Return XForce to glory

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The new Wolverine is here, and with her we have a new power that for 8 AP does 4000+ damage and later will give also strike tiles. We also have Cyclops blue, for 8 AP it does 3000+ damage, gets AP and produces small cascades.

So please devs, give us back Xforce wolvie green! Everybody knew XForce needed a nerf, Surgical was almighty, but Xforce was ok, nobody wanted that nerf. And to make things worse wolvie is one of the 4s with less life (why x-23 or even JG has more life than wolvie ?!?!?!?!?!??!?).

So at least devs, give us back the old green!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    XForce badly needed a nerf way back when because he was immensely powerful. Back when it was him, Thoress, Fury and Invisible Woman he was more powerful than he had a right to be, decimating people with his moves.
    Now, however, I agree that he's squishy as hell and totally neutered compared to the other 4*s. He doesn't compare, he's more like a pretty good 3*. He feels old now and can't keep up with the new guys.

His 10k HP is pitiful and it wouldn't be so bad if he had proper healing.

Compared to the new range of 4* elite he just doesn't measure up any more. Also I want a complete re-working of Thoress so she actually functions like how she does in the comics ¬¬
    It would be like if they made a spiderman character that has no physical attacks at all and just stunned people all day.

...oh wait.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    May need more options, add "up the damage on his green some" and that will get a vote, other than that, he is fine as is.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's already had 2 passes, one buff, one nerf, I doubt they'll give him another look
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    I fully supported the XForce nerf because the game needed it. Now, he needs to be buffed back again. The new wolverine puts him to shame.

XForce's black is fine.

What needs to be buffed is either his green or yellow.

greenflag.png buff-cost decrease, or damage increase, or more cascade

yellowflag.png buff-timer decrease, or total health increase, or more damage on match.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Keep green damage the same but lower to 5ap cost, make his yellow like XF Deadpool where it activates when it is destroyed.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love to see Colog's rating of 4* with old XF and GT included in there. They might not crack the T5 with some of the current options.

I know in game development in general you don't un-nerf because it admits a mistake. But both of these nerfs were terrible mistakes. At least GT still has her health, XF is one of the weaker 4*'s now because he can go down so quickly.

Agree with many here - we understood why his black needed something done at the time. I still think just taking away the "steal" would have been enough, drain was fine - but whatever.

The green though - at the time I questioned why his green was tampered with, and I continue to in every single thread that's been brought up like this afterwards. Plenty have shown his green damage per ap is way, way worse than several 3*'s....
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    He's already had 2 passes, one buff, one nerf, I doubt they'll give him another look

Well they buffed Invisible Woman at least twice. XFW and 4hor became useless when they were nerfed especially at lower covers. I rather use my 2* Wolv over my lvl 130 4/2/2 XForce. His green is just pathetic.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    The problem I have with his fully covered green is that it goes from an X to scattershot. That's not precise. That's buckshot; like wolverine's green becomes a shotgun when fully covered.

If they're dead set on limiting the damage, there should be a caveat to any enemy tiles destroyed, generate strike tiles, etc...... Something needs to justify the horrible damage it now deals.
  • I bought in for $200 so I could cover 4hor and XFW and two days later came the nerf. I was furious. I can understand why they would have taken away XFWs AP generations on his black attack. That was what made him out of hand to begin with, but nerfing his green attack was completely unnecessary. The best you can say about him now is that he would make the list of the top 10 3*, if only just. Wait, he's a 4* star?!? Ridiculous.
  • One of my fav teams right now is Xforce Wolverine and Deadpool with Thoress, but I do wish his green was a bit better. Maybe healthwise a little more also
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Make his green have ap gain like his black use to and give him a health buff
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    darthpoo wrote:
    I bought in for $200 so I could cover 4hor and XFW and two days later came the nerf. I was furious. I can understand why they would have taken away XFWs AP generations on his black attack. That was what made him out of hand to begin with, but nerfing his green attack was completely unnecessary. The best you can say about him now is that he would make the list of the top 10 3*, if only just. Wait, he's a 4* star?!? Ridiculous.

