So who else just stopped playing?

Unknown
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just realized I hadn't played in a few days. No PVE, PVP, not even DDQ. Tried SL once and quit. X-23 isn't exciting and the game just seems boring. I went ahead and played in the Blade PVP and currently sit in first at 300 with 5 hrs. left Really?

Might try getting back into it with the Heroic (or not). Maybe burned out for now or just burned out for good

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm slowing down somewhat. Back in the day I'd play PvE hard because of the 3* characters. I'd aim to get at least two per event.

Now I look at the prize list. "Is it Iron Fist? No? Skip."
    I do PvP for the 1000 point prize and get frustrated when I inadvertently pick a dead slice and end up ranking 20th, whereas a year ago that would make me insanely happy. Now I just groan "Ugh, 900 points. Not enough".

The problem is the 4* transition is so gosh darned slow that the game's ground to a halt. I feel I can't justify pouring so much time into PvE for ONE Legendary token. Only reason I do PvE at all now is for a new 4* just so I can have at least one cover for it. Not that it really matters since it will still take months to even get her in a usable state.
  • I got lucky and spent $$ to get a long in the 4* transition, but it doesn't feel worth it. They need to take a look at another Marvel game or two and get on their level.

This stingy, never-ending grind, and monotonous app on my phone is not a game. It's work. Yikes.

Next part of my gaming budget will go into another game (not mentioning since it's a competitor )
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kept telling myself that if just play through to day 730 and quit - I passed that milestone a few days ago. I had decided to jump into Unstable ISO, since it was my first event, it may add well be my last.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2015
    They need to add new prologues to the game.I have a story that would be available for one week and each day the rewards revolved. It would be a non-competitive event and you would get some Iso and Heroic Token. This would be useful for anyone who casually throws because of time. There is entertainment with new stories and relaxing with a few minutes of the day with the game. For being casual, people would not mind receiving only 2 * characters Heroic Token as a reward because they are just playing for fun.

For those who still plays pve: Abandon weekly events and put more breaks in 48 hours for the events. Grinding addition to tire more so after a day of work or study still spends plenty of time.

For those who play pvp: Refresh individual score every three minutes. The worst thing is to see 47 reward points and receive only 16. Also the points would be proportional to the degree of difficulty of fighting and not the current Player Points.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Went from hitting 1k in every pvp to averaging around 400 to get my season 10 pk today. Got cyc black I don't need and 2* X 9. Not playing pvp anymore. Got my legendary today from pve and got a Thing green that I "need". Puts him at 2-2-4. A month ago I would have been excited for a 4* I need but I'm too far behind to get X-23 and I missed out on 4* cyc (I used to grind at least a top 50 finish for every 4*). Just not excited or motivated to crank it back up. I'm fully covered in 3* land with all but a handful max leveled. I gave up on the Starlord DDQ after 25 healthpacks. You would think with 10 covers it wouldn't be so frustrating to lose 25 in a row. Won't be doing 4* DDQ again. I'll check in to see if they make any changes but I'm barely playing after almost 2 years of grinding everything. I used to LOVE this game and looked forward to every match, refresh, and login. Now I have to remind myself to play.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    My play time has pretty much come to a halt. Dont have the patience anymore to grind out pve for legendary tokens. Considering i dont want to open them just in case i pull a 5* and destroy my scaling.

I need some fist and switch covers and im done with 3* but dont have enough 4* covers on anyone but fury and prof x to be even usuable. Now that there are so many i dont even feel its worth chasing them because it will take so long.

I would love a non competitive progression based event to work my way through when i can. I dont expect massive rewards. Just a way to slowly build a roster and still enjoy the game. After 535 days it just way to stale.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mods, can we just have a sub-board to dump all these sad-**** "quitting" threads in? That would be super.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    edited November 2015
    i stopped playing after the introduction of DDQ4 when i realized it was not made to help me transition from 3* to 4* like i had desperately hoped. While i did win the first one i was only realistically going to win maybe 2 others then just lose the rest. i came back briefly for part two of anniversary to see if i could get some Dino pulls, but i started playing future fight until the new way to get 4* is revealed. if it is helpful i may come back, but as of now i am not holding my breath.
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    When game did not allow me play, kept telling me need to down load resources. Never did. Customer service said u install and reinstall. Unfortunately I did. Lost roster, iso, hp. Had to start over. Unless roster, iso, hp can be restored, done. Not worth starting from over. I should have put more thought Into uninstalling.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    Mods, can we just have a sub-board to dump all these sad-**** "quitting" threads in? That would be super.

