4* DDQ: Carnage versus Doc Ock

Options

Comments

• Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    No luck with 2/0/1 Carnage. At level 90, his abilities are too weak to make any impact. Kept dying from match damage without Doc Ock even needing to get a power off.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took me 7 tries with my level 130 3/4/5 Carnage. Had recently gone on a levelling spree so I was out of Iso and Scythes were doing merely 1500 damage, so took me several of those to lower his HP. And, every time I was about to kill him, oops blue cascade, what a lucky coincidence, let's use Manipulation on all those attack tiles for 5k damage.

Then, yellowflag.png 4hor.... 16th useless LT out of 21th. I think that soon the Universe will collapse into itself by bending its own laws, rather than give me what's statistically fair.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/4/4, so pretty easy.

But my account is programmed to receive only IW covers from Legendary tokens.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    L131 4/0/1 Carnage. Won on the 2nd run with +YR, +all color, +100% damage.

Just deny green. Blue was annoying but didn't hurt since I had no special tiles. Started with a great board which helped.

Then pulled another Carnage red cover.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    accidentally put this in the speculation thread:
    TxMoose wrote:
    4/-/3 level 145 took 2 tries. very glad I didn't have black for this one. xpool purple for it icon_e_biggrin.gif

just deny deny deny green. first one he got green off (had him down to 1K and had red ready), second one he didn't.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/0/1... 3 tries with max boosts and it's not happening. Oh well.

I feel your pain...I've got a 1/0/2 and even with +100% damage all and +50% b/g (maybe I should try +50% r/y instead of +2 b/g) I just can't do enough damage (even while denying green) before he whittles me away with matches.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Made it with 2/0/2 and tons of damage boosts! Handy not having any Black. No special tiles for Otto to match. icon_lol.gif

Got Blue IW. :1
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I totally screwed myself on this one. My Carnage was 3/0/2, capped at level 127. Then a few days ago, I got my Legendary token for season 10k and pulled his black. I applied it without thinking and re-capped him at 131. Had I considered this node and realized that lack of a black may actually be an advantage, I would have left it in the queue and probably beaten it by now (considering that I managed to get Ock under 3k once already). But no...by refusing to **** myself, I've likely screwed myself out of this token. Aaargh! Then again, it's kinda hard to fathom that missing an ability would actually be helpful. That's what I tell myself anyway.
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Took me 4 attempts (I think) with a lvl 127 Carnage covered 1/2/3.

Pretty much what everyone else said: use all of your abilities at the very end. Unfortunately, I was down to 288, but managed to shoot off 2 reds and 2 greens to end the fight.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/1/3 carnage @145. 2 tries without boosts.

Doc for me down to 500 health, but in that time I collected 21 red and 27 green. He was down to 7k from match/attack tile damage. 3 scythe and 2 greens, plus cascades let me finish the match in one turn. One helpful tactic was saving my abilities as long as possible. It kept the board from being flooded with attack tiles, so doc's black never triggered.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lvl 147 3/2/2 boosted all match damage, green/black match damage, plus 2 R/Y AP

used two reds and two greens to finish him off with me having about 3K health left

Useless yellow xforce from token Ive had him fully covered for about a year
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/0/3, level 140. Got him on the 2nd try with +2 R/Y and 60% match damage.

I got a black Carnage cover 5 days ago and held off on using it just in case his opponent was Doc Ock. So glad I did.

Got my billionth icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png from it, so eh.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat it 3rd try with my 151 3/1/3. Use +% and r/y+. Got a Carnage black from the token.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 242 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took 5 tries with 1/0/3 at level 111. Boosted all match damage, b/p match damage, and all AP. Denied green and got lucky with a red-heavy board and some nice cascades.

Glad I kept at it, got a red SS icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • monsterjoe77
    monsterjoe77 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    boosted my 3/0/1 carnage to lvl 111. deny green and lots of boosts. won on my 3rd try. pulled a icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png for my efforts.
  • metabelian
    Options
    5/0/5 166. Didn't bother with boosts, had a red-poor board, got stunned, and still won first time with 4k hit points to spare.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5/0/3 levelled to 188, took him out first try. Nabbed an XFDP purple.

That said, I can now ignore this node until XFW comes back up. Everyone who hasn't been a node yet is either missing from my roster or too under covered to stand a chance.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ock managed to get both his green and blue powers off and converted some of my tiles and I still beat him on the first try with my 250 5/3/5 Carnage. Unfortunately I pulled a redflag.pngicon_carnage.png though... icon_cry.gif
  • Got it on the first try with my Level 192, 5/1/3 Carnage

Denied blue and green from Ock and saved up enough red to fire it off twice in one turn. Made a match that involved a crit tile on the following turn and that was that.

Got my first Old Man Logan from the LT, his yellowflag.png
  • Kheiron
    Kheiron Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Beat it on my first try with a 5/3/3 level 212 Carnage. Black was inconsequential for me. The board was full of blue to start, so I just let Doc Ock make all the blue matches and focused on red, and used my moves after he did manipulation. Only got hit with the green move once, which also limited the attack tiles. Managed to get another Silver Surfer cover for my effort.