The FAQ Project

123457»

Comments

• drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Kolence wrote:
    34. Is there an action order within each turn in the game?

The order of actions within each turn is as follows:

1. Passive abilities activate
    - this includes abilities like Scarlet Witch's Arcane Incantation, Luke Cage's Unbreakable, and Iron Fist's Exquisite Technique.
    - This step is skipped on the player's very first turn of the game, which is why these abilities activate for the AI Turn 1, but not the player until Turn 2.

2. Goons generate AP (if present)

3. Countdown Tiles tick down

4. Active turn
    - the active player (or AI) get to use abilities
    - the active player (or AI) gets to match a tile
    - matching a tile moves onto the next phase

5. Attack tiles activate
    - This includes hidden attack tiles, like Elektra's Ballet of Death.

6. Turn ends
    - priority hands over to the other player

I tend to think of 1-3 as the Start phase, 4 as the Main phase, and 5-6 as the End phase. Most of this stuff is more a technicality, but it does explain why IF/Cage/SW don't get a tile placed until Turn 2 for the player. It's also a bit relevant if you're thinking about a character like Human Torch, where you have two similar abilities (Flame Jet and Inferno), in terms of when the abilities actually hit for damage.

This is incorrect. Elektra's Ballet of Death definitely procs before the player's active turn. I tested with Elektra plus Ant-Man and Torch. You get 3 separate ticks - first the Ants! Ants! Ants! and Ballet of Death, then Flame Jet once its turn comes with all the rest of the CDs on the board. So, I really don't understand what these "hidden attack tiles" are. There are abilities which say "deal damage at the start of the turn" such as Ants! Ants! Ants! and Ballet of Death, but those definitely don't proc when attack tiles do (after the player's turn).

Two points:
    1) The devs have been messing with order of operations a lot recently, which may have invalidated the old information (which was tested and seemed correct at the time of posting)
    2) The order of characters in your roster can also impact the order with which powers fire. In case of a tie between precedence of powers, your front character will go first, then left, then right.

We'll need to investigate, then update the FAQ as needed. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Time to update with SHIELD Clearance level info? Or did I miss that?
  • Panchopilla
    Panchopilla Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    When let´s play anytimes left out to desktop ...... and lose the game and "rosters", have captures for show it, how repair it ?
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    This super-useful spreadsheet of ISO leveling costs probably should get linked somewhere until (more likely if) the upsell button ever goes away.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    Can't believe nobody's bothered to answer this yet....
    24. Can I play on more than one device?

It is possible to play one account on both an iOS and an Android device, or on two devices of the same type, if your account uses the "save backup data to Facebook" option. Enable that option on your main device, and make sure it backs up. (The options screen will give you a check mark if your data has successfully been backed up.) Install MPQ on the second device. Find your way to the settings screen, and activate Facebook backup on that device as well. (Note that you may have to play some of the prologue matches to get to a point where you can access the settings screen.) Then QUIT the second device MPQ -- preferably by force-quitting. When you reopen MPQ on the second device, your account should synch to it, and everything (covers, level, etc.) should be the same as on the initial device. After that point, each device will update to the "latest" status for you upon opening.

It is possible to play one Steam-based account on multiple devices; your game data is stored and backed up by the Steam client, and updated to any other Steam client you are logged into.

You cannot play on two devices at the same time, however -- only one device can be logged in to your MPQ account at any given time.

It is (currently) not possible to play a mobile-OS-based account on Steam, or vice versa.
  • bugjp2
    bugjp2 Posts: 1
    Ok so I couldn't find a post about the iso- 8...... yes I know there was an update that removed the option to use excess iso- 8 for buying the 1* to 3* covers but my question is why..... obtaining the covers we want or need if you want to get technical is very scarce and those that are holding hundreds and thousands of iso - 8 that's just sitting on the shelf with no use even for those hero's that you don't have room for its just I don't know
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bugjp2 wrote:
    Ok so I couldn't find a post about the iso- 8...... yes I know there was an update that removed the option to use excess iso- 8 for buying the 1* to 3* covers but my question is why..... obtaining the covers we want or need if you want to get technical is very scarce and those that are holding hundreds and thousands of iso - 8 that's just sitting on the shelf with no use even for those hero's that you don't have room for its just I don't know
    They removed the standard token purchase option when they launched the bonus hero system, and I suspect the two are related. Due to probabilities, every 3* pull from standard tokens will yield a Bonus Hero, so conceivably it would be possible to abuse the system by setting someone (a newly released threestar maybe?) as your bonus hero and then just open standard tokens until they got enough bonus covers.
    Also, hundreds of thousands of ISO really isn't that much in the long run. It takes around 120K ISO to max a threestar (so five million ISO just to max all threestars), and 360K ISO to max out a fourstar (so Another four million just to max the 12 currently available in tokens, then Another 12 million or so to max all the old ones). Be patient and you will find uses for that ISO.