DDQ 1* character

2»

Comments

• jdoe893
    jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Between DDQ and Balance of Power as well as that 3*, 2*, 1* format, you should probably keep at least 4 1*'s. I recommend Juggs, Spidey, IM40, Storm
    there goes my shiny imcoin.png
  • jdoe893
    ddvrom wrote:
    Juggernaut is just so much better at clearing that node. Mine is at like level 35 or something and 6 red AP ALWAYS one shots any character. It's definitely the best character to use. I built up a 5/3/5 1* spiderman just to play with him and figure I'll dump him when I don't feel like paying for another roster slot some time. Or wait and see how fun he is in the PVP where everyone is leveled to 270.

D
    juggs it is then
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Between DDQ and Balance of Power as well as that 3*, 2*, 1* format, you should probably keep at least 4 1*'s. I recommend Juggs, Spidey, IM40, Storm

i know IM40 is not the best.., but calling him a 1* is just plain rude!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I used to have these 4 on my roster but Spidey lost out in the number crunch. You don't really need to have 3 1*s hanging around though. Juggs is the only one worth anything in Balance of Power, and when's the last time they ran Combined Arms? Heck, with all of the 4*s around now, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't run that one again.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Frasaria wrote:
    no please no.
    Now i already wasted 1 slot to a 1 star character that i only use for the daily quest. I dont want to waste two slots only to 1 star characters that i never use.

And this is one of the two functions of the 1* DDQ:

- To give new F2P players a level they can beat/learn the game on a daily basis after going through Prologue.
    - To encourage vets to keep a few 1* characters on their rosters, thereby speeding up an extra roster slot purchase.

Skipping the 1* round was good until tonight. Now with ComPos on the line this week, everyone would do well to have 1-2 1*s on their roster.

As was listed above, Juggernaut is a good pick, as he's not copied anywhere else (yet), and he has a power (green) that needs covers, but not levels, to increase. I use Storm and IM, but only because they go up to 50, have offensive powers, and because I already had them.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    No juggs on my roster.. IM35 .. can solo the 1* node easily.

This was me until I kept hearing about how handy juggs was during the Galactus event. Doing a slow build of one now, don't know if I'll get rid of IM though. He was my first to max out, it'd be like disowning your first born child.
  • jdoe893
    smkspy wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

This was me until I kept hearing about how handy juggs was during the Galactus event. Doing a slow build of one now, don't know if I'll get rid of IM though. He was my first to max out, it'd be like disowning your first born child.
    i really hate the baddies..now i have to grow one icon_lol.gif
  • jdoe893
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

i know IM40 is not the best.., but calling him a 1* is just plain rude!
    thats how players look at IM40 icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Demiurge were really sneaky, they'd add 2* variants of each 1* - or simply include 1*s to the opponent pool for that node to force players to keep a minimum of 2 1* characters rostered if they don't want to miss out on ISO.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:
    If Demiurge were really sneaky, they'd add 2* variants of each 1* - or simply include 1*s to the opponent pool for that node to force players to keep a minimum of 2 1* characters rostered if they don't want to miss out on ISO.

ShutupshutupshutUP!!!
  • GMadMan040 wrote:
    By using him just once a day, no lie, Juggs gets more use than at least half my current roster of 67 slots. And if he is boosted in any kind of event, he'll get a turn in some low-level node or seed match. And whenever Balance of Power rolls around. He's kind of the perfectly designed character. Tank, cheap AP heavy-hitter and chaos creator. Exactly what it says on the tin.

As was stated earlier - Juggs is love. Juggs is life. (There's a high quality cult somewhere in that philosophy.)
    This and DP on the first node is what make both my most used characters for sure.
  • smkspy wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

This was me for maybe as much as a week (quite a sting to dumping built heroes), and then little Tony IM35 became just another casualty essentially lost to my significantly substantial pile of forgotten youthful indiscretions. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC