Managing the roster

Options

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like them both. nearly equally. who do you find yourself playing more? I think torch is more highly regarded by the masses, but fist/gamora is crazy strong if gamora is tanking. thing is, gamora needs to tank to make her useful, because while her red is spamable and ok, successfully using her black is what makes her effective (but its expensive, hence fist). so to me, the sooner you get her maxed and working on champ levels the better. I'd also start working fist up for when you get that 13th cover.

really on gamora/HT - neither is the 'wrong' answer
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tend to use Gamora a lot because I often do PvP with OML/3Daken, so I often use Gamora to fill the red and green slots, as well as having a backup black in case OML get KOed.

I tend to use HT more against minions, but I like him a lot too.

My alliance suggest championing the one with the 4* that I have. I have Thing, but not Starlord (I've sold off Starlord like...4 times).

The other thing is that my Gamora is at 153, and the cover is expiring in 2 days. But my HT is at 140 and expiring at 13 days. I have 89K isos, so maybe I can do Gamora first since the cover is going to expire, and then within 13 days getting HT since it won't cost that much iso, and I have that 13 days to rise enough iso to champion HT at that point.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    byc wrote:
    I tend to use Gamora a lot because I often do PvP with OML/3Daken, so I often use Gamora to fill the red and green slots, as well as having a backup black in case OML get KOed.

I tend to use HT more against minions, but I like him a lot too.

My alliance suggest championing the one with the 4* that I have. I have Thing, but not Starlord (I've sold off Starlord like...4 times).

The other thing is that my Gamora is at 153, and the cover is expiring in 2 days. But my HT is at 140 and expiring at 13 days. I have 89K isos, so maybe I can do Gamora first since the cover is going to expire, and then within 13 days getting HT since it won't cost that much iso, and I have that 13 days to rise enough iso to champion HT at that point.
    13 Days is plenty of time to get the ISO to level up Torch, so I Think this is a solid plan. How much do you need for Torch? How much do you estimate you can get in a day?
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Options
    I have to choose between 3 4 stars:
    Elektra
    Carnage
    Miles Morales

who is the besto to join my roster?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    byc wrote:
    I have 2 3* covers about to expire, so I need to use them or lose them. Who do I champion? Gamora or Human Torch?

I like Gamora over Torch since the nerf due to Gamora ability to put out decent strike tiles. Torch's red and green are good and his black is meh but I think Gamora is a little more tanky and works better in more team combos due to that. That said, I don't think either of these two are great champ candidates unless you have maxed out all of the higher tier 3* or you simply have a ton of covers for them. Both are low mid to high mid tier depending on who you ask (I would consider them solidly in mid tier) I know it hurts to sell a cover but if you don't have the better 3* maxed out, I would spend the iso there first.
  • Warbringa
    Options
    I have to choose between 3 4 stars:
    Elektra
    Carnage
    Miles Morales

who is the besto to join my roster?

ouch well I think Carnage is the best of the three but I haven't had a lot of opportunity to play or play against Miles so the only thing I know for sure is that Elektra is the worst of them.
  • byc
    Options
    More champion questions.

Should I promote the Hood or 3Storm? Hood needs to be promoted in the next day or the cover will expire. Storm has 2 weeks.

I realize it'll take isos, but is the reason NOT to champion them isos, scaling, or they wouldn't be worth championing?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would champ Hood for 2 reasons. First, it would let you respec him at will. Second, that gives you the ability to start leveling him up even more and getting him more hitpoints which you need if you want to play with him in PVP.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madok wrote:
    I would champ Hood for 2 reasons. First, it would let you respec him at will. Second, that gives you the ability to start leveling him up even more and getting him more hitpoints which you need if you want to play with him in PVP.
    The flip side is that a high level Hood tanks more colors and thus will take more damage. It might not be a bad idea to try to level up a meat shield for him too. I'm thinking Grocket could work well in that role.
  • Warbringa
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think Hood is really good in both PvE and PvP. Hood's AP control and color scheme are great for 3* however he is squishy so you will need to protect him with other users that can tank most colors for him. I don't care too much for 3* Storm. Her black is good but yellow and green are poor abilities compared to other options in 3* land.

Patch, Daken Hood would be a good team for you with Patch in the middle to tank team ups, red, green, while daken tanks purple and black and Hood would be blue and yellow. It isn't hard to only manage two colors matches with him. Low health team but two good true healers should help you and Hood's AP control should also reduce damage you take over matches.

You could also sub Mystique in for Daken since Mystique would also tank blue for Hood leaving him only matching yellow but I personally like Daken better but Mystique isn't bad if you can get her purple and black going. Her purple even gives you some more AP control combined with Hood.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    re: hood and loki - worth champing, yes. because down the line when most of the playerbase is playing with level 200+ 3*s, your level 120 hood will stick out like a sore thumb. If you haven't started moving to 4*s I'd make sure they were towards the back end of my champed characters. if that means selling off a couple covers instead of using them for champ rewards, so be it. when the bulk of your champs are 200, you'll want your loki/hood at 190-197. however, by then you should have some 4*s in the mix and it won't matter nearly as much.
  • byc
    Options
    Which of these two should I champion?

Daredevil - 3 covers in reserve.

Blade - 2 covers in reserve.

I only have enough iso8.png to promote one or the other and would have to sell the other's covers.

I'm guessing most people are going to say Blade since he's actually good, and Daredevil is meh.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sounds like you answered your own question.
  • byc
    Options

It's good to get confirmation in case the meta has changed since I don't visit the forums that often.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    byc wrote:

It's good to get confirmation in case the meta has changed since I don't visit the forums that often.
    Of course the meta has changed.
    Level your 5/1/0 OML to max and go nuts.
  • byc
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    byc wrote:

Did scaling change, or since I have 5 other 255's, my OML leveling up doesn't matter? I never really understood scaling previously either.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    byc wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    byc wrote:

Did scaling change, or since I have 5 other 255's, my OML leveling up doesn't matter? I never really understood scaling previously either.
    Nobody understands scaling.
    Thing is, with a 6 cover Logan with one yellow you can take on pretty much everything the game throws at you.
  • Warbringa
    Options
    Blade. Although Daredevil is actually solid mid tier with his blue stun being really good and his ambush an ok power.

Warning though about leveling up OML. If you push your scaling up by leveling up OML, it may get boring using the same team over and over again if you don't have a roster that can compete with higher scaling.
  • byc
    Options
    Warbringa wrote:
    Blade. Although Daredevil is actually solid mid tier with his blue stun being really good and his ambush an ok power.

I almost have enough iso8.png to level Daredevil after all. I might lose 1 of my 3 covers, but that's okay.

The question is should I champion Daredevil with 2-3 covers, or Cyclops with 0 covers.

I suppose the real question is are the covers worth it?
  • byc
    Options
    Necro my own thread since it's still regarding my roster...

I'm well into the 4* transition at this point. 13 champions I believe.

I got a bit careless with my isos, so I can only champ one right now and will lose other covers that I could champ.

My question is which one is the better choice at the moment, Power Man, Cloak and Dagger, or X-23?  I could also spend 120 CPs to get Sandman and Ghost Rider to 13 covers, champ, and use their covers for champion prizes also.

So Power Man, Cloak and Dagger, or X-23?