't believe that a freemium game can be so generous to its players, and the game completely eschews the kind of "pressure point" psychological tactics that most other freemium games (including, of course, MPQ) employ to try to 'persuade' you into spending money.