Crazy PVP scores

2»

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    this is why now the game is mostly dead to me. There is almost no point in playing anymore.. Thanks D3 for making a fun game that last me a year but with being put in bracket where people have max 4 and 5 star teams and can score 2000 to 3000 per event and over 20k per season there is no reason to play... Whales are just going to demand more stuff added that will keep pushing the gap between the players until the game finally folds under its own weight.... Only way to fix it is to make

LEVEL BRACKETS where you can only use 2 and 3 stars in the pve and make another pve where you can use up to 5 stars to play with I be around till the end of the year to see what these NEW ways to play they are working on but Sadly i think mostly my time with this game is over .... Yes i know few to none will miss my complaining on these boards icon_e_smile.gif

Level.

Your.

Characters.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    this is why now the game is mostly dead to me. There is almost no point in playing anymore.. Thanks D3 for making a fun game that last me a year but with being put in bracket where people have max 4 and 5 star teams and can score 2000 to 3000 per event and over 20k per season there is no reason to play... Whales are just going to demand more stuff added that will keep pushing the gap between the players until the game finally folds under its own weight.... Only way to fix it is to make

LEVEL BRACKETS where you can only use 2 and 3 stars in the pve and make another pve where you can use up to 5 stars to play with I be around till the end of the year to see what these NEW ways to play they are working on but Sadly i think mostly my time with this game is over .... Yes i know few to none will miss my complaining on these boards icon_e_smile.gif

Level.

Your.

Characters.

if you dont have enough ISO to push everyone what is the best ones to push.... Guessing the first would be Cage since his Red will put up a major sheild
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    if you dont have enough ISO to push everyone what is the best ones to push.... Guessing the first would be Cage since his Red will put up a major sheild
    I'd start with fist and the top black users - cage/Cyclops/panther. mags is very useful too. that would probably be the 5 I started with and then look at witch, kk, etc. when you do that, you'll probably need to level steve to help with your pve scaling. that would be my focus - of course that nearly mimics my roster, along with a few others that I've maxed (daken, thor, hulk).
  • Believe it or not, but I scored 681 points and I was 6th in my slice. I would have had much more, but I don't shield right away, and lost 211 points. So I had to make that up, plus more. I then shielded with less than 2 hours left to go. I guess I have an easy time slice.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    LuckyJAK31 wrote:
    Believe it or not, but I scored 681 points and I was 6th in my slice. I would have had much more, but I don't shield right away, and lost 211 points. So I had to make that up, plus more. I then shielded with less than 2 hours left to go. I guess I have an easy time slice.
    or the game hasn't bumped you up to vet brackets. enjoy those while you have them. the unannounced abrupt change, when it comes, is very eye opening lol.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Current Simulator leaders in my bracket have 5k (3 of em)..... don't even want to think about how much they are spending in shields to maintain that kind of score!

4th place is about 3k back icon_e_biggrin.gif

I believe we're in the same bracket. I only have 1.1k or so. Still plenty of time to break 2k. Rather spend my hp on something other than shielding SHIELD. icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow
    slidecage wrote:

A few seasons back, I floated the idea of having a scoring cap in pvp events. But the idea was ignored, so I already knew D3 WANTED high scoring in pvp events. No point beating a dead horse.

For me, I simply push to 1k to help alliance (and myself if I need the cover) and focus on pve instead.
  • puppychow
    sausage7 7 wrote:

Is this a sign of the first com-point flaw? If it stays like this my heart goes out to any 3* transitioner trying to get a top 100 cover.

I'll be honest. A 3* transitioner should be focusing on pve to get his covers, rather than pvp, precisely due to the crazy brackets and ultra high scorers. At least with pves, you know where you stand and how likely you will be able to place for needed covers. And grinding for legendary tokens is an added bonus.

I personally spend the majority of my MPQ playing time in pve events, and I have been able to grab every legendary progression since these tokens were introduced into the game. Also, since command points were added to pve sub rewards, I've managed to grab first place (and 2 cps each) for the first three Prodigal Sun subs. I already have enough CPs to buy a legendary token; that's on top of the 7 I'm holding right now.

So I definitely recommend players consider grinding pve for legs and cps. It's more of a sure thing than pvp placement nowadays. icon_cool.gif
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    firethorne wrote:
    I don't mind high scores, but it is absolutely time to rework placement awards. This guy is fighting hard to get those sentry covers? Please, he doesn't even need the 4* Falcon from first place.

Screenshot_20151109_104846_2.jpg

This guy is at the top of my simulator bracket with 5k+ points. I've only gotten 1 5* in the couple of Legendary tokens that I've been able to earn and this guy is already building duplicates! If he made all his purchases after the command points hit, imagine how much his alliance would have benefited. icon_e_smile.gif

After I saw his roster, I felt down but then I picked up again because it just reminded me that there are these kind of players out there which are completely out of my league and I just need to stay at the leisurely pace that I'm at rather than trying to compete at that level. icon_cool.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

A few seasons back, I floated the idea of having a scoring cap in pvp events. But the idea was ignored, so I already knew D3 WANTED high scoring in pvp events. No point beating a dead horse.

For me, I simply push to 1k to help alliance (and myself if I need the cover) and focus on pve instead.
    The thing is those crazy high scores help out everyone in the bracket reach progression rewards - it's easy to climb to 1300 when you can still find 50+ point battles in that point range. If you had to climb to 1300 from 20 point battles it would be... a lot harder.
    If you are after placement rewards the high scorers are no fun, but if you are after progression rewards they are a godsend. You just have to choose what sort of rewards you are after and pick a time slice accordingly.
  • puppychow
    Quebbster wrote:
    The thing is those crazy high scores help out everyone in the bracket reach progression rewards - it's easy to climb to 1300 when you can still find 50+ point battles in that point range. If you had to climb to 1300 from 20 point battles it would be... a lot harder.
    If you are after placement rewards the high scorers are no fun, but if you are after progression rewards they are a godsend. You just have to choose what sort of rewards you are after and pick a time slice accordingly.

I understand how the high scoring "trickles down" to the masses. Sounds like republicanonmics. LOL

But the issue is going after covers for placement, and I'm simply pointing to pves as a less frustrating alternative. icon_e_biggrin.gif

MPQ is certainly a game about making choices: to buy or not to buy slots, which characters to sell or keep, who to spend iso on, what event to enter, etc. icon_cool.gif