Anyone encountered a player called MachoMadness?

Options

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    CapceH wrote:
    Nothing strange about this. I played a single match that netted me 5000 points. And I'm not talking ISO.
    5000 or 500? He is cheating in some way. It seems impossible to gain so many points within short time with such roster he has. It was like 10k points in less than a hour. I wonder if any of the veterans can manage this with 141 characters?

Did I stutter? I said 5000 points for a single level. Granted, the points dropped drastically after that, but I did earn them.

you may not have stuttered, but you're obviously mistaken, being that the most points you can get from a single mission is from the 5000 ISO mission, which gives 2000 points with Max multiplier applied

You can't receive more than 2k from a single mission right now.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    Did I stutter? I said 5000 points for a single level. Granted, the points dropped drastically after that, but I did earn them.

you may not have stuttered, but you're obviously mistaken, being that the most points you can get from a single mission is from the 5000 ISO mission, which gives 2000 points with Max multiplier applied

You can't receive more than 2k from a single mission right now.

I can verify this =)
    bam caught in a lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    Knock3r wrote:
    Yea, I'm in the same Hard Simulator bracket in third with 13264 pts behind CapceH's 14599. Macho Madness is at #1 with a crazy high 22557. Obviously Hard mode is not very hard with his mid-tier team.
    Oh, hi Knock3r. I see you one place ahead of me right now. icon_e_biggrin.gif Besides seeing The Ladder near the top of my main bracket, I rarely see another forum goer.

Edit: Actually, you're in my main as well, one spot behind TheLadder.

Not even me?
  • So he's flying up the chart again. Watched his score go up every 15-20 seconds for like 10 minutes. He's over 32k everyone else is around 23k and below. What are you doing Macho Madness? Hmmm
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    So he's flying up the chart again. Watched his score go up every 15-20 seconds for like 10 minutes. He's over 32k everyone else is around 23k and below. What are you doing Macho Madness? Hmmm

sounds like he's stuttering
  • Clearly all I needed was a maxed Thor and storm and any half leveled third shmo to blow away everyone else.

Macho Madness

9+ 23k and below
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    Knock3r wrote:
    Yea, I'm in the same Hard Simulator bracket in third with 13264 pts behind CapceH's 14599. Macho Madness is at #1 with a crazy high 22557. Obviously Hard mode is not very hard with his mid-tier team.
    Oh, hi Knock3r. I see you one place ahead of me right now. icon_e_biggrin.gif Besides seeing The Ladder near the top of my main bracket, I rarely see another forum goer.

Edit: Actually, you're in my main as well, one spot behind TheLadder.

Not even me?
    Oh, hey, didn't see you way up there in first place.

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure I screwed this refresh up. Stupid math.
  • Has anyone else reported him yet?

Is he still on the Leaderboard?
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Has anyone else reported him yet?

He's still top of the hard sub. Up to 36K points (I've dropped to a sad 6th with 21.8k). Closest person to him is 8k points behind and that's a typical roster of a couple 100+ and several others in the 80's and 90's.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got someone similar on top of my main leader board as well.
    Except he still only has a 58 Patch as his highest char and has 38k points.
  • Riggy wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    Has anyone else reported him yet?

He's still top of the hard sub. Up to 36K points (I've dropped to a sad 6th with 21.8k). Closest person to him is 8k points behind and that's a typical roster of a couple 100+ and several others in the 80's and 90's.

I've sent a report, and contacted IceIx as well. Hope someone can give an answer.

It may help if someone else files a report too. Might get it more clearly scrutinized.
  • It's not just his score but the speed at which he can achieve it.

Macho Madness 45182
    CloudOTStars 32960
    Shamusyeah 31827
    Ginnel 31263

etc etc
    Seemingly within minutes after the areas refresh his score shoots up in 15 second increments

Unfortunately can't do anything about it but I'd imagine with his roster the only legit way would be if all his opponents were lvl 10-20

Because even loading, win/prize screens take like 5 seconds total
  • He finally got banned.
  • Woot! That bumps me up to 5th in my bracket. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Gratz to all. icon_e_smile.gif

Just shows that it helps to report.

Good job to devs and GMs. Kudos.
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What was he doing? How can a person cheat the game like that? I've seen the hacks for points/hp but he had to be doing something else.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hacks and cheats exists for the Steam version.

On the PC, there are thousands of ways you can hack it.

There is this insta-gib cheat. Win with just 1 tile match.
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It seems there should be two versions, a separate one for the mobile versions than the steam version. It's not a level playing field.
  • Xalthim wrote:
    It seems there should be two versions, a separate one for the mobile versions than the steam version. It's not a level playing field.

I'll say. Did you know, the PC version of the game is way waaaaay faster than the Android version?

That or I need to change my tablet...... Android 3.2 btw....
  • I imagine the pc version would be infinitely faster than even running on the latests iPads/iphones

With the player base as huge as it is, there's really no need to have a crossover between mobile and desktop versions. As it is you can't select your opponent beyond the randomizer anyhow so you don't have that 'I want to play against my friends' issue

As the pc version is so much faster in all aspects, it does give those players a nice speed bump for races but I'm not sure beyond the lightning rounds how much of an impact that would have anyways.

Just wish all the hacks could be blocked icon_razz.gif