Undocumented (?) R87 change, and other musings

2»

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    This needs to be STICKIED and COMMENTED on.
  • wafflefries
    wafflefries Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Not sure if it's just me but I got hit by 2 Moonstone gravity warps and each time was dealt damage instead of her warping my fist tile. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else.
  • i noticed my mmr goes up, which mean SS/buster fest again
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    2) Someone commented earlier about lag when a fist tile is supposed to lash out, and I think I've figured out what's going on there. The game is assigning all the damage BEFORE the fist tile, AFTER the match-whatever, and then it animates. If someone else wants to watch that and see if they see the same thing, that might be the cause.

Good observation.

Since history has shown that we cannot have nice things, I'm going to tin-foil hat speculate that the lag is due to it accessing what the strongest color now is for the other team and allowing time for the text to be updated.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:
    So I was playing a fight or two in the Heroic to try out my shiny new X-23. Had Fury on the team because, well, Heroic and limited roster. Noticed that his purple calls out the enemy team's strongest color when in combat. Went into prologue, added Wolverine 4* to the team, and checked that. His black has the same call-out.

I don't remember seeing this before the R87 patch, so that may be a case of 'thing people have asked for but we're not going to tell them it's there.'

Either way, I've either been blind and the result is a pleasant surprise, or it's an undocumented thing that people will (should) be happy to see and I thought I'd call attention to it.

Thank you Devs this was a great fix/addition to the game!!
  • Deegamah
    Deegamah Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I took a picture when I first saw it, to make sure I wasn't the only one. This is what it looks like on iOS:
    http://i.imgur.com/mD4bUSy.jpg
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    This needs to be STICKIED and COMMENTED on.

The devs have seen the threads in the bugs forum, and the release notes thread they created. No need to put more up there.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    4) Mods, please don't move this.
    Is this reverse psychology? Because this really makes me want to move the thread. Possibly repeatedly.

But anyway, I was gonna leave it here anyway because it's more of a meta-post about changes in R87 which happens to include a bug mentioned elsewhere (great job not reading the parts of the forum where this is discussed in detail). It's as on-topic in general as the R87 patch notes that you could have just replied to.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    4) Mods, please don't move this.
    Is this reverse psychology? Because this really makes me want to move the thread. Possibly repeatedly.

But anyway, I was gonna leave it here anyway because it's more of a meta-post about changes in R87 which happens to include a bug mentioned elsewhere (great job not reading the parts of the forum where this is discussed in detail). It's as on-topic in general as the R87 patch notes that you could have just replied to.

1) I posted this pretty soon after the patch rolled out, which means there hadn't been much discussion of it yet (great job reading the posts you're supposed to be moderating Mr. passive-aggressive).
    2) I read the patch notes. as discussed in some of the other meta threads about location, people don't read much beyond the first page or two before they ask the same question that's been asked seven times in the same thread. As I said elsewhere, human nature = lazy. Knowing that, I figured there was a better (if not exactly GOOD) chance of that information getting disseminated in a "here's what I've seen" thread than in a thread that...well, we've been over that.
    3) No, that wasn't reverse psychology. That was "yes I know there's a mention of a bug *gasp* but that isn't the point of this thread, I'm just throwing it in here with the rest of the stuff."