Anyone encountered a player called MachoMadness?

Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
He was running a team of 18, 85, 83.

I am running IM40 at 72, Ares at 85, Daken at 69.

Our teams aren't that far apart, so he has a chance of winning. What I find to be surprising is that he is winning me within 3 minutes of his defeat with that team. It's hard for me to even figure how is that even possible. I mean, if he was scoring like 100 points in 2 mins, that would be outright cheating, but this is kinda borderline, so if he was indeed cheating, it would be difficult to tell, as it isn't very obvious.

I can't exactly tell if he is cheating or not. I'd like to find out a bit more first.

Has anyone encountered this player? Have you noticed anything strange about him?

Comments

• yeah I beat him twice and he beat me once this past tourney, I'm running a lvl30 im40 ,lvl85 wolvie and lvl85 thor, my team is not that strong so I wasn't surprised when he beat me with that team, a few boosts and a couple cascades and I think he can beat me easily
  • I'm not sure I understand the issue. So you defeated him, and he retaliated within 3 minutes with a win? That's very possible if you attacked him while he was actively playing on his side. My matches usually last about 3-5 minutes.

Also, you never told us what characters he was using.
  • He's currently the top of my hard sub bracket with 22K points. This is the best page of his roster.
    718a123a-b722-49c2-9cb5-7191f601fc57_zps81b90aa0.png
    If he continues to progress point-wise in this sub, I'd be tempted to call shenanigans. Otherwise, he just blew through the hard zone before it scaled up. Odds are he won't be able to touch the remaining fights for the next day.
  • This guy was like 1-2k points behind me. After i finished a fight, i checked the ranking again because i was suddenly rank 2 in my bracket of simulation basics and saw him being 4k points above me. 30min ~ later he got another 5k points.
  • Nothing strange about this. I played a single match that netted me 5000 points. And I'm not talking ISO.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not sure I understand the issue. So you defeated him, and he retaliated within 3 minutes with a win? That's very possible if you attacked him while he was actively playing on his side. My matches usually last about 3-5 minutes.

Also, you never told us what characters he was using.

he just smashed me 3 times in one game for me in the doom LR, he uses thor + C.storm which is supposed to be some super strong combo right now with thor's new yellow and can blaze through people with a loop. he suddenly came out of nowhere in my bracket though, I was checking top rank constantly then bam hits me 3 times and he's at 410 points and shielded at 2nd place.

I always find it weird when people suddenly skyrocket to the top of the bracket from the bottom so fast.
  • Yea, I'm in the same Hard Simulator bracket in third with 13264 pts behind CapceH's 14599. Macho Madness is at #1 with a crazy high 22557. Obviously Hard mode is not very hard with his mid-tier team.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Knock3r wrote:
    Yea, I'm in the same Hard Simulator bracket in third with 13264 pts behind CapceH's 14599. Macho Madness is at #1 with a crazy high 22557. Obviously Hard mode is not very hard with his mid-tier team.
    Oh, hi Knock3r. I see you one place ahead of me right now. icon_e_biggrin.gif Besides seeing The Ladder near the top of my main bracket, I rarely see another forum goer.

Edit: Actually, you're in my main as well, one spot behind TheLadder.
  • Knock3r wrote:
    Yea, I'm in the same Hard Simulator bracket in third with 13264 pts behind CapceH's 14599. Macho Madness is at #1 with a crazy high 22557. Obviously Hard mode is not very hard with his mid-tier team.

He's leading the main bracket by just over 8K points as well. I am sitting in mid 20's at the moment I am going to be hard pushed to make top 10 but I am going to give it a shot need to revive OBW as she was just one shoted by a lvl 217 hulk so its not hopeless yet.
  • Nothing strange about this. I played a single match that netted me 5000 points. And I'm not talking ISO.
    5000 or 500? He is cheating in some way. It seems impossible to gain so many points within short time with such roster he has. It was like 10k points in less than a hour. I wonder if any of the veterans can manage this with 141 characters?
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Several of the most valuable matches are doable with a mid-level team. I defeated the level 230 Wolverine/Daken one (the one that was worth 5000 iso) this morning with a team that was levels 85/50/37 (boosts very much necessary). And keep in mind that exactly half the characters in the screenshot of his roster are powered up for the event.
  • After hearing what people said, I'm quite convinced that this guy is cheating.

