4* DDQ: Carnage versus Doc Ock

Options
13»

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I managed this one due to Carnage being one of my best covered 4*'s, the opposition getting a TU and the choice of that TU still seems needlessly unfair.

My scaling will now be royally rogered, as I got my second 5* in a week. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    While I managed this one due to Carnage being one of my best covered 4*'s, the opposition getting a TU and the choice of that TU still seems needlessly unfair.

My scaling will now be royally rogered, as I got my second 5* in a week. icon_e_sad.gif

I thught this Tu was actually very fair. It could have been something that generated strike tiles or drained AP.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First try lvl 160 5-1-5. Only having one black was an advantage as doc never matched to put out fists. Blue falcap from token.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/0/3 L140. Boosted all damage, r/y damage, crit all maxed. I won but still took 4 tries.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach got it first try with my level 213 5/1/4, doing 4600+ damage with 7 red was the key. 12000+ health didn't hurt either.

I would be surprised if anyone without at least 3 red did it. And the more black, the less likely you are to succeed.

Wolveroach's level 90 1/2/0 won't be dignifying this event with his presence.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/0/2 Carnage, not happening. All I'm getting is the same boards starved of red and full of green, blue and purple. And sometimes a butt load of yellow.

I swear this is a coding thing inherent in these nodes, every fight I've had on these nodes for weeks has been the same way. Starved of my colour, rich in the enemy's colour.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I tried 5 times with my 172 1/3/5 Carnage with no luck (Got him to 18 one time.). I bumped him up to 182 for a few more hitpoints and got nasty boards so it took me 7 more tries but ended up finally winning my first 4* DDQ for a black Xforce Wolvie to bring him up to 3/2/3.

Only having the one cover in red, really hurt.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,300 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wooohooo! Managed it on my 5th attempt with my 2/0/1 Carnage.

Extremely luck. Red heavy to start, and I went in with boosted damage all, boosted damage G/B, and R/Y AP boosts.

Match damaged him, then 3x red, 2x green, and eeked by with 130 health remaining.

And pulled a icon_mrfantastic.pngblueflag.png , putting him at 2/1/1
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took me 4 or 5 tries with my 2-3-4 carnage. Low red made it tricky with pitiful scythes damage. Started at level 147 ended doing it at 154. Wrong build for fighting doc I guess. Got him under 1k but kept munching me with his green.

Eventually managed to save up enough red and green to unleash his red multiple times in a row and then carnage rules 2x for a win. No boosts. They got wasted on earlier tries. Out of the ones I have managed so far this is the first one that needed more than one attempt.

Not opened the legendary yet.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got him the fisrt try, but it was really close even though my Carnage is 5/3/4 level 180. The AI got a cascade and made things worse casting powers from the behginning and using my attack tiles against me. I hoarded all the AP I could and the last turn before losing I fired red two times and green once killing him in one turn. That was so satisfactory icon_e_biggrin.gif

And I got a black SS so reaaaally great icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/2/2 lvl 100, gave up
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This one was tough. My 3/2/1 lvl 131 Carnage struggled. I got it on the 6th attempt but I was sitting at 200ish hp in the end. I got a very much needed redflag.png Hulkbuster though, so definitely worth it this go around.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I understand the use of Doc Oc here as his face-off, it would normally be a somewhat interesting fight. I just feel that the 1v1s especially shouldn't reward you for gimping your character, which pitting Doc Oc vs Carnage most definitely does. I think a strike-tile generator would have been more interesting - you have to get rid of the strike tiles / gives you something to hit with your green and at the same time still makes Carnage's black more dynamic.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I understand the use of Doc Oc here as his face-off, it would normally be a somewhat interesting fight. I just feel that the 1v1s especially shouldn't reward you for gimping your character, which pitting Doc Oc vs Carnage most definitely does. I think a strike-tile generator would have been more interesting - you have to get rid of the strike tiles / gives you something to hit with your green and at the same time still makes Carnage's black more dynamic.

Agreed. Daken would have been an interesting fight. To get your green you are powering him up.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had no hope with this one, my Carnage is only 2 1 2.

Most of the people on here that say they won it have either 0 or 1 in Black, or they had a 200+ level Carnage so it didn't matter much.

Self damage is the worst idea to add to a power.
    Even back when Carnage was released, I thought he was the worst character design top to bottom this game has seen, and that includes the any version of Sentry.
    There is something inherently flawed in a character's design if people are more successful NOT having that power, and people feel his "best" build is 5 0 5.
    This specific mathcup only highlights how ridiculously stupid Carnage's powerset actually is. The only decent ability is his green. His red is strong, sure, but it damages your own team way too much on repeated uses.

I wonder never voluntarily use Carnage. Ever.
  • padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Downed him on my 2nd go with 1/0/3 lvl 111 Carnage.
    Used boosts: +all ap, +g/blk matching 50% + crit match 100%

The board was green heavy so he managed to get off his green ability despite me relentlessly matching green myself!
    I thought I was a goner as it was 1k health vs 10k health. So decided to spam my green ability x 2 as a last stand resort.
    1st green spam shook the board and gave me a 5match black and 5 match green.
    2nd green spam shook the board and gave me 5 match green.
    The ap gained was enough to give me a 3rd green cast and with all the green/black crit dmg and cascade matches, it was over for Dr Oct.

So really pleased the gem generator was in my favor when I most needed it icon_e_biggrin.gif

Reward was green cover for The Thing.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took him down first go with level 172 5/2/2. Got my 2nd 5* cover (Phoenix) for it [from ~40 LT's now].
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    2/2/2 lvl 100, gave up

I was in the same boat so I bought a third red cover.

Then won a fourth red cover for winning...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took me 11 tries. 3/2/5 lvl 140.

3 red attacks wasn't cutting it, and green is just so unreliable. Finally saved up 28 red AP and 24 Green AP, and by that time, I had some lucky red cascades, so he was down to about 7K health by then and he had only done his Blue attack once... matched nothing (yay).

It only took 3 Red attacks to bring him down at that point (2400 each) didn't end up needing the 4th or the 2 Greens I had as backup.

Every single fight with him was frustrating... didn't have enough ISO to bump him up any higher than 140 either or it would have finished much sooner.

greenflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png (that makes 2 of that color from LT)

FYI: Drew my LT from 10K for Season and the T100 Alliance rewards... greenflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png (making it 3 from LT now) and greenflag.pngicon_wolverine.png Xforce... ugh.