How is this a sad-**** quit thread? The OP is simply mentioning burnout, which I'm sure applies to the vast majority of vets. You don't want to read threads like this, don't click on it in the first place

As for the original topic, I'm having a heck-care attitude towards the game now. Played till 2460 points in Unstable Iso-8 and couldn't be bothered any more. Not even to hit 8000 for the event token
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    zeddicus wrote:
    When game did not allow me play, kept telling me need to down load resources. Never did. Customer service said u install and reinstall. Unfortunately I did. Lost roster, iso, hp. Had to start over. Unless roster, iso, hp can be restored, done. Not worth starting from over. I should have put more thought Into uninstalling.
    They can bring it all back, do not worry. Even if you didn't have a Facebook backup, they can still bring it all back.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    zeddicus wrote:
    They can bring it all back, do not worry. Even if you didn't have a Facebook backup, they can still bring it all back.
    This is true. It's easier with Facebook backup, but they can still help you without it.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:

How is this a sad-**** quit thread? The OP is simply mentioning burnout, which I'm sure applies to the vast majority of vets. You don't want to read threads like this, don't click on it in the first place

I don't know about you, but when the OP boils down to "I don't play anymore," it sure sounds a lot like a quit thread to me. I been around the block a few times, too, and not only would I argue that "vast majority" is not only hyperbole, but utterly inappropriate. Seems to me that we've got burnout, sure, but it ain't nowhere near majority, let alone "vast."

I'll be honest, though, the latter part of your remark interests me a lot more. I don't want to read threads like this and that's precisely why I bothered to post. Threads like these pop up tiresome regularity, and there is never anything to be gained except a rise in post count for the usual bunch of disgruntled whiners around here. That encourages more of this meaningless drivel, further diluting the already thin-as-piss quality of the average thread around here. There once was a time when meaningful conversation and thoughtful critique of this game was the norm and you could spend an hour reading through just the first page. Now it's hard to find any more than maybe two or three decent threads in a day. And when anything significant happens, good or bad, you can be sure it's at least 2 full pages of crying and ****. That is a sad, sad thing. So I say to the forum and the mods, please make a sub for these sad-**** quit threads. Call it "The Graveyard," and let them all die quietly there.
  • El Satanno wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

I don't know about you, but when the OP boils down to "I don't play anymore," it sure sounds a lot like a quit thread to me. I been around the block a few times, too, and not only would I argue that "vast majority" is not only hyperbole, but utterly inappropriate. Seems to me that we've got burnout, sure, but it ain't nowhere near majority, let alone "vast."

I'll be honest, though, the latter part of your remark interests me a lot more. I don't want to read threads like this and that's precisely why I bothered to post. Threads like these pop up tiresome regularity, and there is never anything to be gained except a rise in post count for the usual bunch of disgruntled whiners around here. That encourages more of this meaningless drivel, further diluting the already thin-as-piss quality of the average thread around here. There once was a time when meaningful conversation and thoughtful critique of this game was the norm and you could spend an hour reading through just the first page. Now it's hard to find any more than maybe two or three decent threads in a day. And when anything significant happens, good or bad, you can be sure it's at least 2 full pages of crying and ****. That is a sad, sad thing. So I say to the forum and the mods, please make a sub for these sad-**** quit threads. Call it "The Graveyard," and let them all die quietly there.

Taking nothing away from the intended point of this post, its wording and design is loaded with some pretty humorous irony.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just hit day 658 play everyday and still enjoy the game. I think the main reason is I'm in a successful really fun alliance. My perspective of the game is to just play and progress at whatever pace I can.

