5 Star Jean Grey and New Game Currency Just Announced!

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool.

Sounds like command points can be used to directly purchase 5* covers, but not 4*. Have to decide between cashing in for a pull on the slot machine or hoarding for the direct buy. Easy decision for me with only 1 covered 4*, but for a lot of people that's going to be a tough decision. Especially if the cost of that single 5* cover is as high as they make it sound.
  • "Very few other beings in Marvel can stand up to the overwhelming power that a Phoenix-powered Jean brings to the table."

LIKE OML RIGHT, RIGHT?!
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Kudos to the devs for acknowledging that there needs to be something other than LTs to get us to 5* land! Also, major kudos for giving out so many points to start, especially rewarding people who have supported this game with purchases!
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    PHOENIX!!!!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    So she is greenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png
    SS is blackflag.pngblueflag.pngredflag.png
    And OML is yellowflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png

You could technically have a rainbow 5* team now.

Yet still no Elixir.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jean Grey (Phoenix) is a Green/Purple/Red character

That's a new color combination
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jean Grey (Phoenix) is a Green/Purple/Red character

That's a new color combination
    <insert ISWYDT meme here>
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    It looks like it takes 720 command points to level up a 5-star. And you can buy leg tokens for 25. So you could buy 28.8 leg tokens at the same price and at 10% drop rate you would get 2.88 5-stars from those. So noone is going to use the level up feature unless it's the last cover they need.
  • Blahahah
    poomermon wrote:
    It looks like it takes 720 command points to level up a 5-star. And you can buy leg tokens for 25. So you could buy 28.8 leg tokens at the same price and at 10% drop rate you would get 2.88 5-stars from those. So noone is going to use the level up feature unless it's the last cover they need.

If percentages worked like that, then honestly no one would ever lose a gamble.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    So now we know why they moved the Health Pack readout, eh?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I kind of called her having an ability that lets her die and come back to life with a new skill, although I didn't get it entirely correct.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34132&hilit=+phoenix
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Command points still need a very thorough explanation. Including a list of all the ways in which you can earn them, and if you'll be able to directly buy 4* covers too.

Jean looks interesting and appropriately powerful, and I have to say that her art is some of the best we've seen in the game yet, really good job on that.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I think the new currency will be a great addition.
    But dissapointed to see another month go by with 0 emphasis on expanding the gameplay variety outside of more characters.
  • Blahahah
    So she puts down a red countdown tile, and you basically have 1 turn to disarm the bomb (since its doubtful anyone will give up the revive on a 5*).
    Now comes the question...
    If she is the last person alive and dies in this way, does the match end or does the countdown still provide the chance?
  • poomermon wrote:

Or if they really, really hate luck.

Just look at all the people waiting to get 300 Tacos before they open their vaults.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    I hope there's no way to buy Command Points outright. If there is, anyone who's not a whale might as well just quit right now.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    colwag wrote:
    poomermon wrote:

Or if they really, really hate luck.

Just look at all the people waiting to get 300 Tacos before they open their vaults.

Specific covers are always better than random ones, especially in the vault situation where you don't have to worry about duplicates.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    players that back up their save using our Facebook save system will get some

Oh horray! Yet another time steam users get hosed!
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2015
    I have to say...I believe this to be an excellent start to bringing this game back to its former glory.....now just fix it so i can only be hit once in pvp while im fighting and we're talking!! (Phoenix is a much more appropriate choice for 5* than OML...I like it being incredibly powerful chars like SS....just my opinion)

Also, I wasn't aware I could back up my game through FB. How is this accomplished? Because it sounds like a no-brainer even w/o the incentive...thanks

Oops....I'm on steam, not my phone, sounds like this isn't for me... icon_cry.gif
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    players that back up their save using our Facebook save system will get some

Oh horray! Yet another time steam users get hosed!

Same as it ever was. Seems like they're piling on now though. icon_e_wink.gif
This discussion has been closed.