Can we please stop having weekend character release PVEs?

stochasticism
stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Seriously, every new character comes out is released over the weekend whether it be a standard PvE or a special event like Galactus Hungers. Can we get a release event that runs from Monday-Thursday for once? Those of us with families or other commitments on the weekend that prevent us from heavily grinding would like a shot at the new characters as well.

Comments

• bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I am in the same situation. I do way better on the middle week PVEs.

It is just funny that our priority are the follow: Family > MPQ > work. icon_eek.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    luckily this falls between a wedding last weekend and an upcoming college visit with my daughter. I much prefer weekday pves because my schedule is set and known and I have a routine that I can do ok with. weekends are all over the place and a bit helter skelter. if I had a vote, I'd vote against weekend release pves, but I'm sure others prefer them.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    And can we get weekend Lightning rounds while we are at it?
  • I work all day during the week but not on Saturday or Sunday. Weekday PVE's would be lame. Then again I don't play most PVE's cause they are such snoozefests icon_razz.gif
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Plus it's Halloween weekend for those that partake. Even worse than a random non Holliday weekend.

Party on Friday will make grinding hard, taking the kids out is more manageable on Saturday.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, alternating between weekend and week release PvE's seems a lot more fair. I can easily schedule in PvE runs on weekdays, but my weekends tend to be super busy.
  • Fully agree with op. I've actually wound up top *105* (frustration, much??) in the last two of these because of the weekend releases.
    And similarly it's not fair to the weekend players to have them always ending Thursdays either, but there's no reason it can't alternate.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously, every new character comes out is released over the weekend whether it be a standard PvE or a special event like Galactus Hungers. Can we get a release event that runs from Monday-Thursday for once? Those of us with families or other commitments on the weekend that prevent us from heavily grinding would like a shot at the new characters as well.

i see no problem with the way it stands now. we have kids we have to pick up and drive around to after school stuff all week so why change it so those who have stuff during the week cant play. Also love how people complain its Halloween weekend yet they had no problem on when events ran thanksgiving, christmas or 4 of july or any other holiday
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

i see no problem with the way it stands now. we have kids we have to pick up and drive around to after school stuff all week so why change it so those who have stuff during the week cant play. Also love how people complain its Halloween weekend yet they had no problem on when events ran thanksgiving, christmas or 4 of july or any other holiday

Because right now the situation is completely one-sided, and those of us who have trouble sticking to a demanding PvE schedule during a weekend get the short end of the stick all of the time. Alternating between weekend release PvE's and (mid)week release PvE's would mean that every player is inconvenienced some of the time, but none of the players are inconvenienced all of the time.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could swear that players begged for no more 7day new releases and wanted the release events on wknds.

I doubt anyone wants the 7days back, but going all weekend or weekday all the time will please no one.

Just make all PVEs 4 days, 2x48hr subs, so it always rotates and let the chips fall. People's schedules are all over the place (I used to have a Wed-Thurs "weekend"), so the best solution is completely arbitrary.

Oh, please no 7 day events for character releases. Those are the worst ever although most everyone gets screwed in some way there. Having it rotate in some manner as you and Der_Lex suggest is exactly what I would hope for.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could swear that players begged for no more 7day new releases and wanted the release events on wknds.

I doubt anyone wants the 7days back, but going all weekend or weekday all the time will please no one.

Just make all PVEs 4 days, 2x48hr subs, so it always rotates and let the chips fall. People's schedules are all over the place (I used to have a Wed-Thurs "weekend"), so the best solution is completely arbitrary.

Oh, please no 7 day events for character releases. Those are the worst ever although most everyone gets screwed in some way there. Having it rotate in some manner as you and Der_Lex suggest is exactly what I would hope for.

pretty sure D3 said they would never do a 7 day new release didnt they.

why are 48 hour nodes give 2x+ for HP but not for tokens

1 day top 2 = 100 and 2 tokens
    2 day top 2 = 250 but only 2 tokens should be 4
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    One solution would be to increase the number of slices from 5 to 20, same ending times, but over 4 days (Thursday to Sunday).
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    They also said that they would never do back-to-back 4-star releases again, and look what we have now. Although to be fair this was when 3-star releases were the norm and you needed to finish top 50 on 3-hour-refresh pve to even get a cover. Anyway, I wouldn't put too much on what they say they would or wouldn't do, cause anything can change down the road.
  • Just give us a cover for logging in. It isn't fair that I have to work during the week and like to do things like watch football and run around with the kids. Better yet, give us all three covers just for that.

