Fed up with being attacked while in the middle of a fight.

2»

Comments

• DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    OP, you have to see PvP as a ladder, the higher you climb the higher is the competition

At the bottom, the attacks are distributed among the many teams in competition. If you lose points during an attack it's easy to earn back your points

When you climb, you will meet more bigger teams and less weak teams. Of course, the weakest teams received more attacks because they are easy targets for bigger teams. At each step of the ladder, the level of weakest teams change, at the bottom they are 2* teams, then 3* teams with non maxed characters and so on...

What I try to say is that you have to find your equilibrium point. Below this point you're able to earn back the points lost during battle and you can stay unshielded, above this point, you are attacked too much. Above this point you are the weakest team and you're targeted by everyone!

You can't hope to climb above this equilibrium point as usual: you must either shield hop or stop and call it a day. Of course you can raise your equilibrium point: you need to level your characters, develop a bigger team!

MPQ isn't a sprint, it's a marathon imho.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Zen808 wrote:
    The elo system does what it's supposed to, which is put players at an equilibrium point based on the strength of their roster. Rather than the flood of "solutions" to PVP that require complicated programming, introduce possible exploits, or result in unmitigated point inflation, why not focus on the real problem: rewards, both progression and placement, are not always properly calibrated to the equilibrium points of rosters that need them.

I wish I could upvote this more than once icon_e_smile.gif .
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    It is possible to stop it. The solution is called a shield.

That's not true at all, and you still got up votes....amazing
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    LXSandman wrote:
    The solution is easy enough..

When you start a fight you get a 10 minutes shield.
    Deja vu...

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=33052&p=415449#p415449

Hahah, I know right... It's like this exact topic has come up before. Better lock this thread... hahaha

icon_e_smile.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    jdoe893 wrote:
    angua51 wrote:
    I use shields often but you cannot be shielded while actually fighting. It is fair to be beaten in a fight but not by other players while you are fighting. That is what I object to.
    are u implying that u want the devs to implement something so that when u are in the middle of a fight u cant get attacked and while u are shielded u cant get attacked too?

What they could do is give a time limit, if you don't beat your match within an hour then you lose 500 pts. If you have less than 500 then you're on the negatives. There's got to be some sort of solution that is better than the current system.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Konman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    It is possible to stop it. The solution is called a shield.

That's not true at all, and you still got up votes....amazing
    I assume the upvotes came from people who got the joke.
  • i like the solution where we have 2 scores one overall for progressives that only tick up from points gained and 1 that is your dynamic score that is used for placement rewards the normal way. at the end of the event many ppl don't care about placement rewards unless they get better. Another way to do this is to make an optional mode where you for go placement rewards to get this only uptick for progressive rewards that maxes out you out once all progressives are met you can play for iso and covers but 1300 is max score that way you don't win all the season rewards in one event. it seems to me with all the hits i am winning ~1100 to stay at 800 not everything needs to be a cut throat competition. some people want to put the time in earn rewards make progress in a non competitive way and move on to the next event we are not playing against real people(AI only) so why does it need to be so competitive.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zen808 wrote:
    Edit: The elo system does what it's supposed to, which is put players at an equilibrium point based on the strength of their roster. Rather than the flood of "solutions" to PVP that require complicated programming, introduce possible exploits, or result in unmitigated point inflation, why not focus on the real problem: rewards, both progression and placement, are not always properly calibrated to the equilibrium points of rosters that need them.
    Very good point, but I'd like to also point out that one's equilibrium point tends to be too shard-dependent. It varies by hundreds of points depending where you are, and yet everyone plays for the same progression rewards. As long as top players congregate in the same shard(s), the elo system does a very inconsistent job at finding one's equilibrium.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Zen808 wrote:
    Edit: The elo system does what it's supposed to, which is put players at an equilibrium point based on the strength of their roster. Rather than the flood of "solutions" to PVP that require complicated programming, introduce possible exploits, or result in unmitigated point inflation, why not focus on the real problem: rewards, both progression and placement, are not always properly calibrated to the equilibrium points of rosters that need them.
    Very good point, but I'd like to also point out that one's equilibrium point tends to be too shard-dependent. It varies by hundreds of points depending where you are, and yet everyone plays for the same progression rewards. As long as top players congregate in the same shard(s), the elo system does a very inconsistent job at finding one's equilibrium.

Yep! Get rid of PvP time slices. Have every single player together like shield simulator and have rotating end times.

ELO won't be as out of wack and more players mean more targets and you should get hit less.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I had one the other day where I lost 291 in one fight, and just shy of 400 in under five minutes. Yuck.