Crazy PVP scores

Unknown
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Has anyone else noticed the crazy scores in pvp?

I can only assume that the chase for com-points is pushing the whales to go past 1300 to finish high enough for the cp.

My brackets winner ended on 2k+, I shielded at 902 last night as was placed at 50th - then got hit for 200+ before I could shield.

Is this a sign of the first com-point flaw? If it stays like this my heart goes out to any 3* transitioner trying to get a top 100 cover.

Does anyone else agree the the com-points should be a score reward and not a placement?

Comments

• Some very high grades are normal. I've been to bracket the first left more than 4k. Probably someone with 5 * maximized.

I agree with the current form of distribution of CPs by rating because it stimulates competition. Sometimes I get in the top 10 without a shield with 1k-1,2k.

If were score by CP everyone will only reach the achievable goal and to stop playing. I do this all PVP with 1K and can not even remember when was the last time I did not get the 4 * when I wanted to get it.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    sausage7 7 wrote:
    [...]
    Is this a sign of the first com-point flaw? If it stays like this my heart goes out to any 3* transitioner trying to get a top 100 cover.
    [...]
    absolutely not discouraging, yeah...
    every maxed 4* and near maxed 5* is going for the cp, top100 is crowded with people who laugh about any given 3* cover, nonetheless they are just eating placement rewards they dont need.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been this way a *long* time. More so since the point increases in matches but even before that as well. Nothing new here.

CP just sweetens up the rewards. CP or no CP there would be 2k scores.

BTW - got 10th in x23 PvP with 1499 so not too bad icon_e_smile.gif. All thanks to the nice players in my slice though. I love cupcakes!!
  • Just buy 5 40-packs... You might get 1 good 4* icon_lol.gif

In all seriousness though, this is very discouraging... I never went for the 1,000 points but at least I knew I could maybe get one cover I needed with casual play... Now I have to play ALL day if I wanna break top 100, which my job and other responsibilities don't allow... I've found other options to getting items I need though, mostly luck haha.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The crazy scores are only in a few slices. If you want placement awards and can't place well due to crazy scorers, try a different slice and see if it improves your placement.
    Me, I'm rather happy I have plenty of targets to hit on the way up to 1300 points.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Current Simulator leaders in my bracket have 5k (3 of em)..... don't even want to think about how much they are spending in shields to maintain that kind of score!

4th place is about 3k back icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah PvP scores are completely crazy now. I shielded at 1050 or something like that and I was not even inside top50 (so no CP for me). It is completely nuts than with a score like that I am not even in top50. There were two guys above 2000+ points.

I think CPs are going to make these problems so much worse, and the same for PvE (being top10 in subs now is crazy hard too).

Aish, I remember when with 600 you were almost always top25 :_( But at least now I dont need placement covers, just the 4 from the progression reward, and these high scores I guess help for that. But people trying to get 3s must be crazy (well I am positive they are, because there are some in my alliance).

What I don't understand is I usually am just top 200, because after getting to 1000 I don't shield, so I get hit until I stabilize at around 650, so my placement is really bad. So I guess I should be placed in an easier group (or not?). But that never happens (I usually play in the 4th slice), it is always the same, the same highscores, etc. (you could say I am 'ending' the 3->4 transition, with 6-7 4s maxed so maybe at that level you can't be placed in an easy group).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Yeah PvP scores are completely crazy now. I shielded at 1050 or something like that and I was not even inside top50 (so no CP for me). It is completely nuts than with a score like that I am not even in top50. There were two guys above 2000+ points.

I think CPs are going to make these problems so much worse, and the same for PvE (being top10 in subs now is crazy hard too).

1456, 25th place. Thought I was going to have to break in the last few minutes to hold.

