Average HP used to hit 1300

2»

Comments

• ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    i can hit 1300 in first shield 99% of events and depending on which 4*'s are buffed usually can go even further,
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    tanis3303 wrote:
    0. I decided it just wasn't worth the time, resources and effort after my first 1300 token whiff. My roster can carry me to 1K without a shield, so I shoot up to around there and use a 3 hour shield at the end of the event to hold the score for the sake of the alliance. Between progression rewards, placement rewards and alliance rewards, I end up netting an average of 175 HP per event. Instead of potentially wasting resources for a slot pull, I'll just save that HP up and buy a cover I want. Suck my kiss RNGesus icon_mrgreen.gif

2500/175 = 14.xx. So you're able to buy a cover once every fourteen events or 1/14 = 7%. Leg tokens have been disappointing for me so far, but I'm doing better than 7% success rate right now.

I can see where that approach has a lot less disappointment and effort though.

Sure, if you only count HP gained from pvp events, but I get lots from PvE and the random taco draw as well...I can usually save up 2,500 in a couple weeks
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koko81 wrote:
    Lots of great strategies and info thanks everyone im going to try it with the Bullseye event and let you know

I'll be using the loaner bullseye with HB and Ice
    Be aware that a loaner Bullseye is a huge target in this tournament - it's easy to take him out fast and trigger Contract killer. Don't overextend yourself. The higher level your featured character is, the greater your chance of success. This particular tournament is a bit of an outlier thanks to Contract Killer though, so it may be harder than usual to climb with a loaner.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    you guys have to be swimming in HP.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been playing for 11 months and today I just hit my first 1300 progress reward in the patch event. Joined slice 1 with about 36 hrs left and used hulk and Loki to climb. Once I got over 900 I put up a 3 hr shield. Being conservative I then hopped (single fights only, but ensured the target were 60+ points by queuing and checking the scores of top 10 alliance members) with 8-3 shields that gotten me to the 1k reward with over 16hrs left. I normally stop here but since I still have three high valued targets left in my queue. I figured there was a chance I can make 1300. Did another 8-3-8 hops (again single fights only) that got me to 1294 (so close). A defensive win later pushed me to 1295. Then within the last 8 mins, I went for it and got my first 1300 with a win. Within the last 3 minutes or so, I was hit three times (a forth had a defensive win) that lost me 186 points and I was out of the top 10 for my bracket.

In hindsight, I probably spent a little too much on shields by doing only 1 fight per hop, but I have to say, each time I shielded I was immediately attacked shortly after. So if I had done two fights, I would have definitely lost my progress. Overall, I believe I did okay for my first attempt, considering I was up against maxed jeanbuster since the fight that got me over 1k.

In total, I spent 675 HP on shields to get starlord, deadpool and a command point.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    pongie - if you run a team like that, stick to 1 fight hops. you might can do 2 if you have a high featured with 2 high boosteds that synergize well together, but running anything with lower stuff will get hit quickly once you cross 1K. and I'm jealous. I spent way more than that on my first 1300 (but it was for hb red). congrats.
  • Pongie
    I did try out doom and cage during my initial climb, but what I found was, they were a lot slower. I guess that was why I went for it. The team was quick and effective against all the fistbuster/jeanbuster teams out there. In the past, fighting those teams has been a coin flip at 50/50, at best probably 2/3. With this team I was 5-6/0. Probably going to be a while before I attempt 1300 again. I need the stars to line up (quick effective teams, save up enough HPs and a decent climb with good targets in the queue).
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my first 1300 today on Sharp Dressed running Patch, Hulk and Luke Cage all maxed (with Rocket and Groot at the end when out of health packs) on a lucky 3/8 combo. Up to about 940, shield for 3, hit 1000 and just kept going, tried a couple of Jeanbusters since I'd yet to beat one, beat both and found myself at 1207 with a 73 in the queue. Shielded to recharge health packs and took 2 fights to break 1300. Then ended up at under 900 in the last 5 minutes.
  • Pongie
    Just wanted to bump this thread and say I have been getting 1300 this season with just 2-3 shields now (only missed one event so far, punisher by ~40 points).
    Finally getting IMHB maxed helped a tonne.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prior to gaining a top-class 4* team, I usually managed to hit 1300 on 225-375 HP (3-8, 3-8-3, or 8-3-8). Given you have maxed boosted 3* guys, it's very doable. Plenty of others have given solid advice, so I'll just advise to read up and follow what people have already said.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    My shielding is any of the following to get to 1300, depending on my personal schedule:

8/3
    8/8
    8/8/3

Something to that effect. Usually just 0-2 shields unless I'm very busy. I try to avoid a 24 hour shield because that's crazy expensive. 8 hour shields are a pain too early though because you need to time your sleep correctly so that you don't miss the moment that it breaks.. either it breaks too soon and you'd need to wake up early, or else it breaks too late and you're not available to play then, and even if you do a 3-hr shield, even that one will break at a time that's highly inconvenient.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    This season's PVP I've been good for 1K with one shield. I usually make it to the early-mid 900s w/o having to shield, then shield, then come back in the last 10 minutes of the round to hit one or two battles to get over 1K. I have been creeping closer and closer to 1.3 but have not made it yet. I think the highest I had was 1230+, that was with two shields.

Also this season I've been playing the short game, meaning getting into a slice 3 hours or less until the end of the round and playing straight through to the mid-900 range, then the short shield hop at the end. This has been the only way I've consistently been breaking 1K.

Also, a 6 cover OML is a big help...
  • Back when I was still using primarily a 3* roster, I would hit 1.3k within 4-6 hops. That's somewhere between 450 HP and 675 HP. Now I can hit 1.3k in 2 to 3 hops.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    I generally refuse to shield under 1K, and I try to push as far as I can. I just started using my first 4* (Thor, who I maxed this past Sunday), and that helps a ton, but 3*s had been getting the job done for me before then. From 1k, it's just one good hop to 1300.
  • I can usually hit it with 0-75 HP. I don't anticipate much change after after CC's go away.