What a difference the right slice makes...

2»

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ludaa wrote:
    Less frontrunners made it more difficult.
    For me the problem was no crazy scorers. If I can make it past 1150, it's usually possible to find folks close to 2k, and do a 2 match hop for 1300. This time around, there wasn't even anyone at 1300 until there were just a few hours left.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:
    Less frontrunners made it more difficult.
    For me the problem was no crazy scorers. If I can make it past 1150, it's usually possible to find folks close to 2k, and do a 2 match hop for 1300. This time around, there wasn't even anyone at 1300 until there were just a few hours left.

Ran into the same problem in the bracket/slice I was in. I hate being subject to yet another variable out of our control.
  • simonsez
    madok wrote:
    Ran into the same problem in the bracket/slice I was in. I hate being subject to yet another variable out of our control.
    I blame the people who insisted PvP needed variable end times. I always thought shields made end time irrelevant.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    madok wrote:
    I blame the people who insisted PvP needed variable end times. I always thought shields made end time irrelevant.

IIRC, the call for variable end times was always for PvE. Pretty sure there were a bunch of "Wait, why is it PvP too?" posts.
  • simonsez
    simonsez wrote:
    madok wrote:

IIRC, the call for variable end times was always for PvE. Pretty sure there were a bunch of "Wait, why is it PvP too?" posts.
    Let's put it to a poll...
  • dkffiv wrote:
    I normally do slice 4 because it seemed to be really competitive in previous seasons, but now it feels like it's drying up. Last PvP I couldn't make it to 1000 and with 11 hours to go in this one only the guy in first place has 1300 and only the top three have breached 1000. I very much doubt I'll hit 1000 in this one, either.

Maybe I'll have to start using slice 3 instead...

Let's just say one or more alliances decided to act childish and start a war. Instead of scoring 1300-2000 the top PvPers were busy hitting each other at 600-1000. When the top scores are gone the shard suffers.

I agree dk, being sniped sucks a lot. And that's why I respect dark matter. 19 of u shield check and don't snipe. Sure there's a few that are bitter and stuck up but overall most of u are cool. But that's why I like my alliance better. All 20 of us are a family and we always stay united. So I guess a lot depends on how dark matter responds to this so called "child's play" tho you have to admit, that that must be a pretty strong child...