CP trade in dissapointment

2»

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    I'm feeling like it may have been a better idea to just give out a few more possible legendary tokens per 2 week period then it is to add a new currency that revolved around legendary tokens.

Seems to be re-inventing the wheel to solve a somewhat simple problem.

They also can be used to outright buy 5* covers. Pretty sure they will find new things to do with them in the future.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    I'm feeling like it may have been a better idea to just give out a few more possible legendary tokens per 2 week period then it is to add a new currency that revolved around legendary tokens.

I think you need to reassess what the "simple problem" is. From your perspective, the problem is you're not getting enough stuff fast enough. That's not the problem the devs are looking to solve. They're trying to increase purchases. "to just give out a few more possible legendary tokens per 2 week period" does absolutely nothing to solve that problem.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    simonsez wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

I think you need to reassess what the "simple problem" is. From your perspective, the problem is you're not getting enough stuff fast enough. That's not the problem the devs are looking to solve. They're trying to increase purchases. "to just give out a few more possible legendary tokens per 2 week period" does absolutely nothing to solve that problem.

This is a very fair point. I too want people to make purchases, but only people who feel like playing feel like paying. I see a problem in which long time players who DO pay (like myself) are feeling like its not worth the investment anymore. I like the idea of 50 cp to buy a 4* cover of your choice, and keep the token at 25 cp. The point is to keep long timers and 4* transitioners playing who feel like quitting. The theory is the company will make more money this way.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

Happy players spend more money.

I feel fairly sure this is a method solely to speed up the transition from 3-4 and 4 to 5, while adding a second equally ludicrous method of making 5 stars monetary but 'not really'.

And to not subvert the point, because I can't buy 3 star covers, this doesn't apply to me personally. So the best way to speed up the 4 to 5 and 3 to 4 from where I'm standing is giving players more ways to earn 5 stars. All this does is still allow avenues for those who'd like to spend A-L-O-T of money, in groups, to buy 5 star covers slowly, while providing a slow but steady way to legendary packs and eventually solely to 5 star covers. It's also the only currency that's not directly purchasable in game.

Unlike a lot of other games, money isn't a permanent solution here. You've just said you get enough HP in 2 weeks to buy 4 star covers, yet I'd imagine a good number of players within the same level of play as you don't quite hesitate to purchase covers for 4 stars that seem good. The rewards of them making steady progress doesn't stop spending there, so I'm confused as to how more rewards would slow spending.

I feel pretty confident that someone would be more likely to buy covers 11,12 and 13 for multiple characters then the likelihood of buying 4-13 all at once for a single one. If you follow, but we'll all see what they have planned for this in time.