ANOTHER survey?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
On the exact same thing as just a few weeks ago?

Wat?

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    FYI I work in this industry, they are measuring their Net Promoter Score (NPS). Only 9s and 10s are considered promoters, anything less is a passive or detractor. A lot of companies make all their decisions based on this. I cannot see them getting anything higher than a 6 or 7 overall.

https://www.netpromoter.com/know/

I gave them a 0 BTW. I would never subject someone to this suffering. I could quit but I've come too far (Day 608) icon_cry.gif
    At this point I'm playing until they shut down the servers for good.

I used to highly recommend this game pre-day 100, when there were 2 4*s (who both sucked), maybe 10-13 3*s and a 2* team could get you t5
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards

Progress is too slow and you must PAY to keep what you WIN
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards

If I knew everything I knew about the game and had to start today, I wouldn't play. I'm already pot committed and I am only on day 531, didn't get in on the ground floor, but close enough.

Character dilution, with RNG determining rewards and outside of buying covers, would take too long to cover everyone.

Demiurge has disappeared from forums and D3 Go! leaves a lot to be desired, in terms of content and timeliness.

Game content and changes seem like motivations of developer/publisher really different than players.

New players can enjoy their baby brackets for only so long, before they're in the same brackets that I am, along with others that might have been here since Day 1.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I wouldn't recommend this game either. You can play fine for free if you mainly PVE. To compete in PVP you must pay. There is definitely a wall you hit around the 3* progression and now with the 4*. In my case I have 2 fully covered and leveled 4*, XF and Fury. I also have 3BLk Silver Surfer.

So now in PVP around 650pts I see nothing but JeanBuster combos along with the featured Hero. Really no way to push very far with that. I like the Legendary Tokens, but those are a crapshoot like the others. I have received 2 Green XF, 2 Red HulkBusters (I already have 5 Red for him)

I'm at day 755 and still enjoy playing. But will be going casual and focusing on PVE.
  • jayx_2
    jayx_2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I rated it 0. I'm just going to go on a stream of consciousness rant as to why, please indulge me icon_e_biggrin.gif

How could I recommend a game to new players when there is no way for them to catch up other than spend obscene amounts of money.

Roster slots, matchmaking, placement rewards that are basically unattainable (and those that do get them often don't need them), the absurd drop rates of tokens. These would need to be addressed for me to recommend the game.

Also, adding OML to my 3* transition roster basically broke pvp for me and has made pve more difficult. Little oversights like this that seem to occur frequently (Galactus etc), if I wasn't already invested in the game I would just quit.

Positive changes that would change my rating include, capping roster slot prices (unlikely since I know it's a primary source of revenue), improvements to matchmaking that give new players a more sustained ability to get placement rewards, extending the placement rewards (a 4* for the top 0.1% of placement finishers in pve doesn't seem fair), and extending the DDQ to include a transition path for 3* -> 4* players. More pure pve content perhaps aimed at newer players (i.e. the gauntlet but a 2* team can finish all nodes and the top prize is a 3* cover, no required characters). Also some new content would be a breath of fresh air. We're still honestly doing heroic Juggernaught more than 2 years after the release of the game!

Honestly, the DDQ is the reason I came back to the game, and without it I would of stopped playing again. It is frequently talked about favourably on the board here, so more content in that vein would be greatly received. I won't hold my breath.

end rant. Phew that feels better. I doubt the game will change at all, but maybe it will help future games icon_e_smile.gif

Edit: I should point out that I feel there is a good game buried beneath all that, otherwise I would stop playing. It's just the business model so obviously gets in the way so frequently, it's almost more frustrating than if the game was just mediocre.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    I put a 7.. I wont recommend it to my pals like i did before but im still enjoying match-3 game mechanics and Marvel universe.. I have invested too much in this game to hang the gloves.. And the social aspects of the game still keep me around.. But letting RNG determine high end play have made me completely desilusioned.. 5 5* after more than 100 legendary token pulls.. My roster is rendered completely obsolete now just by the virtue of RNG... Slap in the face and complete non sense..
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess they'll run this until they get the ranking they want.

