Undocumented (?) R87 change, and other musings

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I was playing a fight or two in the Heroic to try out my shiny new X-23. Had Fury on the team because, well, Heroic and limited roster. Noticed that his purple calls out the enemy team's strongest color when in combat. Went into prologue, added Wolverine 4* to the team, and checked that. His black has the same call-out.

I don't remember seeing this before the R87 patch, so that may be a case of 'thing people have asked for but we're not going to tell them it's there.'

Either way, I've either been blind and the result is a pleasant surprise, or it's an undocumented thing that people will (should) be happy to see and I thought I'd call attention to it.

Other stuff:

1) text size seems to jump around for ISO and HP quantities. Is anybody else noticing that? Like, it's decent-sized on the roster screen (expected), smallish to fit into the tiny spot allotted on an event screen (expected) and still tiny on the overworld screen (which...there's plenty of room there?).

2) Someone commented earlier about lag when a fist tile is supposed to lash out, and I think I've figured out what's going on there. The game is assigning all the damage BEFORE the fist tile, AFTER the match-whatever, and then it animates. If someone else wants to watch that and see if they see the same thing, that might be the cause.

3) I'm guessing the 'easier to press train' is a mobile thing? I haven't noticed any differences on Steam.

4) Mods, please don't move this. The main intent is "hey folks I think there's a new thing that isn't in the patch notes." The "bug" in 2) is just incidental because someone else mentioned it and I think I mighta figured out what was causing that. If you really want that bit in the bug forums, feel free to excise it and post something there, but I'd really rather the rest of the post stay in general discussion WHERE I WILL BE ABLE TO FIND IT AGAIN.

Comments

• nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    On Android, still trying to figure out what's new about the Train button too.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    nic13 wrote:
    On Android, still trying to figure out what's new about the Train button too.

Yeah I'm finding it no easier to press... icon_razz.gif
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    DFiPL wrote:
    So I was playing a fight or two in the Heroic to try out my shiny new X-23. Had Fury on the team because, well, Heroic and limited roster. Noticed that his purple calls out the enemy team's strongest color when in combat. Went into prologue, added Wolverine 4* to the team, and checked that. His black has the same call-out.

This change is amaaaaaaazziiiiing.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Am I imagining things or is there now a slightly longer delay between matching tiles and an attack tile activating (at least with Iron Fist on iOS). A bit annoying.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I've only recently noticed that the Victory banner at the end of the match sure seems a lot sparklier.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:

2) Someone commented earlier about lag when a fist tile is supposed to lash out, and I think I've figured out what's going on there. The game is assigning all the damage BEFORE the fist tile, AFTER the match-whatever, and then it animates. If someone else wants to watch that and see if they see the same thing, that might be the cause.

This makes me wonder if the devs are playing around with the order-of-operations, either to fix a previously reported issue, or to deal with some new kind of tile function that is yet to be revealed.
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Am I imagining things or is there now a slightly longer delay between matching tiles and an attack tile activating (at least with Iron Fist on iOS). A bit annoying.
    Happens here too (Android), very very annoying. Hope they fix this.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    TU inventory counter has been removed, 20 TU limit is still in place
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I thought the same thing. Using storm I had a bunch of attack tiles that looked like they weren't damaging, but it was really just assigning the damage early, in time with the match damage.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I've noticed 4DP's Countdown for What processes a lot slower now. The name of the power pops up for each CD that gets matched. Really annoying.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    If screen is locked while in a game it will always pause when you come back to it (android - not sure about apple). Not a huge issue, but when I'm covertly grinding nodes at my desk it adds time!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nicely spotted about the "best colour" thing showing up in the ability's description. Probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise =)

but yeah, that pause before attack tiles fire is gonna be a pest. Bad enough they still haven't fixed the insane lag when certain countdown timers fire off (Gosh darn flamethrower).
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably best ninja update in the history of the game. It's pretty useful.
  • Did the strongest color description apply to all relevant skills (Blade, cyc, etc?)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did the strongest color description apply to all relevant skills (Blade, cyc, etc?)

Definitely works for Blade, Cyke, Kingpin and XFW too.
  • Crowl wrote:
    Did the strongest color description apply to all relevant skills (Blade, cyc, etc?)

Definitely works for Blade, Cyke, Kingpin and XFW too.
    That's great to hear.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This makes me wonder if the devs are playing around with the order-of-operations, either to fix a previously reported issue, or to deal with some new kind of tile function that is yet to be revealed.
    Quick, someone kill a Tesiatsu with an attack tile and see if it triggers turn to smoke.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards

I've only checked Fury and WXF, but it would stand to reason.
  • I just played an entire match where attack tiles from ninjas did no damage to me. Anyone else seen this post R87?
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    deiXide wrote:
    I just played an entire match where attack tiles from ninjas did no damage to me. Anyone else seen this post R87?

They did damage, it's just not showing in the correct order.