Can we please stop having weekend character release PVEs?

13»

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    sc0ville wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Seriously, every new character comes out is released over the weekend whether it be a standard PvE or a special event like Galactus Hungers. Can we get a release event that runs from Monday-Thursday for once? Those of us with families or other commitments on the weekend that prevent us from heavily grinding would like a shot at the new characters as well.

i see no problem with the way it stands now. we have kids we have to pick up and drive around to after school stuff all week so why change it so those who have stuff during the week cant play. Also love how people complain its Halloween weekend yet they had no problem on when events ran thanksgiving, christmas or 4 of july or any other holiday

I don't understand this statement. Did you check through the comments of everyone who complained about the weekend or Halloween conflict and find that these same people approved of the Christas/Thanksgiving events?

who knows if same but i remember last year people were saying not everyone does thanksgiving or christmas so why shouldnt events run. Same with halloween im just saying
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I actually like weekend PVEs. I have a M-F job, which doesn't give me a great deal of room to play or be competitive at all in PVE, so when one rolls around on the weekend, it allows me to compete with the others for something like X-23. I'm pretty happy about that.

That said, I understand the reasoning behind this, being that devs seem to take the weekends off, so issues remain unresolved. However, can't we just ask for weekend tech support, rather than the removal of what is essentially the only playing time for people like myself?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    The reasoning doesn't really have anything to do with tech support. It's that for some of us, the situation is completely the opposite. Personally, I'm self-employed and work from home (or any place with an internet connection, really), which means that it's really easy for me to schedule in PvE runs during the week, even on those days when I'm taking care of the kids, because I make sure to time any end of sub final grind sessions at night when they're asleep by picking the right time slice.

During the weekends, however, my playtime is extremely limited because I'm spending time with my girlfriend and/or the kids, and have a pretty active social life to boot. It would be nice if every now and then a character would be released in a PvE that's more convenient for players like me, instead of always favoring the players who have more time available during the weekend. Just like I think it would be fair to alternate lightning rounds between weekdays and weekends as well instead of only running those during the week.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm ok with new characters on weekends, but I don't like new characters followed by heroic
  • I'm going to go all crazy here and suggest maybe we could have some +-2-week events that folks could all play at some point, either on a weekday or a weekend, and not be worrying about playing "optimally" against each other?

I know, right? Nutso.

DBC
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    A while back, when I thought Silver Surfer would have a new character PvE release during Rosh Hashana, I sent IceX a message asking if they could be more careful about running events around holidays. This was his reply (after explaining Silver Surfer wouldn't have a new character PvE):

As for general holiday release, it's really hard for us to move things around for specific holidays since we release characters every 2 weeks. Especially with something that lasts multiple days, it can throw off release plans that have to be pushed around due to Marvel publishing tie-ins. So what we do instead is just to stay completely holiday agnostic. We'll tie in to a holiday if it makes sense, but we don't actively seek out holidays to tie into. It also saves us headaches with trying to tie things in to world holidays.

End of quote.

So fine, they can be holiday agnostic, but that still doesn't prevent them from not releasing new characters every time during the weekend instead of during the week.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    New Character and New PvE debut on not just a weekend but a holiday weekend to boot. Quarduple whammy of awful here.
  • slidecage
    New Character and New PvE debut on not just a weekend but a holiday weekend to boot. Quarduple whammy of awful here.

Hello is this D3 get ready for a ton of backlash for pulling this. Going to be funny as hell if their servers crash
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    A new event on a holiday weekend when nobody is in the office. What could go wrong?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, let's introduce back to back new characters with 7 day release events and the second one ending on Christmas Eve. Nobody will have an issue with that at all, right?
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Its strange how people have more time to play on weekdays than weekends.

I'm **** at work, or cooking dinner, or running errands, driving around doing **** etc. on weekdays. Weekends is the only time I can do any real damage for like a consistent chunk of an hour/2 of time at all.

Guess you guys can all play while doing your jobs still? Let me know if any of your places are hiring.
  • slidecage
    Hey, let's introduce back to back new characters with 7 day release events and the second one ending on Christmas Eve. Nobody will have an issue with that at all, right?

You mean the 2nd one Starting on christmas eve

Brother hood runs to the 24th
    New pve starts the 24th unless i missed something

about having more time on weekdays then weekends... yeap my girlfriend is working doing the day Weekdays so i can play the game without bugging her ... weekends we are off at the same time so cant play that much
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weeklong events are the only way to screw everyone evenly.

I just don't see the problem here.
    That's only true if everyone joins day 1. If weekends are problematic for you, wait until sunday night or monday morning and look for a fresh bracket and you're in business. If weekdays are bad for you, you're SOL cause the event ends on a weekday. You can't bank enough progress/lead/etc. on the first few days over the weekend to make up for the next 3-4 days of being hurt by real life.