Why remove CP from DDQ?

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I have to say, as someone who obnoxiously complains about new features in this game, that command points are a great idea. But why weren't they in the DDQ today??

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    cp in ddq was a temporary feature to familiarize the player base with cps. was announced as a temporary cp location along with several other one time gifts (i.e. FB connection, $ spent, finishing 300 in x23). it may return in the future, but not for now. go get them in pve.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    TxMoose wrote:
    cp in ddq was a temporary feature to familiarize the player base with cps. was announced as a temporary cp location along with several other one time gifts (i.e. FB connection, $ spent, finishing 300 in x23). it may return in the future, but not for now. go get them in pve.

Whadda NOPE

Moderator edit: please don't use ethnic slurs.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    20three wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

Whadda <snip>

There are plenty of things to complain about in this game. And while I would enjoy seeming CPs in DDQ again, the devs clearly stating where they would be available, how long the temporary ones would be around, and following through with those statements is not worth the time to gripe.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are plenty of things to complain about in this game. And while I would enjoy seeming CPs in DDQ again, the devs clearly stating where they would be available, how long the temporary ones would be around, and following through with those statements is not worth the time to gripe.

Clearly an extra LT a month would be far too game-breaking for them to have continued including a CP in DDQ. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    For very casual players like me, DDQ was the main opportunity to earn CP. assuming you only earn 1 CP per day, that would still take 25 days to earn one legendary token (barring daily rewards). For someone like me who doesn't roster every single 3*, I'd take on average every 30 days. How is earning one legendary token every 30 days game-breaking? If you told me I'd be earning one every two or three days then yes, that's way too much supply for the demand, but every 30 days?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's again D3 adding a new feature that's so minimal in its existance as to be barely even there.

Vault. Nice idea. But 10 tokens out of 300 is not great odds until you start hoarding them.
    Legendary Token, again great idea, but they're so difficult to get as to be a drip feed (and a week long grind in PvE for *one* token is awful when you could just do a 3 or 4 day PvE for the same reward).

I've seen the word "stingy" used a lot and really it does feel that way.
    I mean, I know you shouldn't be able to whale up a 5* character to max covers with just a fistful of CP, but 720 for one cover? At the current CP flow rate? How is that even *remotely* plausible?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    41b344f86d932d0468658a34683dc99aa614a0f74f09cbd6fb2dcaa7f0350246.jpg
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    It's again D3 adding a new feature that's so minimal in its existance as to be barely even there.

Vault. Nice idea. But 10 tokens out of 300 is not great odds until you start hoarding them.
    Legendary Token, again great idea, but they're so difficult to get as to be a drip feed (and a week long grind in PvE for *one* token is awful when you could just do a 3 or 4 day PvE for the same reward).

I've seen the word "stingy" used a lot and really it does feel that way.
    I mean, I know you shouldn't be able to whale up a 5* character to max covers with just a fistful of CP, but 720 for one cover? At the current CP flow rate? How is that even *remotely* plausible?

I agree that D3 could be more generous with offering opportunities for cps.

Re: hoarding ddq tokens. I've been hoarding mine from the day it was introduced into MPQ. Holding 140 and 134 right now. So it'll be a while before I can empty out the vault. icon_redface.gif

I would luv to know how D3 determined the 720 number to permit direct power purchase of 5*s. It is certainly a LOT. LOL
  • sorry a little out of topic, in maa player recruit hero with command point and cp are farm-able, chancy yes but still doable by any player(binge-spender and f2p alike) on mpq i think it too scarce and it meant for whale player.

IMHO the game need to separate cp and hp too, for example buying cp in same price with loogan loomies, player get 25cp (+1 cp for his alliance)

also hoping if cp function like covering heros as alternative way instead paying with hp
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    adding a small chance of CP points from standard tokens seems like a good idea imo - it would give me a reason to open them again. At the moment just hoarding them hoping they add this feature as I don't need any 1, 2 or 3*'s
  • Dragon_Nexus
    puppychow wrote:
    I agree that D3 could be more generous with offering opportunities for cps.

Re: hoarding ddq tokens. I've been hoarding mine from the day it was introduced into MPQ. Holding 140 and 134 right now. So it'll be a while before I can empty out the vault. icon_redface.gif

I would luv to know how D3 determined the 720 number to permit direct power purchase of 5*s. It is certainly a LOT. LOL

I've actually started haording now, too. I need three 3* covers before I'm done. I need a black Luke Cage, a purple Iron Fist and a black Bullseye. After that the vault offers health packs, ISO, HP and more ISO in terms of covers sold. I only bothered using my 30 tokens in the last run because Iron Fist was available as a possibility (and I pulled one. My 8th black. -.-. Can't complain too much though, I did get a legendary token and 1000+ HP from it.)

Otherwise, yeah, I am hoarding them, too.
  • Hard enough to finish all rounds sometimes, would be fair to earn 1 simple CP, so I could save them. Would take 25 days to collect. Why is that such a problem?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hard enough to finish all rounds sometimes, would be fair to earn 1 simple CP, so I could save them. Would take 25 days to collect. Why is that such a problem?

Remember, there are also 2 available each day from PVE nodes as well, also as sub placements, pvp placements, etc..

They hid nothing, and said from the get go, that CP would be available in DDQ for the first 5 days only... as a bonus for their release.

They may come back someday, or just be a vault award.. but making it so all you have to do is finish ddq.. sort of de-values them... we don't want them too easy to get, that defeats the purpose.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe the point of Command Points was to aid veteran players fully establish their 4* rosters. Yes, it was nice seeing them fall from the sky for the first week, but, honestly, there are still two available on every PVE sub. Yeah, they are on the 4* essential and hardest node, but that only makes sense as the most established players are going to be able to beat them often enough to get the reward. I've gotten all of them so far. And at 2 a day, thats 60 a month (on average). Even accounting for the occasional 48 hour sub, that still gives you two extra Legendary Tokens a month, for not too much effort (depending on your luck sometimes as to how many clears each node takes). I'm not complaining about that at all.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Hard enough to finish all rounds sometimes, would be fair to earn 1 simple CP, so I could save them. Would take 25 days to collect. Why is that such a problem?

Remember, there are also 2 available each day from PVE nodes as well, also as sub placements, pvp placements, etc..

They hid nothing, and said from the get go, that CP would be available in DDQ for the first 5 days only... as a bonus for their release.

They may come back someday, or just be a vault award.. but making it so all you have to do is finish ddq.. sort of de-values them… don't want them too easy to get, that defeats the purpose.

Fixed your last sentence for you. icon_e_wink.gif

As for others like me, the opportunity to earn one tiny chance at one useful card a month, considering how many years it would take to build one useful character at this pace, is far from "too easy" for all but the top 1% of those playing this game, a fact the remaining MPQ players are becoming more and more aware of with each passing "great new opportunity" that turns into anything but.

I get the tendency to want to protect everything of value from the all but the highest level players, but I'd also like to see D3 continuing to have a reason to maintain the servers for MPQ, and losing 99% of your player base because everything is made "difficult enough" for all but 1% of your player base does not bode well for the future of the game.

Assuming "the purpose" you referred to is (at least from D3's point of view) to keep people actually playing their game, they're going to have to give the bottom 99% of those players some reason to continue to do so…

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    As for others like me, the opportunity to earn one tiny chance at one useful card a month, considering how many years it would take to build one useful character at this pace, is far from "too easy" for all but the top 1% of those playing this game, a fact the remaining MPQ players are becoming more and more aware of with each passing "great new opportunity" that turns into anything but.

I get the tendency to want to protect everything of value from the all but the highest level players, but I'd also like to see D3 continuing to have a reason to maintain the servers for MPQ, and losing 99% of your player base because everything is made "difficult enough" for all but 1% of your player base does not bode well for the future of the game.

Assuming "the purpose" you referred to is (at least from D3's point of view) to keep people actually playing their game, they're going to have to give the bottom 99% of those players some reason to continue to do so…

DBC

Seriously confused, in one thread there is railing against the injustice 5*s are causing and the havoc on scaling because they were too easy to get apparently, and in another, people are begging for more ways to get them..

Cmon

pick one. this is seriously funny watching people struggle for things to complain about.
  • Malcrof wrote:

DBC

Seriously confused, in one thread there is railing against the injustice 5*s are causing and the havoc on scaling because they were too easy to get apparently, and in another, people are begging for more ways to get them..

Cmon

pick one. this is seriously funny watching people struggle for things to complain about.

Yeah, you're right. The forum is filled with whining morons.

I would waste more time trying to explain it, but then, that's not what the forum is about these days, is it.

DBC
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Malcrof wrote:

Cmon

Speaking entirely personally...I want more ways to get 4*s. Simple as. Don't really care much for 5*s yet because maxing one of those out is basically the "I win" button. No-where to go from there.

Any character newer than Elektra is woefully undercovered for me. I'd love to get X-23 maxed out, for example. Heck, I'd settle for getting Thor complete at this point

I'm not sure we can say 2 CP per day via PvE is a viable solution since I've gone two days without getting them. Either we complete the nodes efficiently and leave things to chance so that we can either place well or grab the progression rewards, or we grind the difficult nodes for hours until it decides to give us the CP reward instead of 20 ISO again.
    If the CP from those nodes was predictable I'd understand your point.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would it be game breaking? Of course not. So, what would it break?

It would break the alliances peer pressure machine they're trying to set up, where everyone convinces themselves and everyone to put in $100 each. The alliance gets 140 cp for each player, and the devs get $2000.

Cp is a system designed to turn alliances into whales. Always was. And it is harder to convince someone to throw in $100 when they realize their individual contribution to the pool could be done for free in week in DDQ.
  • Malcrof wrote:

Cmon

Speaking entirely personally...I want more ways to get 4*s. Simple as. Don't really care much for 5*s yet because maxing one of those out is basically the "I win" button. No-where to go from there.

Well sure, but when you say it like that it just seems so obvious and reasonableicon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gif

DBC