Hope for those struggling in PVP [Share your triumphs]

2»

Comments

• rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I only found out about Line after being recruited by an alliance that used it. It's a simple download and then it operates like a text messaging app. It hasn't benefited me in PVP yet, as I've yet to run into any of my alliance mates while climbing, but it's just plain fun to be able to communicate with your alliance mates and just chat. As for the theme of this post, this was the first season I really pushed my roster and was shocked at the results. I was just doing enough to hit 4k for the ten pack. This season, after linking up with a new alliance, I decided to do my best. Finished with over 8k for the season, learned about shielding, and finished top 10 overall. I have NO maxed 4*'s, and just 9 maxed 3*'s. N-I-N-E. I did all that with my roster. I also hit 2k in SIM for the first time. It is possible to do a lot with a little. I'm hoping to hit 1k for the first time this season. Let's see what happens! Malcrof is absolutely right, once you get the momentum rolling, you'll be surprised what you can do!
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Two seasons ago I used to struggle to get to 1K as well. Get close and then get knocked down. Get close and then get knocked down. Finally joined an alliance battle chat and was able to get to 1K consistently with 1 shield and sometimes with none. One of the big factors of hitting 1K that the battle chat helped with was making sure I knew how many points my target would be worth. Nothing worse than lining up a final target for 40 points when you are at 960 and winning the battle and getting 39 points or less.

Then I joined a bigger multi-alliance chat and 1,300 is easy now. Top score over 1,700 with out too many shields or much time spent and I learned to bake cupcakes to help other players just like the higher level players help me. It's incredible to watch once the ball gets rolling how the scores start adding up. I have heard people complaining about cupcakes but it does help everyone score higher. For those complaining, have you passed up eating one when you found it? Also, as a tip, if you do find one, wait at least five minutes before attacking. Trust me, you don't want to get marked as a sniper even if you weren't trying to snipe!

Yes, battle chats are not for everyone and it is time consuming but if you want to score high it definitely makes it easier. I also find that chatting with other players makes the game more fun.
  • I was able to get 800, on to 900 for the first time in my PVP career, going on one year, a few events ago!

...but it was Balance of Power, so that doesn't exactly count.

And my attempt to shield hop two matches to get to 1000 was shot down by getting hit thrice during the second match.

PVP is a heartbreaker.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Then I closed out the season hitting 1k in every event, hit 2k on the simulator (previous high was just over 1600), and finished the season at an even 200th. I also managed top-10 in every PvE along the way, including the first time I'd even done top-20 in a release event.

Next goals, 1300 and top-100 on season.

Don't know yet about the top-100, but I've gotten 1k every event, and I hit 1300 for the first time in God of Lies (not trying to repeat in GR event).
  • The problem of achieving 1,3K is spending too shield and the reward will probably be ****. When passes from 800/900 you get to be attacked more often and need to reach quickly 1K to get the reward or put shield. I'd rather stay in 1K winning HP than to try 1.3 losing HP and go to the lottery LT. 1K score to 1,3K will make no difference in the Season (1CP and a token more do not change my life). When to offer necessary reward, icon_kamalakhan.pngpurpleflag.png or icon_quicksilver.pngblueflag.png , I put shield to finish the event to get it like I did with Beast, last time I put shield in pvp.
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I don't have a lot of 3* maxed I probably have about 5-6 fully maxed at 166. Some are not even close to being optimal like my cyc whom is at 3-5-5 but he's there just a matter of respec him. But last season XX I was hitting close to 800-900 during many of the pvp which helped out my guys gain the extra covers I needed. I've been very lucky with many of the tokens at 300-650 I've pulled 3*s I needed. And I've even gotten super luck and pulled a few 4*. I usually play the last 3-4 hours of an event because of work/life aspect. But this season for the cage pvp that just happened. I climbed to 806 prior to sheild yes it was in the 3rd slice. But I had the extra hp due to buying stark load. So I spent the 300 hp on a 24 hour sheild because I joined at the start of the pvp. While shielded I had seen that many had jump well beyond the 1k mark so I spent the iso tax and got extremely lucky and found 2 cupcake teams. Plus a team I know I could beat it was a 93 cage- 140 IF- 178SW. My fist is maxed at 166. I upped my cage during the pvp to 153 which boosted him to 268 and my SW was at 220. So I had waited till under 3 hours and broke my sheild from 24 hours and I hit the 3 teams. And to no suprise I get a +6 attack win while in shielded plus the points from the 3 matches put me at 1029. For my 2nd blue fury cover. I searched and searched for the cupcakes again or something to get me to 1.3k but kept running into 350 IMHB plus a 5* or a maxed cage. So I said the heck with it. 1k I'll take it.

Most of the time I try not to sheild hop myself but if I do I can get to 800 easily and many 3* are around the 127 mark or close to it just needing the iso to fully max them.

I've tried to find battle chats for line but no response cause I'd love to be able to help others out if I can and vice versa.

It can be done just bank your iso for now and try to get as many covers you can for the 3* before you level them up.

I have 2 4* with minimal 6 covers but the highest lvl I have them at is 112 with fury. My next 4* close to him is carnage with 3 green and my jg which is 3-1-2 covers is still sitting at 90. Yes I spent 5k hp on getting jg to that. Cause she was at 1-1-2 for the longest time.

But if you want to check my roster my in game id is............ Mikepro and my alliance is Marvelblackops.

If anyone can send me a pm via here or line about battle chat that'd be great.

Line id is mikeproo
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just managed to make it to 1300 points without using a single shield for the first time in the Venom PvP. My maxed and boosted Jean Grey (paired with Hulkbuster) probably had a thing or two to do with that though.