I mean, people have been accusing Thereck of cheating. But c'mon, look at his roster, all Lv100+.

I really don't think Macho Madness with his only 2 Lv 85 can have that kind of high performance.

I used this form:
    https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new

I'll just see what they have to say about it. Either he's cheating, or he's a genius at matching with an ultra-fast network and ultra-fast comp.
  • Well, also note that his score hasn't moved since attaining that number. I'm keeping an eye on him through the next couple refreshes (in case he's sleeping) just to see if that score moves at all.
  • Riggy wrote:
    Knock3r wrote:
    Oh, hi Knock3r. I see you one place ahead of me right now. icon_e_biggrin.gif Besides seeing The Ladder near the top of my main bracket, I rarely see another forum goer.

Edit: Actually, you're in my main as well, one spot behind TheLadder.

Hahaha, glad to meet you Riggy, through our mutual distain/jealousy over another stranger. I have a feeling I'll see your name and The Ladder often over the next few days.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    After hearing what people said, I'm quite convinced that this guy is cheating.

I mean, people have been accusing Thereck of cheating. But c'mon, look at his roster, all Lv100+.

I really don't think Macho Madness with his only 2 Lv 85 can have that kind of high performance.

I used this form:
    https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new

I'll just see what they have to say about it. Either he's cheating, or he's a genius at matching with an ultra-fast network and ultra-fast comp.

This thread makes me wonder how everyone else sees me as a player since I only have one character that's over 85 (just actually one level over actually icon_razz.gif ) and I'm high in the scoreboard. I must be cheating too.
  • CapceH wrote:
    Nothing strange about this. I played a single match that netted me 5000 points. And I'm not talking ISO.
    5000 or 500? He is cheating in some way. It seems impossible to gain so many points within short time with such roster he has. It was like 10k points in less than a hour. I wonder if any of the veterans can manage this with 141 characters?

Did I stutter? I said 5000 points for a single level. Granted, the points dropped drastically after that, but I did earn them.
  • CapceH wrote:
    Nothing strange about this. I played a single match that netted me 5000 points. And I'm not talking ISO.

Did I stutter? I said 5000 points for a single level. Granted, the points dropped drastically after that, but I did earn them.
    You don't often see someone st-st-stutter on the internet. It's just n-n-not a thing.

I assume that means you also skipped out on the first 8-10 hours of the event. Highest I saw about 2k points, but I started at the very beginning and the 2K was right after I woke up this morning.
  • Knock3r wrote:
    This thread makes me wonder how everyone else sees me as a player since I only have one character that's over 85 (just actually one level over actually icon_razz.gif ) and I'm high in the scoreboard. I must be cheating too.
    The difference b/w your roster and Macho's is that you have roster diversity - a number of characters above 70 - which he does not. For some of these matches, he should be simply unable to compete. 2 85's, a 69, a 66, and a 41 with the last 2 being non-buffed 3*'s so they haven't even come close to hitting their scaling yet. He has got to be a very dedicated player to have gotten 20k points with that roster.

Besides, how many health packs have you had to use? Your widow and your spidey must be running laps (much like mine are) to keep your health pool reasonably high. This guy has a level 10 OBW (3/5/1) and a 20 spidey (1/1/1). Sure his OBW has 5 in blue, but level 10? Really? She'll be healing like 100 health per shot.

Like I said, it's entirely possible that this guy just spent a ton on HP for health packs, and I'm still waiting for a refresh to see if his score moves, but something definitely seems off about the guy.
  • That and the fact that he retaliates quickly and kills a team stronger than his in 3 minutes, inclusive of load times.

After the Thor nerf, I really don't think it is possible to kill someone that quickly, especially a buffed Lv 70 IM40.

Again, I'm not saying that this guy is 100% cheating. There may be the possibility that, as I said, he is a genius at matching, has an ultrafast network and computer. And also buys health packs, because there's really no way he could have lasted all those battles with just 5.
  • Perhaps he's using that instant win hack. He jumped to 27k so crazy fast. Was like 8-9k above everyone else