Randomness of covers dropped tremendously in the last patch

Love the game - great to get a fresh version of Puzzle Quest with my favorite Marvel heroes (and villains) involved!

But wow, the randomness of getting a cover in campaign mode really dropped since the most recent patch. Was it intentional to lower the chances to improve your team that much? I must say it decreases my enjoyability (and the replayability) of the game considerably.

I hope you'll consider raising the chances to get a comic cover in the campaign up - if not to the original levels, then at least a little bit more than it is currently!

Thanks!

Comments

• That's funny I thought my streak of 20 Iso rewards was just bad luck...interesting to see someone else report it. Wouldn't surprise me after yesterday.
  • I thought I was just having really bad luck as well! Some battles are really annoying to begin with, lowering the chances of getting the covers for winning makes it even worse, especially when you only get 20 iso
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023
    test test test
  • Yup I noticed it too. Been trying to win the last cover of a mission for 6 attempts do far!

I'm guessing that you have like a 10% chance to win each cover, so if 4 rewards left its 40% chance over all, but when your down to last on its 10%

I'm all for fairness and replay ability etc. need to play some more before I decide if drop rate is too low at the moment, but a slight increase may be needed, especially on hard missions
  • Yeah 20 iso is waay too low. I could see those on the tutorial missions but having it still be 20 even on hard ones is pretty ridiculous. especially when it now takes about 500-700 to level up one of my guys once.
  • Yeah, got 20 ISO 3 times in row, in a mission where I only gotten one good drop.
  • I agree, the drop rate is ridiculous now. If the ISO reward was something more substantial (even 50 ISO), I don't think I would mind it but at 20, it takes 4 to 7 battles to equal one PvP battle which seems way out of sync. Maybe a solution is that while there are still covers to collect, the non-cover ISO rewards are higher but once all the covers are collected for a missions, the ISO reward drops to 20 that way easy levels can't be farmed for substantial ISO rewards.
  • The last couple of levels seem to have better drop rates for the covers and for boosts as well, I was able to get all 4 covers in 4 tries for the last boss. I also got a boost after each battle. Could just be lucky though.
  • Currently 5 20 ISO drops straight on "Swords to Plowshares" with 2/4 rewards claimed.

So if evenly weighted drops(have we heard anything of weighted drops in this game?) thats approx 3% chance of that happening...
  • Yeah getting more 20 ISO drops as seems appropriate for the distribution %.
  • Initially I thought the drop rates were just better for the tutorial so you could build a proper team to pvp with but it looks like I'm replaying things over and over with nothing to show for it but downed heroes lol. I think I agree that if the drop rate won't change then at least increase the default prize to something like 40-60 iso-8. This way you get something rewarding for all the time you put in replaying battles.
  • Yeah, it's definitely not worth it to play single player for any reason at all once you get all of the prizes. There is no incentive at all as 20 iso won't get you anything. Hell, I wouldn't be happy with anything short of 100 iso since at higher levels you need a lot more to do anything at all
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    Yeah, it's definitely not worth it to play single player for any reason at all once you get all of the prizes. There is no incentive at all as 20 iso won't get you anything. Hell, I wouldn't be happy with anything short of 100 iso since at higher levels you need a lot more to do anything at all

We hadn't changed anything in the drop charts from the launch of the game and our analytics aren't showing any marked change in the types of drops players have been receiving from the start of game till now. That being said, naturally we'll monitor this. As well, we've got some changes coming up that should help with this specific situation in any case. We agree, while it's fun to go back and beat down earlier enemies in a couple turns, it's not fun to do it 12 times in a row because the RNG just decides you shouldn't get that last reward.
  • IceIX wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    Yeah, it's definitely not worth it to play single player for any reason at all once you get all of the prizes. There is no incentive at all as 20 iso won't get you anything. Hell, I wouldn't be happy with anything short of 100 iso since at higher levels you need a lot more to do anything at all

We hadn't changed anything in the drop charts from the launch of the game and our analytics aren't showing any marked change in the types of drops players have been receiving from the start of game till now. That being said, naturally we'll monitor this. As well, we've got some changes coming up that should help with this specific situation in any case. We agree, while it's fun to go back and beat down earlier enemies in a couple turns, it's not fun to do it 12 times in a row because the RNG just decides you shouldn't get that last reward.

Awesome, news. Thanks IceIX. icon_e_smile.gif
  • sweet, something to look forward to
  • hogunner wrote:
    I agree, the drop rate is ridiculous now. If the ISO reward was something more substantial (even 50 ISO), I don't think I would mind it but at 20, it takes 4 to 7 battles to equal one PvP battle which seems way out of sync. Maybe a solution is that while there are still covers to collect, the non-cover ISO rewards are higher but once all the covers are collected for a missions, the ISO reward drops to 20 that way easy levels can't be farmed for substantial ISO rewards.

I think this is a great solution. That way you guys can still make some money and we don't have to pull our hair out trying to get that last cover. Gets pretty demoralizing.
  • Hi, i was curious about the droprate of covers as well so i did a little statistic. I wrote down every time i got a cover or ISO in dependency of the covers i already got in the mission. Here my results:

0/4 covers: I always got a new cover, so cover drop rate 100%

1/4 covers: I got 21 covers and 8 ISO, so cover drop rate ca. 72,4%

2/4 covers: I got 18 covers and 15 ISO, so cover drop rate ca. 54,5%

3/4 covers: I got 21 covers and 59 ISO, so cover drop rate 26,25%

with these numbers my hypothesis was validated: Every time you do a mission, the system rolls a dice and you get one of the 4 rewards. If a reward is rolled you already have you get ISO instead. But would be interesting if this is really right (but with next patch they want to chance something so it is not this important icon_e_smile.gif )