Never mind. I vote for 14 day character releases. All 24 subs. It'll keep the new characters where they belong. icon_twisted.gif
  • nwman
    slidecage wrote:

Also love how people complain its Halloween weekend yet they had no problem on when events ran thanksgiving, christmas or 4 of july or any other holiday

Wow, how did you end up with that after what I said? I saying Halloween was worse than a random weekend that was a non holiday weekend.

I wasn't saying week vs weekends. I was saying holiday weekends were worst.

Special event weekends are bad. There are lots of those for everyone.

New releases could be designed to avoid all those dates / events you mention and I'm not sure where you thought I had no problem with that.
  • nwman
    Moon Roach wrote:
    One solution would be to increase the number of slices from 5 to 20, same ending times, but over 4 days (Thursday to Sunday).

Man this is a decent idea that would increase the 3 and 4 star progression everyone wants. It would increase the available top 10s and so on.

More slices or a different system would also allow each player more work around and ability to avoid a certain day. Pvp is much more flexible than pve and you can hop slices with relative ease.

The current slices for me and I suspect many others leave 1 viable slice to play if you want to get a solid night sleep. For me it's s4.

How many slices are viable for everyone else to play top 10 full event? Sure you can late join events but that can backfire, even if it's coordinated.

This means for me my sub events end at 11pm so if you are grinding for top 10 that means 2-3 hour grinds. So each night from 8 or 9 to 11pm is the grinding time, and then you have a 20-30 minute new clear to start the next sub event.

No other slice allows me to sleep or play the grind, because I can't grind at work or while I'm sleeping.

So having kids means all holidays are bad, and weekends occasionally when your doing something social in real life. Some weekdays also end up being that way.

Now non new release events are a different beast. Too bad the reward structure wasn't setup differently altogether.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    I have no life outside of work, and no kids, so I am very happy and supportive of weekend PVE.

Sorry, OP.

*edited for incorrect info. Not about me not having a life, but the type of PVE it was. Thanks, nic13.
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Deadpooool wrote:
    I have no life outside of work, and no kids, so I am very happy and supportive of weekend PVE. (although I'm a tad salty about it being a heroic one)

Sorry, OP.

It's unstable iso. Not heroic.

I prefer weekend pve. Rotation is fair and works fine too.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely would appreciate them rotating PvE 4* release events between weekend ones and week day ones although honestly it will probably have very little affect on my performance since I have random days off that range from few and far between lol
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Weekday...weekend....doesn't matter to me and let's be honest, when it's a new character, it doesn't matter when it is - someone's going to be PO'ed.....

The real problem isn't times, it's the fact that it's the same freaking events for 2+ years! Come on - we have what - 85 characters (including X-23), and yet we can't get any new story lines for them? Marvel's rich history and we can't come up with something new?

Instead of every 2 weeks releasing a new character, release a new character every 3 weeks, and use the extra week to come up with new PVE events. Every time you add a new event, put an old event on the shelf for a long time - that way when you run it it feels like a "treat" of sorts....

Sorry to get off track there, but it bugs me and I know I'm not alone....

As for the time issue - keep them on the 4 day PVE's, but rotate how they are implemented. This one starts on Thursday and runs 4 days, then a 3 day event starts on Monday as a filler. Then the next new release begins on Sunday and runs to Thursday, after a filler event starting on Thursday - Sunday. Either that or have new releases on the 3 day PVE's and reverse what I said (Thurs - Sun new release, Sun - Thurs filler, week, Thurs - Mon filler, Mon - Thurs new release).

It's not perfect, but it's better.