[POLL] Do we still want multiple PvP shards?

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering that the old standard ending time was 6AM my time, I much prefer the new system. Under the old system, I'd throw up an 8 hour shield before going to bed and then hope it would lead to decent placement. Shards let me improve my play immensely.

There's definitely an issue of some shards having higher scores than others, in particular for season placement. I would not be opposed to a system that locks you in a certain time slot for the entire PvP season...
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    time shards should absolutely remain. It's true that they are more important in PVE, but they're quite useful in PVE too, especially if you're not in the US. If they're removed I will be off for the last 8h of two thirds of all PVPs, leaving me unable to react, and forcing me to use a 8h shield in the end. I pretty much hated that.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Lets have one slice, which alternate ends at 3am / 3pm EST. That would do.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember the dark times of 5am/5pm versus end times, they were not fun. One would be excused for thinking I would like the time shards to stay but I don't!

Way back when this was a serious issue I suggested an even easier idea than all this time sharing nonsense and that was to keep versus events to a set time of 62 hours instead of 60 hours, that way no matter your timezone it will eventually give everyone a chance of favourable end times. Personally I would also like to mix it up a hit more and have 1 or 2 events per season with only 1 mahoosive bracket and make it winner take all, but that is because I have an evil mind.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I think the five shards is the perfect number to accommodate everyone. I say keep it!