They'll get another 0 from me, like the last two times this ran.

I will not recommend this to anyone, unless they want to switch from WOW or another MMO to hardcore raiding in this match 3 game.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Just to put a different opinion to all this negativity, been playing since the first 4* was introduced, and even though I lost access to that account and started over earlier this year, love playing the game, and it's more fun and more accessible than it was back then. The only frustrating point for me right now is how the scaling from having 5*s with my otherwise 3* roster makes decent PVP scores impossible.

Rated an 8, and I routinely recommend to my friends. There's no other mobile F2P model style game that I can play for as long or as much, without running out of "stamina" or "energy" in like 20 minutes.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i rated it pretty low too
    like others im way to far and hooked. and im only on day 150.

im in the middle of transitioning into 3* land, which imo is the best place you can be in this game.
    3* covers dont drop like 2*, but there is a steady flow. i already have some 3* covers maxed, but it will take 2 or 3 months to get my 3* teams going and another 2 months until a good group is maxed.

then im going to open my hoarded legendaries and see how far im already with my 4*.
    i guess somewhere at this point i will just stop playing, 4* transition seems like work, whereas the 3* transition was actually fun.

i wouldnt recommend, too.
    i dont care about buying some hp for roster slots, its everybodies own decision. some refuse to pay, some spend money to speed up their progression and thats absolutely fine.

but grinding for a legendary token which could potentially net me one of the most powerful characters in the game, and then subdue the pleasure opening it? because it could - it will - destroy your game experience?
    on top of that, development seems like it isnt concerned about that topic at all, or in the very least is just plain slow.

nah, "slow" is just not right.
    its one thing to slowly react to demands of your playerbase, and a totally different thing if you just cant be bothered to issue a statement, like "yeah, this issue will be handled with update XX".

thats the one reason i would never recommend that game.
  • "RNG-based progression sucks"
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    "RNG-based progression sucks"
    Well put. I gave them a 0 this time, because legendary tokens have ruined the game.
  • Gave them a fat juicy hole " 0 " icon_e_biggrin.gif
    One of my friend was going to start playing because he was seeing my play on steam and told him, never touch this **** game, you will regret it. lol
    I can't wait until they pull the plug on this nonsense, then I will comment on something positive. icon_lol.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I gave it a 4. The game itself is still .. mostly .. fun. But a new player starting out? Stay away. Stay far, far away. The hill to climb would be insurmountable, and it only gets worse with every new 4* & 5* they add into the pool.

I think last time I gave it a 6 or so. My enjoyment is definitely waning.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Gave it a 3 for many of the reasons listed here. Trying to build a roster now from scratch would be a horrible experience. 2*s would come quickly but then you have 40 3*s + RNG to try to build a roster with maybe 5-6 characters that would useful enough to propel you to higher placement reward tiers
  • I put a 7.. I wont recommend it to my pals like i did before but im still enjoying match-3 game mechanics and Marvel universe.. I have invested too much in this game to hang the gloves.. And the social aspects of the game still keep me around.. But letting RNG determine high end play have made me completely desilusioned.. 5 5* after more than 100 legendary token pulls.. My roster is rendered completely obsolete now just by the virtue of RNG... Slap in the face and complete non sense..

You just need scarpooch to give you some of his/her 100 5* covers.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zero. If it comes up, I'll steer people away from the game. All complaints from post anniversary still apply. There new currency is just a way to turn alliances into whales via peer pressure, making the power divide worse, not better. If you aren't with the whales, the progression via randomness is horrible. I feel I haven't had any truly valuable progression in months.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put in 4 last time. This time it's a 3.

My reason is actually the current CPs in hard nodes still being distributed randomly or not at all due to the random nature of reward distribution. If success isn't coupled with reasonably regular rewards, then it undermines the experience and makes the whole thing far more boring and un-fun. Everything a mobile game should be working to avoid.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    The number of detractors should send a chill up their spine.
  • I picked either 3 or 4 and said "the rewards are way too stingy for the time invested." Especially the ISO rewards... and that damn 20 ISO.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there an "Other" Option?... "Please see other survey"