I had bought his black and green to make him 5/5/2 about 2 weeks before the nerf. I did decided to sell him back and now through tokens I have an XF that is 5/5/2. I did use that extra HP to up some of my 3* to make them worthwhile and now I have every 3* max covered and leveled between 120 (support characters) to 140 (pve characters) to 152 (pvp characters) except for vision (level 92) and Rags (level 40 cuz I just can't see him being worthwhile)
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I replied to fix him - specifically, his Green damage scaling needs to be improved and either his health needs to increase or his Yellow countdown needs to decrease.

But, sadly Demiurge/D3 are not in the business to fix characters that many people actually have covered. They are in the business to push the next new shiny object (in this case X-23). It's sad that Logan's clone is so much better than he is, but the dev's aren't about to do all of us with pre-nerf covered XFW's any favors (unfortunately).

TLDR - God forbid we able to use one of the few 4* characters that many people have reasonably covered. But...working as intended.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Which makes more money

A) Fix our beloved Wolverine Xforce AGAIN
    B) Simply release a newer Wolverine, this time with ****.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    They especially should improve Thoress again since Mighty Thor #1 comes out in a couple of weeks!
    Maybe my priorities are skewed in this thread *tries to cover up tell tale sig* Ugh, I'm such a fanboy.

As others have said, X-Force doesn't even need that much of a tweak to be workable again. I don't think that many people here are going to engage smug mode if the devs go back on a previous nerf and give him a bit of a boosty.
  • Ludaa wrote:
    Which makes more money

Took the thoughts right out of my head. You'd think people would have learned by now…

DBC
  • Ludaa wrote:
    Which makes more money

Took the thoughts right out of my head. You'd think people would have learned by now…

DBC
    That is why i quit. how many people are they willing to lose when we keep telling what are problems with the game are, but we knew early on with true healing how much they cared with user feedback.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heartburn wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:
    Which makes more money

DBC
    That is why i quit. how many people are they willing to lose when we keep telling what are problems with the game are, but we knew early on with true healing how much they cared with user feedback.

Yeah I guess you are right, there are some 4s (and of course some 3s) that with a small amount of rework they could be really good.

Wolvie just needs his life to be on par with x-23 and return green to its former glory. Then for Reed e.g. if they raised the number of stunned turns of his blue, and raised damage a little bit in his black and he would be good (not exelent, but good). IW, Starlord and Elektra (even though I know some people love Elektra as is) need probably more work (well I think that for Starlord if purple and red both were 8 AP and you could place the countdown wherever you wanted, he would improve a lot).

But as you said, it is easier to just create some new chars were people could spend their money. This is why JG, Iceman, Cyclops and RH are so good, is it a coincidence that almost all new chars are really good? (I think x-23 is probably the worst one in a long while, and she is not bad, she is just not as good as those others).

So please devs, give all chars some love, fix XForce, RR, IW, Starlord, Physlocke, IM, Colossus, etc, etc.

PS: How great would it be if we could use a team of RR, IW and Thing and it was a great team, not one where one char sucks, the other is meh, and one that it is not bad but just shines with xpool
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Your post is about a character and it's a suggestion. Please stand by while it is split into two alternate-universe threads and moved to two different subforums. This cannot stand in General. icon_rolleyes.gif

P.S. I voted do it now. icon_e_wink.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time to bump one of the (many, many) X-force threads, now that he's buffed.

So, so many rosters out there (mine included) that are running a 270 over this bad 350 option. I know Venom is same colors...but I doubt we'll see X-force as the #1 choice in upcoming PVP's over better 4*'s that are better options at 270.

Would I be running old X-force? Maybe! His green was pretty good, and you'd still have to be preventing his great black. His health would still be incredibly weak though.

He either needs better abilities or more health or both. Seeing him passed over when he is boosted is pretty much all the evidence the devs should need to see.