I don't think it has anything to do with ComPs, I've had similar scores/placement all season. I think it's worth keeping in mind that the amount of shields/boosting required to finish top 5-10 in PvP, they're getting enough ComPs from purchases that the 1-2 from the leaderboard are largely irrelevant in the scheme of things.
  • This wasn't an issue in my bracket - 10th only had 1024 points, and only 1 guy hit 1300. I quit at 1100 because I couldn't find targets worth more than 20 points at all yesterday. I don't think the CP rewards changed behavior much if at all.
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I had my highest PVP score yet. 1536. I used 4 shields. I also Have a roster with 3 optimal 3* at 140, the rest at 120. I finished 10th. (also a best). It's doable.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    i don't know if this is a symptom or a separate issue, but I have a solid 3* lineup (no real useable 4*) and i've been getting destroyed at the 500-600 level. the last several PvP's, i couldn't even get to 800 and I can almost always at least hit that. Same has been happening to the other non- 4* members of my (typically Top 100) alliance
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    rossmon wrote:
    I had my highest PVP score yet. 1536. I used 4 shields. I also Have a roster with 3 optimal 3* at 140, the rest at 120. I finished 10th. (also a best). It's doable.

How many battles were you managing per hop? Past 900 points I find extremely unlikely to be able to play more than one without being attacked in the meantime.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    rossmon wrote:

How many battles were you managing per hop? Past 900 points I find extremely unlikely to be able to play more than one without being attacked in the meantime.

really depends on a few things.. if i can queue a few cupcakes, i will do an extra hop i wasn't planning to.. just for the points..

Almost went for my first 1300.. but 1199 was enough for t10 in my little bracket, so i took it (X-23) pvp.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    sausage7 7 wrote:
    I got my highest score ever in X23, so based on my sample size of 1, yes, I've definitely noticed...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    rossmon wrote:

really depends on a few things.. if i can queue a few cupcakes, i will do an extra hop i wasn't planning to.. just for the points..

Almost went for my first 1300.. but 1199 was enough for t10 in my little bracket, so i took it (X-23) pvp.
    I climb too late and only shield once, so I seldom encounter cupcakes. My choice, as a F2P I choose to hit 800+ (or as high as I can go before starting to get hit back) and shield to the end. HP is too sparce for me to hop more than once. As long as I can still hit my 800 min and shield, I'm meeting my commitment to my alliance and still have fun, I seldom need the top 100 cover anyway (or the 800 point one either) so it's not for the rewards for myself that I play, it's to help out the other members of my alliance. I've seldom hit over 1K, so the high scores don't bother me at all.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    chamber44 wrote:
    i don't know if this is a symptom or a separate issue, but I have a solid 3* lineup (no real useable 4*) and i've been getting destroyed at the 500-600 level. the last several PvP's, i couldn't even get to 800 and I can almost always at least hit that. Same has been happening to the other non- 4* members of my (typically Top 100) alliance

I'm not getting "destroyed" but I'm in a similar boat. I sometimes wonder if it's because I accidentally leveled one 4* over 166 and it put me in a "clearly above 3*" type scenario, but I'm not seeing high points either (I'm usually in slice 4). I quit the X-23 PvP at 600 because I burned out, and I got hit a bit back to 500 over the next 12-18 hours. Usually I can over without issue higher than that, so I'm assuming a combination of new release / command points just put a lot more people in the pool.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind high scores, but it is absolutely time to rework placement awards. This guy is fighting hard to get those sentry covers? Please, he doesn't even need the 4* Falcon from first place.

Screenshot_20151109_104846_2.jpg
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, 22 OML covers, and he can't even get one full covered yet...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Wow, 22 OML covers, and he can't even get one full covered yet...
    22 OML's and 22 SS'... is 22 a magic number?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    sausage7 7 wrote:

I can only assume that the chase for com-points is pushing the whales to go past 1300 to finish high enough for the cp.

My brackets winner ended on 2k+, I shielded at 902 last night as was placed at 50th - then got hit for 200+ before I could shield.

Does anyone else agree the the com-points should be a score reward and not a placement?

this is why now the game is mostly dead to me. There is almost no point in playing anymore.. Thanks D3 for making a fun game that last me a year but with being put in bracket where people have max 4 and 5 star teams and can score 2000 to 3000 per event and over 20k per season there is no reason to play... Whales are just going to demand more stuff added that will keep pushing the gap between the players until the game finally folds under its own weight.... Only way to fix it is to make

LEVEL BRACKETS where you can only use 2 and 3 stars in the pve and make another pve where you can use up to 5 stars to play with I be around till the end of the year to see what these NEW ways to play they are working on but Sadly i think mostly my time with this game is over .... Yes i know few to none will miss my complaining on these boards icon_e_smile.gif