This is Critical!

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I was happy to discover that Command Points (CP) were added to some PVE nodes in the 0/4 rewards, but then I noticed that Critical Boosts were not replaced! I am not complaining that it's only 1 CP, I just find it annoying that Critical Boosts are still lingering around as rewards.

Does anyone actually enjoy winning Critical Boosts?! I feel this was a poor way to promote the new CP. Most of us complained about the Critical Boosts as a reward during Galactus so this was a perfect opportunity to rid the Critical Boosts for good! Facing a level 250 Punisher over and over again for a chance at 1 CP is not fun.

Maybe a poll will help to show how pointless the Critical Boosts are but maybe I'll be surprised that a lot of players actually like them or don't care. Let's see and discuss.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind anything... As long as I don't get 20 iso8.png before I get 4/4
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    So I was happy to discover that Command Points (CP) were added to some PVE nodes in the 0/4 rewards

I thought this hadn't happened yet. Are there CoPos in current events?
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Critical boosts are useless to me. I might have used them once, long ago when they were first introduced to me.
  • Punisher5784
    fmftint wrote:

True but to me Critical Boosts are worse than 20 Iso because you cannot sell them and you'll rarely need or use them
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

True but to me Critical Boosts are worse than 20 Iso because you cannot sell them and you'll rarely need or use them

I use mine all the time when running PX-GSBW-SW at the end of PvE. The extra damage comes in handy to get things done a little quicker.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't started Prodigal yet, did we lose the lowest iso reward, or one of the big ones in the nodes that have Command Points?
  • Punisher5784
    edited November 2015
    fmftint wrote:

I use mine all the time when running PX-GSBW-SW at the end of PvE. The extra damage comes in handy to get things done a little quicker.

Yes I agree they are useful for that team or the usual MNMag/CStorm/MHawkeye but would you really miss the Critical Boosts? You would forget about it pretty quickly.

Did you enjoy winning Critical Boosts during Galactus?
  • Punisher5784
    Malcrof wrote:
    Haven't started Prodigal yet, did we lose the lowest iso reward, or one of the big ones in the nodes that have Command Points?

We lost the Standard Token so basically 100-250 Iso
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    Malcrof wrote:

The last non-essential node and the 4 star.png essential have 1 command point in their 4 rewards. You also get points for finishing within the top 10 in the sub. Not like this game is hyper competitive as is.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I opened a standard token and received a command point, I would be completely ok with that, so I'm fine with that change. Would I have preferred they replace critical boosts instead? Sure. I'd have to see numbers on how many nodes give critical boosts as an award vs how many give standard tokens in order to decide which hewed closest to the number of cps I'd want to give out.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Willis wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

The last non-essential node and the 4 star.png essential have 1 command point in their 4 rewards. You also get points for finishing within the top 10 in the sub. Not like this game is hyper competitive as is.

I got the one at the end of Crossfire, but didn't get the one after finishing Kingpin's Essential. Which means it is probably 20 iso for me until the 25% chance of pulling it on the next sub. icon_e_sad.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes I agree they are useful for that team or the usual MNMag/CStorm/MHawkeye but would you really miss the Critical Boosts? You would forget about it pretty quickly.

Did you enjoy winning Critical Boosts during Galactus?

I didn't not enjoy winning Critical boosts.

Boosts are useful, even those. Would I miss them? No. Things I also don't miss:

1) Boosting +6 instead of +4
    2) XForce 2.0
    3) Anniversary 1.0
    4) True Healing

Which were all considerably more useful.
  • Critical Booster is worse than 20 iso8.png

Should have 3 rewards followed, 250 iso8.png , 140 iso8.png and 1CP, then only reward you with 20 iso8.png . Anyone who wants to grind to get the rewards of the event are with 20 iso8.png . You be required to play 10, 20 times the same node just to get the desired reward is a waste of time and patience with the game.

The strategy of the planners is to put the worst possible reward. If there is too much complaint and MAINLY revenue decline they improve something. So it was in Galactus event and will be so as the game exist.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Top 10 sub for CP is absolutely insane. I will gladly skip out.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Critical Boosts can be a huge help for DDQ Legendary nodes when your character is undercovered/underleveled. But buying a set is so cheap, even then it is worth them not being on node rewards.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Critical Boosts can be a huge help for DDQ Legendary nodes when your character is undercovered/underleveled.
    Given the % of moves that result in a crit, aren't you better off loading up on damage boosts instead?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Critical Boosts can be a huge help for DDQ Legendary nodes when your character is undercovered/underleveled.
    Given the % of moves that result in a crit, aren't you better off loading up on damage boosts instead?

on the 15th try with Starlord, crit boosts are all you have left
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not a fan, but getting 20 iso8.png with other rewards still unclaimed is far more annoying and should be fixed. People have been asking for that change for literally over a year.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    To me, this is a non issue until 20 iso rewards are gone. Imo so many things have been fixed in this game that this issue is now the highest peg (character balancing notwithstanding, which will always be an issue).
  • Unknown
    edited November 2015
    Personally i am not a fan of consumables and never use them at all, therefore i always have a pile of 30 of each booster.
    I tried using it a few times against galactus, but then found that in difficult battles, you still die with boosters, you need luck with a good cascade to win hard fights ^_^