5 Star Jean Grey and New Game Currency Just Announced!

2»

Comments

• GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm over-all a bit underwhelmed but maybe I'm missing something.

Old-man logans power changes should have gone to jean.
    Countdown based power for a character named after reincarnation seems kinda interesting but weak, as someone above said save her for last, what happens.

At this point in the game too, 5 star stuff just feels too far away to care.

The interesting thing, the points aren't talked about enough, but also seem underwhelming. Why introduce a system through the whole game (points for everything from what I'm reading) that only apply to 4 and 5 star stuff?
  • I don't think the leaked 720 cps cost for a 5* cover was the final number tho.
  • Hayek
    Hayek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    I'm curious about how Phoenix's green passive is going to work. Can it be circumvented by simply saving her for last? Or does the game not end in defeat as long as the countdown is on the board? I really hope it's the latter, but I have a feeling it's not.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay more 5 stars to throw off people trying to build up their four stars...it's just reinforcing the LT system with no solution for the problem 5 stars give to transitioning rosters.

Like Jean being added, but I think they could develop a great game event around the Phoenix character. We needed 4 star archangel before 5 star jean.
  • GurlBYE
    Actually more thinking, very underwhelmed with her, but it's not like I'll be playing her before other 5 stars are introduced, or even a 6 star tier for that matter so don't care too much.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    So she puts down a red countdown tile, and you basically have 1 turn to disarm the bomb (since its doubtful anyone will give up the revive on a 5*).
    Now comes the question...
    If she is the last person alive and dies in this way, does the match end or does the countdown still provide the chance?

Nope the match does not end. You have X turns to destroy the CD or she will be back to life, regardless if she is the last character standing.

This means, no one will want to face her in PVP, even at only 1 Green cover because that will extend time. End game cascades already extend the time, now we have Phoenix's CD sitting there and if you don't destroy she returns with up to 50% health. Insane.

Keep in mind that we have not gained any new characters (Besides Jean Grey) that can destroy CD tiles. Characters such as She Hulk and Doc Oct lost those abilities but you wouldn't bring a 3* against a 5*. Off the top of my head that leaves 4* Thor's yellow BUT you only have that ability at 5 covers and no one has a 5 yellow Thor by choice.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't see the turn not ending if she is the last one dead and her CD tile being on the board. That makes absolutely no sense. All CD tiles End when the last person dies whether they own them or not. IF attack tile stays after he dies, but doesn't keep the match alive until you clear it... etc.

If it is the case... that's a bit ridiculous... better save a shield throw from Cap to overwrite it after killing her.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Wouldn't SS black hole take care of the CD tile?
  • GurlBYE
    Blahahah wrote:
    So she puts down a red countdown tile, and you basically have 1 turn to disarm the bomb (since its doubtful anyone will give up the revive on a 5*).
    Now comes the question...
    If she is the last person alive and dies in this way, does the match end or does the countdown still provide the chance?

Nope the match does not end. You have X turns to destroy the CD or she will be back to life, regardless if she is the last character standing.

This means, no one will want to face her in PVP, even at only 1 Green cover because that will extend time. End game cascades already extend the time, now we have Phoenix's CD sitting there and if you don't destroy she returns with up to 50% health. Insane.

Keep in mind that we have not gained any new characters (Besides Jean Grey) that can destroy CD tiles. Characters such as She Hulk and Doc Oct lost those abilities but you wouldn't bring a 3* against a 5*. Off the top of my head that leaves 4* Thor's yellow BUT you only have that ability at 5 covers and no one has a 5 yellow Thor by choice.

4 star cyclops destroys rows
    Super popular grey suit widow can destroy A LOT of tiles
    Star lord
    But there's also the factor of all of the lower stared characters skills that can be used as a team up that also have board destroying properties, like storm, Juggernaut, Black widow's which also gives more time to sort it out, MN magneto, loki's shuffle, the thing, hood yellow, captain america tosses as far a down to 1 star hawkeye

The game doesn't lack board destruction.
  • Punisher5784
    JVReal wrote:
    I can't see the turn not ending if she is the last one dead and her CD tile being on the board. That makes absolutely no sense. All CD tiles End when the last person dies whether they own them or not. IF attack tile stays after he dies, but doesn't keep the match alive until you clear it... etc.

If it is the case... that's a bit ridiculous... better save a shield throw from Cap to overwrite it after killing her.

But hers gets placed AFTER she dies.. she's probably coded in the game to still be alive but "stunned" for X turns. Then the CD gives her life or if the CD is destroyed it kills her

5*'s are going to have abilities that no one else has.. think of them as Planeswalkers in Magic the Gathering
  • Phoenix stares down, about to snuff the life from our heroes on her way to destroying the world. The x-men lie in tatters, trying to come up with some way to stop her, to end the suffering, to...

... and RedWing swoops out of the sky. The End.
  • why cant we buy 3 star covers with command points ... icon_e_sad.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Frasaria wrote:
    why cant we buy 3 star covers with command points ... icon_e_sad.gif

Who said we couldn't..?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    players that back up their save using our Facebook save system will get some

Oh horray! Yet another time steam users get hosed!

Unless they are insane then you'd hope it was the case that steam users would also get those points and this was just poor phrasing in that interview.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Official Thread is up! Please continue discussions there! Locking this one. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34833
This discussion has been closed.