DDQ 1* character

jdoe893
jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
so the popular character for 1* in ddq is undeniably juggs

here is the thing,i cant really complete all the nodes when my opposing team has spidey in it since my 1* is spidey (and i love his purple power)

and thats not the case for juggs user,juggs user never face juggs

devs should look into this matter as i believe players have the option to use which character they like the most as not limiting them to only use the popular ones

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Storm and Hawkeye have the same issue. I don't think Black Widow shows up in the one-star node though.
    Not sure what the "looking into it" would lead to though. A "sucks to be you, I guess", maybe?
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    jdoe893 wrote:

here is the thing,i cant really complete all the nodes when my opposing team has spidey in it since my 1* is spidey (and i love his purple power)

devs should look into this matter as i believe players have the option to use which character they like the most as not limiting them to only use the popular ones

I think the opponent in the 1* node is always a 2* character. Thus you can face Storm, Hawkeye, or Spidey (Bag-Man), but there's no 2* Juggs to lock you out.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_idea.gif There is an option to purchase additional roster slots for characters you do not have but I heard it is rather costly and the price increases after each slots. You might want to look into this.
  • Ironman is my only 1* cover and because there is no 2* equivalent I'm never locked out. For a while there I thought that everyone faced that node with only one cover icon_e_wink.gif
  • jdoe893
    jdoe893 wrote:

I think the opponent in the 1* node is always a 2* character. Thus you can face Storm, Hawkeye, or Spidey (Bag-Man), but there's no 2* Juggs to lock you out.
    2* jugs incoming icon_rolleyes.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Headbut - main opponent dead. Match match board shake - goon dead. match match board shake - goon dead

*************************WINNER!**************************

Why trade juggs when 1 * node is so easy with him?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    No juggs on my roster.. IM35 .. can solo the 1* node easily.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

I think with the exception of Yelena and Black Widow they can all ace the 1* node when levelled and covered.

Juggs also came in handy during Galactus Hungers those cheap board shakes were a god send
  • jdoe893
    Headbut - main opponent dead. Match match board shake - goon dead. match match board shake - goon dead

*************************WINNER!**************************

Why trade juggs when 1 * node is so easy with him?
    at maxed spideys purple can down all 3 opponent,save on turn icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's why I kept IM35 even after I rostered 1* Spidey. Gots to have that 2500 ISO every handful of days.
  • Wait, there are other 1* characters besides Juggs? icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • jdoe893
    DFiPL wrote:
    That's why I kept IM35 even after I rostered 1* Spidey. Gots to have that 2500 ISO every handful of days.
    and got to have that command point,thats why everyone deserve to get that fair chance,not everybody want to keep all the 1*
  • no please no.
    Now i already wasted 1 slot to a 1 star character that i only use for the daily quest. I dont want to waste two slots only to 1 star characters that i never use.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just buy more roster slots. If you need HP you can just buy it - there should be a button in the top right-hand corner. Demiurge have made sure that players always have a lot of options available to them to buy more HP in all aspects of the game and at all levels of play.

Edit: Oh, um, seriously though? Just roster Juggernaut and you can trash the rest once you've got a few 2* characters. Juggernaut is love. Juggernaut is life.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frasaria wrote:
    no please no.
    Now i already wasted 1 slot to a 1 star character that i only use for the daily quest. I dont want to waste two slots only to 1 star characters that i never use.
    I don't consider 2500 ISO a day a waste. Being able to do the one-star mission is one of the most cost effective uses of HP in the game.
  • By using him just once a day, no lie, Juggs gets more use than at least half my current roster of 67 slots. And if he is boosted in any kind of event, he'll get a turn in some low-level node or seed match. And whenever Balance of Power rolls around. He's kind of the perfectly designed character. Tank, cheap AP heavy-hitter and chaos creator. Exactly what it says on the tin.

As was stated earlier - Juggs is love. Juggs is life. (There's a high quality cult somewhere in that philosophy.)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

I think with the exception of Yelena and Black Widow they can all ace the 1* node when levelled and covered.

Juggs also came in handy during Galactus Hungers those cheap board shakes were a god send

I've never tried with Yelena, but Widow easily clears the 1* node (I tried it back when you could manually select teammates and it didn't do it by default for you a few patches back). I would think Yelena could do it as well with just match damage. She may be near-dead by the end, but...what else are you using Yelena for that you couldn't wait to heal her.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    This a great topic! I was just toying with placing a 1* back on my roster due to the command points. Thanks for saving me a headache! I was about to recruit 1* Spidey!
  • Juggernaut is just so much better at clearing that node. Mine is at like level 35 or something and 6 red AP ALWAYS one shots any character. It's definitely the best character to use. I built up a 5/3/5 1* spiderman just to play with him and figure I'll dump him when I don't feel like paying for another roster slot some time. Or wait and see how fun he is in the PVP where everyone is leveled to 270.

D
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between DDQ and Balance of Power as well as that 3*, 2*, 1* format, you should probably keep at least 4 1*'s. I recommend Juggs, Spidey, IM40, Storm