So are 1,2,3*s all done?

2»

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Just to clear things up in general, we may well release more 1/2/3*s in the future. 3*s are less likely than the rest just due to the fact that there are a large number of them already. But that doesn't eliminate the chances by any means.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I'd wish they would just add characters like how they did with 1* Spider-Man. I mean the more the merrier

Theres a few simular powered characters they can simply clone, switch up the colors, re-adjust numbers to meet 1 or 2 levels... And voila, new exciting covers to open whether players want to roster them or not...

clone Juggs and make Rhino
    clone Hulk and make Abomination
    clone Hawkeye and make Gambit
    clone Luke Cage and make Sabretooth
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    She is a movie property: Pepper donned the suit in IM3 to rescue Tony, and her suit does appear in the collection.

Also, she was the lead in a series : http://marvel.com/comics/issue/30249/rescue_2010_1

So i wouldn't count her out.

I kinda am. I put in a suggested build back in year 1 when 3*s and 2*s were still a thing. At this point with 4*s being the main focus I REALLY doubt she'll show up, and I have to make my peace with that =P

Besides, even if she did show up as a 2* I don't think I could justify spending 1000 HP to roster her, nor the, what, 100k ISO to level her up to 94?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    She is a movie property: Pepper donned the suit in IM3 to rescue Tony, and her suit does appear in the collection.

Also, she was the lead in a series : http://marvel.com/comics/issue/30249/rescue_2010_1

So i wouldn't count her out.

I kinda am. I put in a suggested build back in year 1 when 3*s and 2*s were still a thing. At this point with 4*s being the main focus I REALLY doubt she'll show up, and I have to make my peace with that =P

Besides, even if she did show up as a 2* I don't think I could justify spending 1000 HP to roster her, nor the, what, 100k ISO to level her up to 94?

We have She0Hulk, X-23, and Thoress, why not Rescue? Spider Gwen? This seems to be a thing now, 4-5 variants of the same person.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very much ok with no more 3*s for the foreseeable future. I've payed enough in roster slots. at least now I'm paying for slots for 4*s. I'd hate to spend big hp on a 3* slot at this point. 1*s don't matter and 2*s will just be one more cover I keep in waiting for essentials.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trouble is, the game is built around the 3*s - they're really the top prize from PVP/PVE. Top 1-2 doesn't count, IMHO - that's an outlier and a "bonus prize." If they're going to center the game around the 4*s, they should really revamp the reward structure - they have in the past, but not quite on the scale that this would require. Alternatively, they could introduce other methods of getting 4*s. They actually have done this, but at this time most of these methods are non-targetted (you get a random 4* cover,) which only helps to a degree. Still, I suspect they're not done yet...

I definitely see the game as in flux right now. What they do over the next few months will dictate how it settles into the next phase. IMHO they should have slowed down the new character release some (once every three weeks, maybe a month,) and it would not have come to this quite so soon, but we'll see how it goes. While they've made some mis-steps, I don't think they've made really serious mis-steps, at least not yet.

Also - I want to thank IceX for giving us a solid word of their general intentions (they still plan to release more characters, possibly at every level, but the focus is definitely not on the 3* level any more.) That's very helpful.
  • Tannen wrote:
    Add all new characters at 1* level, allow them to be levelled up to 5* rarity with iso/hp/command points.

Focus would then be on incoming new characters, not rarity level.

icon_e_biggrin.gif

This is the right approach in my opinion.

Have some sort of event/ card / collection of points etc. that allows the escalation of a 1* up through the ranks to 5*. It provides huge diversity, an unending supply of characters, and allows users to play with the heroes they most enjoy as opposed to the ones more powerful just because they happen to have been released as a higher tier.
  • I think the idea of evolving/morphing lower chars a great idea. Imagine you have a maxed 2* Daken and morph him into his 3* big brother, you can have a mean SOB 4* Daken.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    ferig wrote:
    I think the idea of evolving/morphing lower chars a great idea. Imagine you have a maxed 2* Daken and morph him into his 3* big brother, you can have a mean SOB 4* Daken.

While they have an HP classification system that could be inherited, I think balance on the individual powers would be one issue. The other would be justifying a cost to go from a 13-cover 2* to a 13-cover 3* (on up). Would you have to pay covers into a character? 40 3* covers levels a 2* character into a 3*?

We already see how well in balance of power Juggernaut with a 4*'s stats would be. They'd need a system that says "a power that does x damage at 1* does y damage at 2*, a power that does m damage at 2* does n damage at 3*," etc. Designing that would take some effort, and the QA would probably be a nightmare.

I like the idea of evolving/leveling lower characters, just not sure how feasible it is going to be to translate into this game.
  • Tannen wrote:
    Add all new characters at 1* level, allow them to be levelled up to 5* rarity with iso/hp/command points.

Focus would then be on incoming new characters, not rarity level.

icon_e_biggrin.gif

Doctor Who Legacy goes this route - everyone starts with 1*, and you gain xp by using them. Team uses 6 characters with 1 color and 1 skill each. At 5* they do 10% damage in a second color. They just started rolling out 6* upgrades.

...Of course, they have almost 200 charactera and slots are free.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    ferig wrote:
    I think the idea of evolving/morphing lower chars a great idea. Imagine you have a maxed 2* Daken and morph him into his 3* big brother, you can have a mean SOB 4* Daken.

I suggested something like this earlier in the year...

Make a few current 1 star characters gold; Venom, Jugg and maybe Yelena for example (those without an upgraded version)… and maybe add two or three new 1 star gold characters.

When you have that 1 star character fully covered and maxed, you’ll have the ability to evolve it into a (new single cover) 3 or 4 star version of that character… And the only way to obtain these new 3 or 4 star characters covers is from this method.
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    Can someone indicate where they said they were done with 3*s?

I believe in one of the last three videos they said they were done with 3 star characters