I get top 10 in all new character pves, hit 1300+ every PvP, sometimes I play ddq - sometimes I don't. Old character pves I skip mostly and don't bother with leg token, except Enemy of the State... That one was easy to get.

What I'm trying to say is I just play the game knowing there is no end game. Sometimes things go well sometimes they don't. One hop in blade pvp from 1080 got to 1290 only to see I was hit for -192. It was frustrating, shielded up and tried again later and made 1300. Yea I guess I'm at an easier stage of the game but I paid my dues.

What I don't understand is all these whining posts (El Satanno is right, you guys are whining). If you all are so bored and think the game sucks why are "you" posting in these forums? I don't get it. Why keep saying the same **** over and over? What's the point?

Not every game is for everyone. I guarantee that for every person that complains about MPQ there a number of players enjoying it. They just aren't here posting, they are playing.

I rambled enough..sorry!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

Taking nothing away from the intended point of this post, its wording and design is loaded with some pretty humorous irony.

I'm amused by the fact that the post hasn't been modded yet for offensive remarks. I guess the mods had turned out the lights for the night. icon_lol.gif
  • Players who actually quit don't make melodramatic cries for help. If anything, they tell their alliance why they are quitting and move on. Or they downshift to casual, move on to other games/hobbies, one day of not playing becomes two, and soon it's just another game they used to play.

Like the slow fade in a relationship.

Oh dear god, I'm dating MPQ. My family is going to be so disappointed.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quit threads go in Off Topic.. This sounds simply like burnout, it has happened to many of us.. i took a few weeks off. Came back to find some new stuff.. that re-invigorated me.

Instead of cluttering the forums, just take a break, it can be good for you.. check in once in a while, when some new content or something you like is added or done, hop back in. .there is no rule saying you must play everyday, and your daily rewards do not re-set.. they pick up where you left off.

Who knows, you may find the outside world nifty, or find another game you like better. Nothing wrong with any of it.

But if this is a "i quit" rant, just let me know, and i will move the thread to the appropriate place.

as for :
    puppychow wrote:

I'm amused by the fact that the post hasn't been modded yet for offensive remarks. I guess the mods had turned out the lights for the night. icon_lol.gif

Nothing as far as language, and the other comment was a general and not directed. nothing to see there.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Malcrof wrote:
    Quit threads go in Off Topic.. This sounds simply like burnout, it has happened to many of us.. i took a few weeks off. Came back to find some new stuff.. that re-invigorated me.

Instead of cluttering the forums, just take a break, it can be good for you.. check in once in a while, when some new content or something you like is added or done, hop back in. .there is no rule saying you must play everyday, and your daily rewards do not re-set.. they pick up where you left off.

Who knows, you may find the outside world nifty, or find another game you like better. Nothing wrong with any of it.

But if this is a "i quit" rant, just let me know, and i will move the thread to the appropriate place.

Why do quit threads go in Off Topic? They seem very especially on topic. Is it just that you don't want people to see them?

I can't tell whether the forums have been so slow lately because everyone has given up after anniversary, or if it's because all the topics keep getting moved into little corners where no one will see them.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    OJSP wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:
    I can't tell whether the forums have been so slow lately because everyone has given up after anniversary, or if it's because all the topics keep getting moved into little corners where no one will see them.
    Man, ever since one of your thread got moved to Suggestion and Feedback.. yes, I read it there.. your posts have been intermittently poking fun at that.

I understand if you're unhappy, but you don't need to do what you're doing now, commenting on each post about the possibility of their posts will get moved somewhere else. It's unnecessary and made me want to put you on my ignore list.. which is a shame, because that list has some pretty annoying people and I didn't think you're one of them.

I've had a few posts moved there over the course of time. Yeah, it's annoying. The thing that was really annoying though was getting topics locked because they were tangentially similar to other distinct topics.

Anyway, just look at the view numbers in the General and Suggestion forums. Nowhere close to the same number of people read them.

I think that sometimes moderation is needed, but stringently removing any thread that shares part of a topic with another thread is going too far.

Anyway, sorry to derail, but the point that's on topic here is it's hard to gauge player engagement based on the forums now because the mod policy for the forums has drastically changed recently.